Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looking ahead to 2011 Draft

By the looks of things we will be in the market for a DE or two, a safety, and a RB as top priorities, IMO.

Who is on the top of your lists for next year....if you have thought that far ahead.

Reason I ask is, because, I assume that most of you guys here are huge draftniks and what better place to ask this. lol
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My early favorites are Mark Ingram (RB, Alabama) and AJ Green (WR, Georgia).
Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Peterson is the best prospect in the draft. Julio Jones is my #1 WR, but hopefully that won't be a need.

Greg Romeus and Richard Quinn will be popular names among Bucs fans looking at the DE position. Adewale Ojomo could prove himself to be worthy of consideration now that his jaw is fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see DE, S, RB and WR as being the biggest needs.

Hopefully we solved the receiver problem with Benn and Williams and maybe safety becomes a non-issue if Sabby/Jones actually do something on the field. The other two will need to be addressed though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I gotta say about this year's draft is, if I hadn't stumbled upon this board I would have had no clue about Brian Price. You guys definitely know your stuff.

I knew of Benn but didn't really know about Mike Williams either. I put a lot of trust in you guys now.

I saw some early lists for next year and see them mentioning some Iowa DE, Adrian Clayborn as a top 10 talent. Any scoop or opinions on him?

UNC's Robert Quinn?

Ohio State's Cameron Heyward? (Actually have followed him since his recruitment)

Texas' Sam Acho?

Interested in also knowing more about Pitt's Greg Romeus.

Does that pretty much make up the top DE prospects right now?

Next question is about OL prospects. Do you agree that we should try to get one early next year? I think that once our OL is set then we can go ahead and draft a stud RB, giving the kid every chance to succeed. Thoughts?

Who are next year's top OL?

Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi?

LSU's Joseph Barksdale?

Florida's Mike Pouncey?

BC's Anthony Castanzo?

USC's Kristopher O'Dowd?

Pitt's Jason Pinkston?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 05-08-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting a pass rusher at defensive end should be our top priority going into the next offseason. My top target for us if we are picking in the top 10 again is Robert Quinn. From what I've seen he's got all the signs of being an elite prospect; the size/speed, great production, first step, motor, etc. Putting him on a line with McCoy and Price would be scary.

Greg Romeus is a option too but I don't think in the top 10. He doesn't have quite the potential that Quinn has. I see him as more of a Derrick Morgan esque prospect, and I think he'll go in the 15-25 range.

Da'Quan Bowers is another option if he can put it all together, but as of now the production is not there to match his physical abilities. Only produced 3 sacks and 7 pressures all season, in comparison Quinn had pretty much that in one game vs Duke last year. He can either be the next Carlos Dunlap or the next Mario Williams depending on what he does this season.

Some sleepers at DE are Sam Acho, Jack Crawford, Jeremy Beal, and Cliff Matthews. Theses guys aren't really top 20 talents right now so they're not really guys we'd look at in the 1st, but they'd be good pass rushing options in the 2nd.

I'll share my thoughts later on our other top positions of need (SS, RB, OT) that we could spend an early round pick on next year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in agreement with DJC on getting a big time pass rushing threat next year. Assuming we keep hold of Penn for 2011, DE is easily going to be our biggest position of need (assuming no player breaks out which I highly doubt).

At the moment Quinn, Clayborn and Romeus all look like good bets to be first round prospects, but a lot can happen over the next year.

Ideally I'd like us to go DE in round 1 and RB in round 2.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot can happen. Last year Snead was talked about as a first round player.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
A lot can happen. Last year Snead was talked about as a first round player.
Haha we got a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

RB crop next year?

Ingram (I like his production, but think he is overrated and a bit slow)

Ryan Williams

Evan Royster (love this kid, but also think he may be slow)

DeMarco Murray (I think he is more of a homerun hitter than the previous 3)

Branden Saine (Like this kid, too.)

Middle round backs

C.J. Gable

Mike Ford

Kendall Hunter

Armando Allen

Thoughts?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 05-09-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of the RB crop next year. There is no "CJ Spiller" playmaking prospect that I think could go top 10, but there is plenty of depth to the class.

Right now, at the top of the board are the first two guys you mentioned. Mark Ingram and Ryan Williams will likely be battling for the top spot in this class.

Royster and Murray are the top 2 senior backs in this class at this point according to most but I think that'll change. I'm honestly not that high on either of them. I don't see anything too special in Royster that'll make him a great RB at the next level. I like Murray a little more because of his speed, but he has had some injury concerns and I'd like to see how he comes out this year to really gauge him.

Two 'sleepers' people are talking about from the senior crop are Daniel Thomas from Kansas State and Anthony Allen from Georgia Tech. Both are bigger guys (225lbs+) but have good enough speed. Allen is hard to project coming out of that offense and seeing the drop of Dwyer this year. Thomas has only had one year at DI though so this will be a big year for him. One thing I don't like about Thomas is his age, he'll be 24 years old when he suits up for the first time in an NFL game.

Total opposite of those two guys from the senior class is Noel Devine. He's going to be the fastest RB this year but guys his size just scare me at the next level. I like him as a player but I don't think he'll really fit in here.

There's about 10 more guys I want to bring up but I don't have time right now. Everyone else keep sharing their insight, I love hearing what you guys are thinking for next year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Jaquiz Rodgers? Dude would be a great addition in round 2 to our team.

I think we have to monitor the situation slowly. OT, DE, LB and RB can all be huge needs next season. We arent going to be able to retain both Trueblood and Penn, or both. I think Penn, pending on how well he proves himself, we get a long term deal. SO, i think Trueblood might be gone, so OT may be a priority in Round 2.

RB is def. going to be a need. I like Huggins as a possible contributor, but i cant see Ward and Caddy, in our backfield after this season. Caddy might take a hometown discount, but Ward most def. would be gone. RB could be a pick up in round 3.

I think DE would be a priority in the RD 1, but I still would wait and see on if the Bucs make a move at that position this summer. Keep an eye on Mathies Kiwanuka. He is going to be a free agent this year and the giants have a ton of depth and he might be expendable. It looks like we will most likely get a 3rd rd comp. pick for losing A Bryant, so a 3rd round pick could be a good trade for him.

MLB might be another positon, as Barrett Ruud may be out due to the fact we have to lock up Davin Joeseph, Geno Hayes, Tanard Jackson, and Donald Penn. Donta Hightower would be an amazing fit here.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

What about John Clay RB from Wisconsin? Kid is a BEAST!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would crap my pants in Joy if TB drafted either AJ Green or Robert Quinn, two beasts at their respective positions with high ceilings.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

I really like Mark Ingram. I'd take him with our 1st if we have a good season and were in the 15-20 range. I want to see another season of Ryan Williams before I make up my mind up on him, but it's hard to ignore what he did last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these guys as our 1st next year if there's no DE's sitting there.

Jacquizz Rodgers is an interesting prospect. He will have a lot of carries under his belt by the time he reaches the NFL though. He's a great receiver for a back so that's a plus.

Jamie Harper is a guy to keep an eye on as a possible 2nd rounder next year for us. He's a big play threat with all the size (5'11 225) and speed (4.5) to be a feature back. With Spiller gone he'll see his carries go up by 4x. We'll see what he can do with it.

The combine is going to be huge for John Clay. How many 240lb+ backs do we see successful in the NFL? We'll see how his speed translates to the next level.

Two potential surprise underclassman to watch out for - Jermaine Thomas of FSU and Marc Tyler of USC. Both could vault their way up into 2nd/3rd round talk and declare early.

Now back to the seniors to wrap it up. Kendall Hunter had a very impressive sophmore year before having an injury shortened junior season. He's a smaller guy at 5'8 with good speed, and it'll be big for him to show that he can bounce back this season.

There's a couple guys who can rise that have had very limited tread on their tires, but then again with that they have not had as many opportunities to prove themselves yet. Allen Bradford of USC and Brandon Saine of OSU both say the most action of their careers last season but neither even saw over 150 carries. Bradford is bigger but has questionable speed. Saine has more potential and could really break out this year.

As a Canes fan I wouldn't mind us bringing in Graig Cooper in the mid rounds, but I'm not sure if he's going to be the same after that injury. Damien Berry is a good sleeper from the Canes. He might not get that many carries because of our loaded backfield, but I like what I saw from him last year.

A couple other mid-late round sleepers I like myself to keep an eye on, Roy Helu Jr of Nebraska, Da'Rel Scott of Maryland.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

DJC with the great scoop. Thanks, bruh.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was too lazy to read DJC's posts right now (tl;dr) but I will eventually. I'm sure he said a lot of the same things I'm about to say but w/e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I saw some early lists for next year and see them mentioning some Iowa DE, Adrian Clayborn as a top 10 talent. Any scoop or opinions on him?

UNC's Robert Quinn?
Adrian Clayborn: One of the top prospects period for next year. Possibly the #1 Senior prospect. He has great size and strength and he's very athletic for his size. He sheds blocks extremely well and pursues with quickness and motor. His tackling is subpar but he just needs to break down instead of lunging. With that being said, Clayborn is a LDE or 5-tech (think Tyson Jackson but better). We need a RDE that can be a dynamic pass rusher off the edge.

Robert Quinn: This is our guy. He has RIDICULOUSLY long arms, he's pretty explosive and can run the arc. He's decent at anchoring to stop the run even though he's fairly lanky. He's basically a Gaines Adams (RIP) clone which means that he fits our defense perfectly, but that also means that he's not a sure thing. Adams was always a freak athlete but never develop any pass rushing skill. Quinn doesn't show that skill right now either but athletes like him are rare and you have to coach them up.

DaQuan Bowers is an interesting guy. He hasn't proven much yet and he also is built more like a LDE but he's lean enough and quick enough to be our replacement for White. Bowers has Mario Williams/Julius Peppers potential.

I'm gonna evaluate the other guys later. I've seen Romeus before and wasn't overly impressed, but I'm gonna need to look further.

OL are easier to evaluate at the Senior Bowl/combine because they're more exposed. Film doesn't show much other than athletic ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
RB crop next year?

Ingram (I like his production, but think he is overrated and a bit slow)

Ryan Williams

Evan Royster (love this kid, but also think he may be slow)

DeMarco Murray (I think he is more of a homerun hitter than the previous 3)

Branden Saine (Like this kid, too.)

Middle round backs

C.J. Gable

Mike Ford

Kendall Hunter

Armando Allen

Thoughts?
Ryan Williams is my top back. He's a DeAngelo Williams clone. He's very stocky and powerful but he's also explosive and quick. He hits the hole hard, he can shake defenders and he can run through arm tackles and gain extra yards after contact. He's proven he can carry the load as well.

I like Ingram a lot too. He has a low center of gravity, great vision and he's very shifty and quick. Ingram isn't as powerful as Williams but he's proven he can run through arm tackles and he's more quick-twitch than Williams. He has more than enough speed to be an NFL back.

Royster is nothing special. He's not overly big, fast, powerful, explosive, quick. He's just an average college back.

Murray is the shiftiest back in the draftest. He runs a bit tall but he's a good receiver and evades a lot of tackles. Reggie Bush clone.

Brandon Saine hasn't proven much yet. He's really fast and a good receiver, but I'd like to see him produce.

CJ Gable is solid all-around. He's kinda small but he's got + quickness, speed, agility, etc. He might be a better pro than college player once he leaves USC and their crowded backfield.

Noel Devine is legit. He's got great balance, power, agility, quickness and explosion. He fits somewhere between Darren Sproles and Barry Sanders imo.

Daniel Thomas is also legit. He doesn't look that big on film, but apparently he's 6'2 230. He has VERY impressive speed and acceleration for a guy his size. He's not a lumbering runner at all, he explodes through the hole, shows the ability to cut on a dime and finishes his runs well. He could be another Steven Jackson or Fred Taylor.

I like Allen a lot as a potential steal. He's small and compact, very quick, gets upfield when he runs inside and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

John Clay is a load. He reminds me of Jerome Bettis is his early days. If you let him hit the hole with a full head of steam, he'll be hard to bring down.

I wouldn't want Graig Cooper on our team. He's a decent athlete but who knows what he'll be like after the knee injury. Besides that, he doesn't run hard enough and has poor vision. His best attributes are his quickness and agility but he never seems to find daylight and isn't a natural runner in the open field. He runs too high when he gets an inside run and doesn't get extra yards after contact.

Damien Berry is really underrated though. He's basically a lesser version of Ryan Williams. He's very stocky and powerful. He has some shake to him and decent speed, but he's at his best when he powers through tackles and bounces off others. He's also a great special teamer. I'd take him as a replacement for Graham because he's lighter and has more wiggle, therefore he can break more long runs and do a better job on off tackles and sweeps.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 05-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

etk, we would probably need to be picking top 5 to get Quinn. With an easy schedule, Raheem calling the D, and Freeman developing, I hope we pick from 10-20. I'll be studying Greg Romeus heavily this summer and fall.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think we'll be picking 8-14 so hopefully we will still be able to pick up a top flight player.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Joe M Charlie
Rookie

Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie

Id like Robert Quinn who reminds me a lot of Demarcus Ware. If we pick in the top five.
Now if do good this year because we finished last and last place teams do good the following year in the NFC South. Id like any DE, RB (Mark Ingram) , and maybe OT if Donald Penn leaves. Those will be our top three needs next year.
Joe M Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
etk, we would probably need to be picking top 5 to get Quinn. With an easy schedule, Raheem calling the D, and Freeman developing, I hope we pick from 10-20. I'll be studying Greg Romeus heavily this summer and fall.
I'm not so sure that Quinn will be a top 5-8 pick. He's a great athlete, sure, but he's not very bulky and isn't a great fit for most teams. He fits the Tampa 2 perfectly so his value is a lot higher for us than for other squads. We'll see....I guess it depends on how 3-4 teams view him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Just wanted to say how great this board is and how great the info you guys bring to the table.

Been a boring couple of months and I still feel that DE should be our first pick.

Quinn is my top guy.

I am feeling like RB or Safety should be next priority, depending on how Caddy and who ever starts opposite T-Jack do this year.

Are you guys hearing anthing in regards to Sean Jones and if he might start ahead of Sabby?

At RB, I'm not sure who I like more.

At Safety, who do you guys like out of :

Mark Barron, Alabama
Rahim Moore, UCLA
DeAndre McDaniel, Clemsom
Deunta Williams, UNC
Blake Gideon, Texas
Will Hill, Florida

I'm sure you guys have more prospects on your lists, I just saw these names more often. (Will Hill was added because I couldn't help putting a Gator up there. Forgive my homerism. lol)

Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 95% sure we would go LT in the 1st but then we signed Penn longterm.

I think the pick has to be RB or DE... (with MLB or WR being a slight possibility if one of the rookies disappoints and we have a shot at one of the elite 4)

My pick is for a RB.. Ingram or Williams

We are too young on the DL to take another DE. We need at least one vet starting.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I was 95% sure we would go LT in the 1st but then we signed Penn longterm.

I think the pick has to be RB or DE... (with MLB or WR being a slight possibility if one of the rookies disappoints and we have a shot at one of the elite 4)

My pick is for a RB.. Ingram or Williams

We are too young on the DL to take another DE. We need at least one vet starting.
RB doesn't really make sense right now. Cadillac looks good and he's still relatively young. Derrick Ward is only in his 2nd year of a pretty hefty 5 year deal IIRC. Graham is a good versatile backup and special teamer. Clifton Smith is a good returner.

Where's the room for a back? Ingram and Williams are great talents but we'd have to unload Williams or Ward first. I don't see it happening right now.

DE is by far our biggest need. Stylez White is aging and never really was a great pass rusher. We still need a 10+ sacks-a-year edge rusher. We would've drafted one this year but Price/McCoy were better value.

I don't think we need a 1st round WR anymore. We have enough weapons on offense and Freeman is developing into a QB that can make the right reads and spread the ball around. Winslow is our top target right now, but Williams is a down the field playmaker, Benn is an across the middle target and Stroughter is a reliable slot. Anything else is gravy past that (Stovall/Clayton).

We should have a good shot at Robert Quinn, but a lot depends on how the 3-4 teams view him. The greater his versatility, the greater his value and the more likely he goes top 5 (doubt we pick there).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Caddy has two busted knees and is not a dynamic back even if healthy.

Ward is the biggest POS on the team. Did you watch the Miami game? Fat with no burst!

Huggins should be the #2 RB, he looked great.

Ingram in the 1st and a huge mauling OG in the 2nd would be soooo nice.