Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB from LSU... Patrick Peterson... GOD!
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
CB from LSU... Patrick Peterson... GOD!
He's an absolute stud. Can you imagine him and talib together? Too bad we need a pass rush in the worst way though.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Wrong Thread

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Harris is a better fit in our defense than Peterson. Harris is a bigger, faster, more physical version of Ronde. He can slide in to cover the nickel on 3rd downs, he's a great blitzer, he supports the run hard, he competes well for the ball, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Brandon Harris is a better fit in our defense than Peterson. Harris is a bigger, faster, more physical version of Ronde. He can slide in to cover the nickel on 3rd downs, he's a great blitzer, he supports the run hard, he competes well for the ball, etc.
I'm a fan of Brandoon Harris also. This guy is always making tackles, and rarely misses. He has to be one of the best run support corners in the nation. Plus he has the speed to keep up with any receiver in the league. I stell wanna give Myron Lewis a chance first.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Peterson is awesome, but the Bucs already have a guy to cover the opponent's #1 WR. In a league with limited assets to acquire premier talent, it doesn't make sense to use a top pick on a second tier position like #2 CB.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
Peterson is awesome, but the Bucs already have a guy to cover the opponent's #1 WR. In a league with limited assets to acquire premier talent, it doesn't make sense to use a top pick on a second tier position like #2 CB.
Agreed, but it looks like alot more teams now have two good receivers. Cowboys, Vikes, Packers, etc... So two solid CBs wouldn't hurt. But i expect to be picking in the 15-19 range, PP will be long gone. Plus i don't see CB as a first round need.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-09-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you guys talking about CBs? Talib, Lewis, Biggers are the future.

DE, MLB, FS, OG are all wayyyyyy more important to us than another CB. People need to stop giving us a CB in the 1st (I have seen Amukamara way too much in peoples mocks).

I am omiting RB because of my Blount boner.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Why are you guys talking about CBs? Talib, Lewis, Biggers are the future.

DE, MLB, FS, OG are all wayyyyyy more important to us than another CB. People need to stop giving us a CB in the 1st (I have seen Amukamara way too much in peoples mocks).

I am omiting RB because of my Blount boner.
I'm still not a fan of Myron Lewis. I disliked the pick. I wanted Chris Cook, but Minnesota chose to over draft him. I don't think we should have our hopes high for Lewis. I mean, Mack is activated over him. Didn't Lewis go to Vandy, how is he not picking up the playbook quickly?

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-09-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CBs take a long, long time to develop, plus Lewis had injuries all offseason. Talib did start the season as the #3 his rookie year but he only played a significant amount late in the season. You expect a high 3rd round pick to start, so we have to assume he'll be a starting CB by next year.

etk, I watched Nate Irving vs VT and was really impressed. Where is he projected to go?

Just for fun, here are the teams I think we will be drafting behind (in no order):
Oakland (New England), Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Arizona, Detroit, Washington/NYG, Carolina.

So that puts us around the 11th pick. Clayborn is likely out of reach. Mark Ingram would be perfect here but what if Blount looks good? How bout Deandre McDaniel?

Oh and here is my top 5 overall so far:
1. CB Patrick Peterson LSU
2. DE/DT Marcell Dareus BAMA
3. DE Adrian Clayborn IOWA
4. DE Robert Quinn UNC
5. WR AJ Green GEORGIA

Im not wild about the 3 QBs like most people are.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Yeah, very good point. I still see RB as a need. That is until Blount, and Huggins prove they can play in the NFL.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
CBs take a long, long time to develop, plus Lewis had injuries all offseason. Talib did start the season as the #3 his rookie year but he only played a significant amount late in the season. You expect a high 3rd round pick to start, so we have to assume he'll be a starting CB by next year.

etk, I watched Nate Irving vs VT and was really impressed. Where is he projected to go?

Just for fun, here are the teams I think we will be drafting behind (in no order):
Oakland (New England), Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Arizona, Detroit, Washington/NYG, Carolina.

So that puts us around the 11th pick. Clayborn is likely out of reach. Mark Ingram would be perfect here but what if Blount looks good? How bout Deandre McDaniel?

4. DE Robert Quinn UNC
5. WR AJ Green GEORGIA

From what I have seen this draft seems to be pretty deep at Safety, or more there will probably be a good one available in the first 4 rounds. The class seems decent enough with DE's also. I think it's Quinn and Clayborn in the first if not BPA with need somewhat in mind. If we are picking around 10 and the two DE's are gone I would much rather go with Greg Jones or Hightower to replace Ruud and grab Beal, Bowers, Romeus, Kerrigan or Acho in the 2nd, whoever falls... Or even take Carimi in the first round and grab your DE in the 2nd and a Safety in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
From what I have seen this draft seems to be pretty deep at Safety, or more there will probably be a good one available in the first 4 rounds. The class seems decent enough with DE's also. I think it's Quinn and Clayborn in the first if not BPA with need somewhat in mind. If we are picking around 10 and the two DE's are gone I would much rather go with Greg Jones or Hightower to replace Ruud and grab Beal, Bowers, Romeus, Kerrigan or Acho in the 2nd, whoever falls... Or even take Carimi in the first round and grab your DE in the 2nd and a Safety in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
Hightower has been looking like an overweight bum this season. I doubt he even declares. I don't know if it's because he still injured, but he just hasn't been playing as advertised this season.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-10-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

4. DE Robert Quinn UNC
5. WR AJ Green GEORGIA

I honestly don't know about Irving. He was underrated as a Soph and the injuries took him completely off the radar. He's a late 1st round talent imo but there's no way he goes that high unless he tears up the combine.

Peterson is obviously a stud. Dareus is a great 3-4 DE as he's extremely strong but he's not the pass rushing RDE we need. Neither is Clayborn. Quinn is ideal but in a perfect world we get Olivier Vernon next year. Of the DEs I've seen this year that are draft eligible, the only ones that I'd even think of taking are Steven Friday, Jabaal Sheard and Justin Houston. Not a good class for pass rushing DEs.

I want a back that's explosive, hits the hole hard and can be used as a receiver out of the backfield. Huggins looks the part but he never gets any burn so I can't really tell. I love Ingram but I'd rather not have to spend a 1st on a RB. I'd rather build the team around Freeman and the defense.

McDaniel is a no-go. He's not a 1st round caliber talent imo and is Piscitelli-like in coverage with boneheaded miscues. Again I don't wanna sound like a homer but I'd love to get Vaughn Telemaque at some point. He's a rSo so who knows when he declares. I also like Deunta Williams, Ahmad Black, Tyler Sash. Again....the guys I like most (Janzen Jackson, Devonte Holloman) aren't eligible yet.

All I know is Ruud needs to be replaced. It's getting painful to watch.

That and we need a new punter. I'd overdraft Chas Henry if that's what it takes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Just to clarify, thats my top 5 overall.. not top 5 for the Bucs.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

^ I was aware. Didn't catch that until I saw the QB comment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Even if we get rid og Caddy, we should keep Earnest Graham. That's his second game in a row with a play of 50+ yards. He's not a blocking FB, but he sure is a playmaker.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should continue what we started last season and go for a double dose of help on the DL. Assuming we draft in the teens, grab DE Allen Bailey of Miami to come in and be our LDE, then in round 2 get the 2nd coming of Dwight Freeney in Nevada DE Dontay Moch to be our RDE.

We have RBs to like on our roster, Blount and Huggins. Carnell will be gone, that much is certain.. but we can find good RBs in rounds 3-7. I'd like to see us add a burner at WR to keep defenses honest and force them to play more than zero coverage like they've done so often this season.

I think our future MLB is Quincy Black who will be replaced by Watson at Sam. Safety has to be a consideration somewhere in the draft though the Bucs have had great success turning college CBs into FSs.... Damien Robinson, Dexter Jackson, Dwight Smith, and Tanard Jackson all played CB in college (all except Jackson played almost exclusively at CB). That being said, perhaps round 3-7 we grab a big CB and move him to FS. All aforementioned players were drafted in round 3 or later.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I dont see Bailey as a 4-3 DE at all. I would put him at 4-3 UT if I was running a team. And I dont think we should give up Kyle Moore at LDE just yet.

We've got a ton of needs on both sides so BPA is really the way to go and who knows where we are going to pick. I think we're going to finish the season better than 5-7 in the last 12 games so that puts us at better than 8-8... looks like we could be picking around the 20th pick so a lot of our favorites will be gone.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Bailey is a 3-4 DE. Assuming we don't win more than 7 games, I say we go after Adrian Clayborn. Dude is a beast and can play 4-3. He can get to the QB and is excellent in the run game. Guy can play both LDE and RDE in our system, which can cause confusing for offenses.

Also, keep an eye on Robert Quinn. He was just ruled ineligible for the rest of the year and might slip in the mid- 1st round.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If we're picking low and no elite DE's are on the board, I'd pick Rahim Moore. Dude is a playmaker and is Ed Reed 2.0 Either him, Gabe Carimi or Brandon Harris.

Honestly, I think we should look in FA. Mathias Kiwanuka is a FA and I don't see the Giants keeping all 4 of their DE's.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
I dont see Bailey as a 4-3 DE at all. I would put him at 4-3 UT if I was running a team. And I dont think we should give up Kyle Moore at LDE just yet.
Yea Bailey is a 3-4 DE, there are a lot of tweener type guys at DE this year.
Beal has been really impressive this year and Bowers has played well as far as the type of DE I think fits our team. Romeus will probably drop to the second round with the injury. I am sure there are some smaller school guys to that will rise up the closer we get to the end of the season.
Kyle Moore shouldn't be starting, right now he's a rotational type guy and hopefully I am wrong but I don't see him ever being starter material.

After the Bengals game it is just more proof we need multiple upgrades to both the DE spot and Oline. Then throw in a Strong Safety and MLB. Hopefully we can add some exp FA's at some of these spots because I think we will be ready for the playoffs next year if we can upgrade a few key positions.

Last edited by KennyG : 10-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Safety has to be a consideration somewhere in the draft though the Bucs have had great success turning college CBs into FSs....
Sounds like we drafted a guy this year that fits that mold, Myron Lewis.
Thats what a lot of people projected him to be in the NFL.
Probably a stretch tho, Grimm bounced back so maybe he pans out and TJax still has a year left on his contract so...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Wait...why the **** are we talking about replacing Kyle Moore already? Moore is active and fits the prototype for our LDE. Stylez White isn't getting any pressure and is our worst run defender. We need a RDE...a really good one in fact. It's probably the most important position on the defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Kyle Moore through the first four games has been pretty crappy.. I don't think he is starting material. Right now Crowder is our best pass rushing DE and has more upside then Moore imo.. Moore hasn't even played a full season though so... Hopefully he proves me wrong..