Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Atl Draft I Think Its Good

*Trade Schaub to Cleveland for a 2007 2nd and 2008 2nd round pick*
Cleveland really has no QB who can win for them and no franchise QB. Even though they wnat JaMarcus Russel he will not fall the them so they go for Schaub.

1st round- LaRon Landry LSU S
--Best player available, and a major need. My favorite player in this draft.
People thought he was not fast enough to play in the NFL, but his combine
proved that he is a beast--

2nd round(from Cleveland)- Justin Blalock TEXAS OG
--Best OG available and we need. Our OL is a mess so he will be the 1st piece of the puzzle to protect Vick. Day 1 starter--

2nd round- Anthony Spencer PURDUE DE
--I know most people think he will be a OLB in the NFL but I like the way he
plays, and he already stated that he is focused on being a DE int he NFL--

3rd round- Michael Bush LOUISVILLE RB
--A big big big back. A perfect player to team up with Noorwood. Could be a better version of T.J. Duckett. And him being a friend with our coach doesn't hurt--

4th round- Travarous Bain HAMPTON CB
-- Is an amazing athlete who is very fast and has good height for a CB. A bit of a sleeper because he went to Hampton, but he did go the Miami before transfering to Hampton. Can also help in the return game if needed. Having him Hall and Williams covering the WR would he great--

4th round- Jon Abbate WAKE FOREST ILB
-- yes, he is a pretty small human but he is a great football player. He has a nose for the ball and tackles very good. We are probably gonna start Brooking at MLB and we do have Beck. But I like what Abbate could do with Boley and D. Williams on either side with Beck as his backup--

4th round- Dan Mozes WEST VIRGINIA C
--Todd McClure cant start forever. He has been a pretty good C but Mozes could be even better. He is a tough football player who is extremely smart. he is not very big but could easily put on weight becase he just wantts to play football--

5th round- Justin Medlock UCLA K
--Face it we got no K. We tried to play Koehen as our K, P, KO, basically everything that has to do with kicking the ball. Medlock is a very very consistant kicker who has great accuracy. He may not have as strong of a leg as Crosby but he's got a strong enough one--

6th round- Michael Allan WHITWORTH TE
--yes i know we got Alge, but it would not kill us to have a good backup in case Alge gets hurt or something. Allan is a great blocker and could play on running downs. he did play in a small college and may be hard for him to jump to the NFL but he won't be expected to start and make the Pro Bowl in his fist 2 seasons. He can develope and learn from Alge--

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Last edited by SimonRath : 03-20-2007 at 08:31 PM.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my opinion but I would change Blalock to Grubbs and Henry to Michael Bush.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man i thought about Grubbs very very hard.. And i would want him, but from what i heard i thought he would be picked in the 1st round..

As for Bush, i like him but I like Henry more. Henry is strong and fast and has good hands

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Man i thought about Grubbs very very hard.. And i would want him, but from what i heard i thought he would be picked in the 1st round..

As for Bush, i like him but I like Henry more. Henry is strong and fast and has good hands
Henry struggled during the season and was even replaced, if he didn't put up stats in college, could he really do it in the NFL??? Just a workout warrior IMO.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Bush on the other hand was once top 20 talent, but is just consistently injured, injuries aside, he could be a great NFL player.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

How about this, best case scenario. Using the same trade.

1st Round - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
- Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

2nd Round (f/CLE) - Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
- Auburn is known for having good RB's coming out, and who blocks for those men??? Last year you saw McNeal come out and make the Pro Bowl at LT for the San Diego Chargers when he was heavily overlooked, this year you have Grubbs who has the potential to be a consistent pro-bowler. He is extremely athletic and mobile, the only thing he really lacks is size at 6-3.

2nd Round (ATL) - Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami (FL)
- The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

3rd Round - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Again, I dont think Grubbs will fall to the 2nd round. I thought about Brandon in the 2nd round but i like Landry and I assummed that peterson was gone

Sig by BK

Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Henry struggled during the season and was even replaced, if he didn't put up stats in college, could he really do it in the NFL??? Just a workout warrior IMO.
Yea I see what your thinking.. I might change

Sig by BK

Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
How about this, best case scenario. Using the same trade.

- Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

2nd Round (f/CLE) - Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
- Auburn is known for having good RB's coming out, and who blocks for those men??? Last year you saw McNeal come out and make the Pro Bowl at LT for the San Diego Chargers when he was heavily overlooked, this year you have Grubbs who has the potential to be a consistent pro-bowler. He is extremely athletic and mobile, the only thing he really lacks is size at 6-3.

- The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.
would be a perfect day one, but all 4 players would have to slip 1 or 2 maybe but not all 4 if IAF is there at #74 i will be stunned and question the merrits of all NFL scouts, the guy has NO weaknesses that arent correctable with any type of coaching, he basically the same as Jamaal Anderson, i could see him being gone before our 2nd round pick
Old 03-20-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

This to me is an even more ideal/unrealistic draft... only changed 1 pick too

2nd Round (f/CLE) - Joe Staley, OT, Central Mich
Would be a great pick here and i belive OT is a greater need than OG for us with the signing of Foninu. Staley has everything in the LT that we have wanted for years, power, amazing feet and a good head on his shoulders. Will have no problem getting around 315-320lb an ideal weight for this sheme, i predict him to beat out Gandy in camp and be a day one starter at LT (not vicks blindside)

4th Round - Kyle Young, OG/C, Fresno State
An absolute perfect fit in light of what we have done earlier in the draft and essentially gives us the best of both worlds. Young is perfect for the Scheme at 354lb and would be the biggest C in the NFL, the beauty of drafting him is this, if Foninu is a flop he can challenge him for OG and start day one and is bascially the same size, if both he AND foninu perform great at camp he challenges MClure for the C position and is over 60 lbs bigger and a far better/younger fit. IF young stinks it up at camp he at least he provides depth at both positions perhaps saving a roster spot.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
This to me is an even more ideal/unrealistic draft... only changed 1 pick too

2nd Round (f/CLE) - Joe Staley, OT, Central Mich
Would be a great pick here and i belive OT is a greater need than OG for us with the signing of Foninu. Staley has everything in the LT that we have wanted for years, power, amazing feet and a good head on his shoulders. Will have no problem getting around 315-320lb an ideal weight for this sheme, i predict him to beat out Gandy in camp and be a day one starter at LT (not vicks blindside)

4th Round - Kyle Young, OG/C, Fresno State
An absolute perfect fit in light of what we have done earlier in the draft and essentially gives us the best of both worlds. Young is perfect for the Scheme at 354lb and would be the biggest C in the NFL, the beauty of drafting him is this, if Foninu is a flop he can challenge him for OG and start day one and is bascially the same size, if both he AND foninu perform great at camp he challenges MClure for the C position and is over 60 lbs bigger and a far better/younger fit. IF young stinks it up at camp he at least he provides depth at both positions perhaps saving a roster spot.

Peterson would be heaven but i cant see him falling. Probably some team would trade up.. Staley would be nice, but he will probably get picked in the 1st round.. I like Brandon and would love him there

Sig by BK

Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Henry is exactly what we DON'T need. He's just an athlete that isn't a great football player.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

sorry for putting Chris Henry

Sig by BK

Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Henry, just not in the 3rd round. He was a 7th rounder / UDRFA before the combine, we just don't want someone jumping up boards because of numbers.

There are a lot of freak athletes that I'd like to get late in the draft...that corner from Cal Poly might be my favorite player now. I think his name is Courtney Brown? I forget, he's my favorite though
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Now that I think about ti, picking Chris Henry in the 3rd round is a little high but I just like him. He's fast and strong and Arizona just didn't use him th way he should have.

Sig by BK

Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah they aren't the best football team, but he just doesn't play up to his timed and measured numbers. I think he can come around, but he's got a lot of work to do.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just curious but wouldn't we rather have Laron Landry instead of Adrian Peterson. AP is easily the best RB in the draft, but L.L. is by far the best Safety. We already have Dunn, and Norwood to hold down the backfield and we signed that fullback for goal line situations I'm going to assume. So shouldn't we take L.L. to sure up the Secondary which was truely lacking last year. If we take AP, I will be disappointed that's all I'm going to say.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I don't think LL is by far the best Safety. AP would allow us to have a power runningback. I LOVE Safetys, but there are QUITE a few mid - late round guys that I think could serve us equally as well as Landry. I really like Landry, but no, if I can get AP then I'd take him all day everyday.

With Norwood + AP we would have one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, and Dunn as a 3rd option is INCREDIBLE. We'd then have 4 guys on the team with the ability to rush for 1000 yards. That would be nearly impossible to gameplan for. We could really run the Wishbone and no one could do anything about it. You could put 11 in the box and we would still have the ability to run the ball. Anyway, that being said.

Landry isn't THAT much better than a few guys that I like, Weddle, Nelson, Griffin, all 3 of those are right under Landry, and as far as what we need I would ALMOST rather have those guys, if I knew they would be there in the 2nd round.

There are also a couple freak athletes I'd like to have as late round options at Safety. I don't know much about them other than their numbers and those have me thinking it'd be nice to pick up at least one of them. Such as Sabby and Wendling.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigfanga

I would stay far away from AP. He's injury prone and his upright running style leaves him open to more injury. Somebody's gonna take a bath on picking him.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Well, he won't be there at 10, but if he is, you can't pass him up. They said the same thing about Jerious Norwood, I look at Edge run, and MGahee they all run "upright" Just because they have an upright running style doesn't mean stay away, they know when to lower their shoulder, they just run with a sprinters form instead of a RB form all the time hunched over. When they are in traffic though they get down...so I don't see why that is such a big knock against RBs. As far as injury prone, so is Mike Vick...lol. I mean you play football you get hurt, the thing is, can you play through pain, can you avoid MAJOR injuries, can you not dive into the endzone like a moron.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigfanga

Quote:
They said the same thing about Jerious Norwood
And Norwood was injured for a few games last year. For that matter, McGahee is also on the fragile list. And if you watch Edge, he has the typical forward lean when he runs.

I think AP has a ton of upside, but the fact that he has never played a full season is proof of an at-least-equal downside.