Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

So, um, how badly are the Ducks going to be exposed in the National Championship game?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How badly will the Auburn defense be exposed in the National Championship game? It's going to be such a fun game.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These look like the BCS Games:

Title: Oregon-Auburn.
Rose: Wis-TCU
Fiesta: OU-UConn
Sugar: Ohio St-Ark.
Orange: Va Tech-Stanford

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
they just never struck me as a team that's as good as they're record states. Initial BCS rankings had them WAAAAAY too high and they've rolled from there.
I am an A&M alum, how do you think I feel? I just watch two teams who both lost to A&M play for the big 12 championship because OU was ranked higher.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the tape of the Locker 77 yard run that was called back for holding. Dog#### call, he had broken the line of scrimmage before there was any sort of holding going on.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
So, um, how badly are the Ducks going to be exposed in the National Championship game?
Both teams are going to give up a gazillion points. Going to be a fun game to watch.

got 2 of my former high school teammates playing for a national title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am an A&M alum, how do you think I feel? I just watch two teams who both lost to A&M play for the big 12 championship because OU was ranked higher.
I don't want to hear this again. Yes because we were ranked higher, but also due to the 3 way tie. It was the Don't lose to OSU Championship.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma is always in the middle of things like this lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just what I hate about the system tho. The winner of the Big 12 is in question. Yeah Oklahoma won it, but were they neccesarily the ones who belonged in that game? In the Big Ten, I am very happy Wisconsin won it and therefore the Buckeyes did not. But it leaves Michigan State out of it. They were better than Wisconsin the day they played, if they played Ohio State, maybe they woulda won. So u got three teams declaring the Big Ten Champions. U got three teams declaring they are Big 12 South Champs. U have three teams in the Big East that can say they are Big East Champs, but that makes a little more sense cuz every1 plays every1 and UConn beat Pitt and WVU. Anyway tho, now u got TCU. Don't get me wrong: Auburn-Oregon is the absolute right championship given the system we have. But in any other sport if u go undefeated, u get at least a chance at the title. TCU does not. They can maybe go to the Rose Bowl, beat Wisconsin, and get voted 2nd in the country. Another point, if its so easy to go undefeated in a **** confrence/season, why did only three teams do that this year? Why doesn't the Sun Belt champ go undefeated every year? I mean, in college basketball, every confrence has a title game except the Ivy. U get a clear champion. And I like that.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They're going to get so spanked by whatever team they play in the BCS....
Correct. I can't believe I can actually say Michigan beat a BCS team by 20 and allowed 10 points to them.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Both teams are going to give up a gazillion points. Going to be a fun game to watch.

got 2 of my former high school teammates playing for a national title.
I think the difference in this game is Nick Fairley.

The Ducks have shown that when they play a team with an athletic defensive lineman who can disrupt their tempo, they struggle. Cameron Jordan really caused problems for them in that game Oregon played against Cal.

I know Newton and the Tigers will have no problems racking up points on the Oregon defense - but I won't be surprised if the Auburn defense stifles the Oregon offense to the tune of less than around, 24 points.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I think the difference in this game is Nick Fairley.

The Ducks have shown that when they play a team with an athletic defensive lineman who can disrupt their tempo, they struggle. Cameron Jordan really caused problems for them in that game Oregon played against Cal.

I know Newton and the Tigers will have no problems racking up points on the Oregon defense - but I won't be surprised if the Auburn defense stifles the Oregon offense to the tune of less than around, 24 points.
I agree with you.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Correct. I can't believe I can actually say Michigan beat a BCS team by 20 and allowed 10 points to them.
Psh. It was the first game of the year and was at a tough place to play. UConn is still way more awesome than crappy Michigan!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
How badly will the Auburn defense be exposed in the National Championship game? It's going to be such a fun game.
What does Auburn have to do for you to come around and believe in them?

Also....Im super duper excited for the game.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
What does Auburn have to do for you to come around and believe in them?

Also....Im super duper excited for the game.
Who said I don't believe in them? I believe in both offenses and neither defense :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who said I don't believe in them? I believe in both offenses and neither defense :P
YOu have been hating on them all year predicting losses against LSU, Arkansas, Alabama and maybe even Georgia haha. Of course part of that just could have been that I am a fan :p
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I think Oregon will get exposed. I think their offense is kind of like learning to defend the option. You get a month to learn to deal with it and you have what Ohio State did to them in the Rose Bowl.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Auburn's run defense isn't as bad as their pass defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Auburn played ball control a little and kept Oregon off the field, but I'm expecting a high scoring game with Auburn winning by at least 10. Auburn will be able to stop Oregon a lot more than Oregon will be able to stop Newton I think.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Psh. It was the first game of the year and was at a tough place to play.
Stalwarts such as Appalachian State, Toledo, Purdue and Northwestern all notched wins in the Big House in the past five years. Not that hard of a place to play. That's not even mentioning the fact that Rich Rodriguez is the coach at Michigan.

Quote:
UConn is still way more awesome than crappy Michigan!
You let a kid starting his first game complete 86.4 percent of his passes and scored 10 points against the 102nd-ranked scoring D. That's terrible.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, let's see if I got this correct...

TCU beats Wisconsin and goes on to face the winner of Oregon-Auburn in the Undisputed National Championship? OH NO, THEY DON'T.

Damn you, BCS.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
So, let's see if I got this correct...

TCU beats Wisconsin and goes on to face the winner of Oregon-Auburn in the Undisputed National Championship? OH NO, THEY DON'T.

Damn you, BCS.
Well, TCU's not going to beat Wisconsin, so yay!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know about that, but I do think Wisconsin would definitely have a shot against Auburn or Oregon.

J.J. Watt killing Cam Newton would be fanfreakintastic
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You sir are wrong. TCU will eat Wisconsin's ass with salt and pepper.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
You sir are wrong. TCU will eat Wisconsin's ass with salt and pepper.
The card says you're wrong. DON'T **** WITH THE CARD OR BIELEMA WILL DROP 971 ON YOUR ***** ASS!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

ESPN: Nothing contraversial about the Top 5.

Really? So TCU isn't undefeated?