Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Caddy has two busted knees and is not a dynamic back even if healthy.

Ward is the biggest POS on the team. Did you watch the Miami game? Fat with no burst!

Huggins should be the #2 RB, he looked great.

Ingram in the 1st and a huge mauling OG in the 2nd would be soooo nice.
I prefer Ryan Williams to Ingram. He would be a huge upgrade to our offense but something's gotta give for that to happen. Either Cadillac gets injured or Ward finally gets the boot. Who knows? You just can't invest that much money in one position and carry 4 backs.

Caddy is a decent starting back in this league. He does what we ask of him which is to pound the ball and set up the pass. We're building this offense around Freeman. Ward looks terrible but I wouldn't call him fat. He looks really indecisive as a runner but the blocking wasn't there either. I didn't see Huggins because my friends came over and distracted me but I know he's been putting in work in camp.

I forgot about the need for a G...I definitely agree there. Orlando Franklin might be a good option in the 3rd round. He's pretty much the opposite of Zuttah.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

From what I have read Quinn is the cream of the crop @ DE. I can't remember his name but theres a DE from Clemson that is suppose to be pretty good.
No one has mentioned RB Noel Devine. He's not a everydown back but I would love to see this guy as a Buc. If Huggins works out then nevermind, but we need a homerun threat, probably a 2nd rounder but who knows, really early.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

If we are picking outside of the top 15, with the Ruud situation still ongoing maybe a ILB in the 1st round... I know they are high on Heyward also, but I wouldn't be suprised if we go ILB if we let Ruud walk...
Old 08-18-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
From what I have read Quinn is the cream of the crop @ DE. I can't remember his name but theres a DE from Clemson that is suppose to be pretty good.
No one has mentioned RB Noel Devine. He's not a everydown back but I would love to see this guy as a Buc. If Huggins works out then nevermind, but we need a homerun threat, probably a 2nd rounder but who knows, really early.
DaQuan Bowers is the DE from Clemson, and he is mainly just living off the hype when he came out of highschool as a the #1 recruit in the nation.

Robert Quinn is vastly overrated, and I believe you'll see that in this upcoming year.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowers isn't just a hyped up former #1 recruit (Marvin Austin). He legitimately has the athleticism to back it up now he just needs to prove it on the field.

Disagree about Quinn....what do you expect us to see? He's fast off the edge and disruptive with his long frame and arms.

Do you expect everyone to put up 20 sacks every year of their college career? A lot of former 1st round picks at DE didn't really dominate until their last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

ILB is not a position of enough importance to spend a 1st round pick on, unless it is a guy like Patrick Willis whose talent is just undeniable and is the BPA by a large margin.

Shelton Quarles and Barrett Ruud weren't/aren't the greatest athletes or the most talented MLBs around, but they fit our system well and they are smart. They are where they need to be in our defense. We should spend the resources on positions of high impact, like pass rush/protection. I wouldn't mind seeing a mauler to place next to Joseph. Trueblood is too inconsistent to be my starting RT.

I also wouldn't rule out WR if we're high enough to be picking AJ Green. We have a few good options but Green seems to be that rare type of prospect that trumps depth and need. The same goes for Patrick Peterson. We can't overlook their sheer talent because we already have decent options at the position. That gets us Gaines Adams instead of Adrian Peterson. I doubt many would argue that Gaines was a flat-out better player than Adrian, but injury concerns and positional need trumped pure talent.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the 2011 draft, I think our main needs will be :

DE
MLB
OG
OT
RB
Secondary depth.

Defensive End should be addressed in the 1st round. My prediction is that we will end up in the 5-11 to 7-9 record range, depending how our run defense holds up and how Josh Freeman recovers from his injury and rust at the beginning of the year, which we have a possibility of starting out 2-1 or 3-0 perhaps.

The Defensive Ends im looking at here are:
1. Robert Quinn- Monster and great pass rusher who fits our system. However, I think we may have to have a top 5 pick, maybe top 3 pick to get him. PROJ: top 5 pick

2. Adrian Clayborn- He would be another solid add as he a physical freak and I have a feeling we have a better shot at drafting him than Robert Quinn right now. Clayborn, just like McCoy was to Suh in 2010, is no consolation prize as he may just be as good. PROJ: top 12 pick

3. Greg Romeus- was a bit of a raw prospect but really came on at the end of last season for PItt. Decided to come back to really work on his technique and become that dominate pass rusher and reach his full potential. If we have a mid round pick in the teens, he would be perfect.

MLB: After watching Ruud last season and in the pre-season so far, he has done nothing to prove he is worth Bart Scott money and earn a long term deal. This preseason, I watched he can't shed off blocks and he misses too many tackles. He's not a playmaker and his leadership skills have been questioned by the coaching staff and Derrick Brooks, as he said Ruud isn't a vocal guy in the huddle or locker room. Think we need to upgrade here in either FA or Draft.

2nd round:

Greg Jones Mich State.: Really think this guy is a tremendous fit in our Tampa 2 in the middle. He has a knack for the football is and is a tremendous athlete and is a beast. He was told he had a 3rd round grade in 2010 because he was undersized at 225. He has gotten up to 235-240 range during the offseason and reports say he hasn't lost that speed and intensity. If he has an amazing year, no doubt he will be a mid to late first round pick. PROJ: mid 1st to early 2nd.

Quan Sturdivant MLB North Carolina: Havent gotten to watch much film but he is quick to the ball and is strictly meant to play in the 4-3 and would be a great fit in the tampa 2. PROJ: 2nd round.

OG: LG is a huge hole ever since Aaron Sears left the team with personal issues. Jeremy Zuttah is more of a swing o-lineman for depth and Vincent is only a quick fix this year at LG.

John Moffit Wisconsin: PROJEcted Selection: 3rd round

Mike Pouncey: 2nd - 3rd round ( can make the switch from center to Guard.)

Rodney Hudson: 2nd to early 3rd.

OT: It might be hard to retain Jeremy Trueblood and if their isn't much out their, we may have to find a new RT.

Orlando Franklin: 6'7 318 lbs; would fit perfectly at right tackle. PROJ: late 2nd to mid 3rd.

It seems that we may get a compensation pick for losing Antonio Bryant, as it was tossed around from last season, so if we get another 3rd, I think Oline would be that pick.

RB will probably be addressed in the 4th round. I like Huggins and think he can be a great complimentary back to Caddy, we need to find a replacement for Caddy if he does not resign.

Evan Royster, PSU: His stock will drop when a bunch of high class Under classmen declare for the 2011 draft. He could be a Matt Forte type back and could go anywhere between the late 2nd to mid 4th.

Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State Proj: 4th round

Mini Mock:

1st. Adrain Clayborn DE Iowa
2nd: Quan Sturdavent MLB North Carolina
3rd: Orlando Franklin OT Miami
3rd: John Moffit OG Wisconsin
4th: Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is an awesome mock.

I love Clayborn even at RDE, even though most people will say he is a LDE only.

Agree about Ruud as well, he needs to show up week 1 because he has been craptastic this preseason.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I like Clayborn more than anyone but he doesn't fit our system well as a RDE. I wouldn't pass him up if he slid down and Quinn was unavailable but I don't see that happening.

I'll give Romeus a good hard look against Miami because I'll be there live.

RB seems like a round 1 or 2 need. Caddy looks average and Ward is gone. We need a back that can hit the hole hard, show some wiggle and break tackles. Caddy only does the first one and occasionally the 3rd.

I really like Daniel Thomas though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Ingram please.

The running game is a glaring weakness right now. We need some new o-linemen as well...
Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a DE, RB, MLB, OG and maybe RT. Caddy did not perform well today and I think Huggins is only going to be a spell back. I love Mark Ingrim with his power and speed, but I am not all for taking RB's in the 1st round.

Daniel Thomas, Evan Royster, and Ryan Williams all look like 2-4th round prospects right now and I think we can wait. Plus, why not add Deangello Williams in FA next year?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the top need is going to end up being DE which hopefully we can address in the first round.

After that I wouldn't be opposed to a BPA style strategy including ILB, LG, RT, RB and maybe even another CB or WR.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Does anyone think that Robert Quinn, if he declares for the drat, stock may fall because he hasn't played this season yet and if he does, may not have as good of a year?

Also, I haven't watched much of Iowa this year and have been slacking on my scouting game, but how has Adrian Clayborn looked?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
We need a DE, RB, MLB, OG and maybe RT. Caddy did not perform well today and I think Huggins is only going to be a spell back. I love Mark Ingrim with his power and speed, but I am not all for taking RB's in the 1st round.

Daniel Thomas, Evan Royster, and Ryan Williams all look like 2-4th round prospects right now and I think we can wait. Plus, why not add Deangello Williams in FA next year?
Scratch Royster off the list. He'll be lucky to get drafted. He's small, slow, has done nothing this year and isn't starting anymore.

Ingram or R. Williams would be ideal because they're both powerful with burst and break tackles. Caddy hasn't been terrible considering the blocking but he's been no better than average. A back like Ingram would make a lot more out of those opportunities.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really starting to warm up to Ingram, especially after watching him more than last year. (I know he has only played Duke so far this year. lol)

But like someone else said, I am not a fan of drafting a RB in the 1st round. It seems like you should draft positions that generally have longer "NFL careers" in the first to get the most bang for your buck.

Does anyone have a chart that shows all of the average years that each position lasts in the NFL?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I have really like Ingram too, but Daniel Thomas has really opened my eyes. Ryan Williams, in my opinion, is going to be bust, so I wouldn't waist my time on him. Just something about him says he only plays well against lower competition, not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick in my opinion.

DE is the top need and honestly, I don;t think we will or need to sign Barrett Ruud to a new deal. I think we should let him go and fill MLB through the draft with a guy like Quan Sturdavent or if we're lucky, Greg Jones.

If we finish the season at 6 wins or better, we may not land a quality DE and may have to look at FA for a guy like Kiwanuka, who i really like.

I would say go DE, MLB, then RB or OG
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Free Safety just became our biggest needs.

What an idiot...
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Rahim Moore? Maybe... but damn I still love Tanard Jackson despite him being a ******.

Definitely add Moore to the mix with Ingram as my personal favorites.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last 15 years we are 1/2 with Pac 10 safeties (Lynch and Sabby), no? lol

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

I want to see how Huggins and Blount progress this year before thinking RB in first round. If they don't show any promise then I would consider Ingram in the first round depending on where we are picking..

Last edited by KennyG : 09-26-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
DaQuan Bowers is the DE from Clemson, and he is mainly just living off the hype when he came out of highschool as a the #1 recruit in the nation.

Robert Quinn is vastly overrated, and I believe you'll see that in this upcoming year.

Bowers through the first 3 games has 6 TFL's and 3 Sacks.... Just sayin..
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Heres a mini bucs mock after 4 weeks:

TOP NEEDS:
DE
S
G
MLB
RB

1st: Adrian Clayborn DE IOWA: Watched him against Penn State. He is an absolute beast. Stud against the run and he just owns LT's with his strength and high motor. Sacks haven't come really, but on a D-line of McCoy and Price, our d-line would a terror for opponents for years to come.

2nd: DeAndre McMichael SS Clemson: Found our stud SS. Can play next to Myron Lewis in our Secondary for years.

3rd: Kelvin Sheppard MLB LSU: He isn't gonna blow you away with his combine results, but he is a perfect fit in our system. He is very good against the run and can drop back in zone coverage. I've watched a few games of LSU this year and he's everywhere. He might go higher after his name gets out though.

3rd: (compensation for A. Bryant): Ros I Dowling CB Virginia - I've seen his stock slip a bit and I think we're going to need another CB with us moving Lewis to FS. He could be a nice complimentary to Talib.

4th: John Moffit G Wisconsin

5th: Orlando Franklin T Miami

6th: Delone Carter RB Syracuse

7th: Jerimiah Hunter OLB Iowa
Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Williams is having a down year, mostly because of his o-line. So he's definitely not the type of back we need running behind our o-line . We need a back that can make something outta nothing.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Mark Ingram. He is number 3 on my BB right now for the Bucs.

1. PP
2. Quinn
3.Ingram
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Forgive me, who is PP?