Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: What will the Packers do these final 5 games?
Go 5-0, finishing 12-4 0 0%
Go 4-1, finishing 11-5 3 33.33%
Go 3-2, finishing 10-6 6 66.67%
Go 2-3, limping in at 9-7 0 0%
Collapse to 1-4, finishing 8-8 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 5-game stretch run

What will the Packers do these final 5 games?
What do you think their record will be these final 5 games?

There are 3 tough teams:
At New England
vs NY Giants
vs Chicago

All those games are losable. Even at home. Miami beat us at home.

We could even lose at Detroit. They came close to beating us in Green Bay in October.

Then again, we could win at New England too.

A lot of peanut gallery fans make after-the-fact declarations.... this is our chance here to man-up and say what we think we'll do the final 5 weeks.

I peg 4-1. And I hope that lone loss is the AFC game at NE.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-30-2010 at 02:08 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 2 of you men have ballz to go out on a limb? Ha!

Everyone else remains silent, and then whatever happens, they say " I knew we'd get hot", or "I knew we'd struggle coming down the stretch", etc....

Almost reminds me of Vikings fans who had their hotels in Dallas booked and talked smack in August, but now said they knew all along that Childress or Favre would hold them back.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Football Gods have it planned that our Week 17 matchup will decide the division. Both sitting there ate 10-5 with one to potentially get a #2 seed and a bye, the other, Wildcard at best.

I hope it gets flexed to Sunday night. CBS and FOX can't protect games for Week 17.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think the Football Gods have it planned that our Week 17 matchup will decide the division. Both sitting there ate 10-5 with one to potentially get a #2 seed and a bye, the other, Wildcard at best.

I hope it gets flexed to Sunday night. CBS and FOX can't protect games for Week 17.
It's seeming like that isn't it.... I forgot that CBS & Fox can't protect games that week.
It's gonna be colder than hell probably on January 2, so having it at night with no sun warmth would make it even colder.

The other potentially big games that final week are:
Oakland @ KC
SD @ Denver
The AFC West will be wide open probably, but isn't nearly as big as Chi-GB.

Pitt @ Cleveland... remember Cleveland has beaten NE and NO.

TB @ NO.... NYG @ Wash.... I can't believe we lost to Wash, whom the Vikings just beat.

TB might be out of it by then, but they could be contending for a wildcard spot and possibly beat out the loser of our Bears-Packers game.

Still, our rivalry game seems to be BY FAR the best game of week 17.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland/KC has a chance to decide the division....but that is the only one on the list I think could do it.

Since flexing started, they almost always try to get a Week 17 matchup that directly affects two playoff teams. Last year I think it was Denver/San Diego to determine the winner of the division. The winner was in, the loser was out.

Ours is more likely to decide between a bye week (or at least a homegame in the Wildcard round) and being a wildcard team.

If the winner gets the 3 seed while the loser would be the 6 seed, it would also determine who gets to be at home a week later when we meet yet again.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this team has been destined to finish 10-6 for a few weeks now.

Take care of business against SF and DET.

One more impressive showing at home against the Giants.

Lose a close one to NE and finish with a mistake filled loss to Chicago.

Meh.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I think this team has been destined to finish 10-6 for a few weeks now.
/Destiny
You might be right about the 10-6 record though but I hope not.