Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching some of the games yesterday, heres some guys that would be good additioons to our team in the 2011 draft.

1. Adrian Clayborn: The last two games I saw, he is unblockable and has his way with LT's. He's just a monster at the end in the 4-3 and can play both LE and RE in our scheme.

2. John Moffit G Wisconsin: This guy is a huge reason for Wisconsin having a power Run Game. This guy owned Ohio States DT's throughout the game.

3. Mark Ingram
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clayborn isn't a RE in our system...sorry. We need a 10+ sack pass rusher. Clayborn's not that guy. The run stopping will come in time once the young guys get experience and White/Ruud are replaced.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is where your wrong. He plays in the same system at Iowa, the TAmpa 2.

The guy is unblockable and honestly, might be one of the better DE prospects I've seen since Mario Williams and Julius Peppers. I was watching him against Michigan and Penn State so far this year, and not one guy can block him. He just eats up the run and just dominates LT's in the pass.

Last year, it was the same thing. He just has tremendous strength and is well coached. He has a high motor and is disruptive against he run and can be an even better pass rusher.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we need somebody who can run the ball...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blount. Why was he not active today? Surely he has to be used now that Huggins is out for the year and Caddy's avg has fallen below 2 ypc.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huggins is out for the year?! WTF?!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Tore his ACL. It's a shame, we didn't get to see him much but from the preseason you could see he had some promise. Hopefully he has a good recovery and can play again - even if it's in Canada or where ever - doubtful tho.
Even if Blount is Brandon Jacobs 2.0 we probably need to grab a guy in the mid rounds. The dude from Kentucky, Locke looks like a good prospect. Not sure where he is projected but if he is there in the 4th round I see that as a good choice. We obviously need to go DE/MLB in one of the first 3 rounds and then you have Strong Safety and OLINE to consider as well. You could argue that we need 3 Olineman, thats how bad we are right now...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daquan Bowers is really producing so far this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=377881

9 sacks, 33 total tackles and 1 FF.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Clayborn isn't a RE in our system...sorry. We need a 10+ sack pass rusher. Clayborn's not that guy. The run stopping will come in time once the young guys get experience and White/Ruud are replaced.
Don't get too caught up with systems.
Morris is using multiple fronts and multiple looks.

I don't care if a guy has all the upfield speed in the world, I just want someone who is going to consistently win 1on1's in passing situations and set the edge on runs.

I think he could drop 15-20 pounds and regain some explosion and increase endurance. He gained about 10-12 in the offseason and has been getting gassed a lot this season.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys what about Akeem Ayers? With us looking more and more like were not going to sign Ruud long term. He most likely will be there where we are going to pick 12 to 20 range. Bigger LB than we have on our team... Great at dropping back also a good pass rusher on 3rd down. We could put Black at MIB or just draft Ayers to take Ruud's job.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

To early for this I know... But what the hell..
We need to take BPA with need in mind.

Clayborn DE, G. Jones ILB, J. Boren OG, C.Matthews DE, J. Rodgers RB, Tyler Sash SS
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

My mid season mock:

1. DaQuan Bowers - DE, Clemson (top 10 pick)
Kid is killing it this year and finally living up to the hype. 6'3/280 monster RE. Has the size, physical attributes to be what we need to help our pass rush and continue the rebuilding of our D-line. Could be the pass rusher we've needed since Simeon Rice, IMO.

2. Gabe Carimi - OT, Wisconsin (trade up into top 5 of second or bottom 10 of 1st round)
I know most of us are saying that Guard is more important than Tackle, but if we can grab Carimi in the late 1st round to early 2nd, I say we do it. Definite upgrade over Trueblood and would greatly improve the run blocking. 6'8/320 moster of a RT.

3. DeMarco Murray - RB, Oklahoma (3rd rounder)
I know its a huge long shot, but I am hoping for a perfect storm of events ( that his medical history helps him drop and that we can package some picks including the compensatory Antonio Bryant one to move up and grab him) I love this kid. Home run threat. Productive. Big back 6'1/215. Starter for past 3 years.

4. Traded away

5. Traded away.

6. Ahmad Black - S, Florida
Super productive Strong safety. Lacks ideal height and weight. Interception machine. Sure tackler. Leader. 3 year starter.

7. BPA

Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
My mid season mock:

1. DaQuan Bowers - DE, Clemson (top 10 pick)
Kid is killing it this year and finally living up to the hype. 6'3/280 monster RE. Has the size, physical attributes to be what we need to help our pass rush and continue the rebuilding of our D-line. Could be the pass rusher we've needed since Simeon Rice, IMO.

2. Gabe Carimi - OT, Wisconsin (trade up into top 5 of second or bottom 10 of 1st round)
I know most of us are saying that Guard is more important than Tackle, but if we can grab Carimi in the late 1st round to early 2nd, I say we do it. Definite upgrade over Trueblood and would greatly improve the run blocking. 6'8/320 moster of a RT.

3. DeMarco Murray - RB, Oklahoma (3rd rounder)
I know its a huge long shot, but I am hoping for a perfect storm of events ( that his medical history helps him drop and that we can package some picks including the compensatory Antonio Bryant one to move up and grab him) I love this kid. Home run threat. Productive. Big back 6'1/215. Starter for past 3 years.

4. Traded away

5. Traded away.

6. Ahmad Black - S, Florida
Super productive Strong safety. Lacks ideal height and weight. Interception machine. Sure tackler. Leader. 3 year starter.

7. BPA
You think we will be picking top ten?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys,

I've been given the Bucs in the current forum mock and was wondering if you had any suggestions as to directions to go?

They've got pick #16...any positions or specific players you would suggest?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hey guys,

I've been given the Bucs in the current forum mock and was wondering if you had any suggestions as to directions to go?

They've got pick #16...any positions or specific players you would suggest?

We need a DE, S, RB, OG/OT.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
We need a DE, S, RB, OG/OT.
Pretty much what I was thinking....have any specific players in mind?

I know most Bucs fans seem to be really high on Mark Ingram if he is available there. 16 seems early for any other RBs to me though...

I gave them Marcus Cannon around that range in my last mock..any thoughts on him? He could be an effective G or RT in the pros I feel.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Pretty much what I was thinking....have any specific players in mind?

I know most Bucs fans seem to be really high on Mark Ingram if he is available there. 16 seems early for any other RBs to me though...

I gave them Marcus Cannon around that range in my last mock..any thoughts on him? He could be an effective G or RT in the pros I feel.
If Ingram is available he should be the pick. If he's not i like Cannon, Sherrod, Bowers, or even Greg Romeus, but i think 16 is a reach.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
You think we will be picking top ten?
I think Bowers is a Top 10 pick if his production continues, he leaves early and he finishes the year healthy. I think we pick in the 10-16 range, personally. Hope that teams are scared of him not producing until this year, have Quinn and a couple of other DE's rated higher, and Dominick trades up to grab a stud pass rushing DE in the first. He has shown that he will trade up in the past to guarantee getting their target.

I will be very upset if we go RB with our first pick, don't think our line is there to have a rookie back thrive. Think we need to solidify our front five first. Also stud RBs generally have a short window of high production, whereas stud lineman have much longer and productive careers on average (health permitting). The value in the first 2 rounds is in the big uglies.

/shrugs

Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure we have another 5th from trading two 7ths last year.

When'd the 4th get traded?
Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
Pretty sure we have another 5th from trading two 7ths last year.

When'd the 4th get traded?
We also have an additional third from the Bengals for signing AB.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I hypothesized that we traded those picks away to move up twice for our 2nd and 3rd picks, fellas.

Try to keep up. :p

I know it's a huge stretch to land those three as our first 3 picks. What do you guys think? Agree?

If we could land them, would you be satisfied?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BeerBaron gave us Greg Romeus with the 16th pick in the forum mock. Quinn, Clayborn, Bowers (hes fat), Ingram were all off the board. I'm surprised they didnt let Aldon Smith declare. Thoughts on Romeus in the 1st?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
BeerBaron gave us Greg Romeus with the 16th pick in the forum mock. Quinn, Clayborn, Bowers (hes fat), Ingram were all off the board. I'm surprised they didnt let Aldon Smith declare. Thoughts on Romeus in the 1st?
At 16 I hate it to be honest. I wouldn't take someone with his injury concerns that high.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It came down to Romeus or Marcus Cannon. The board fell pretty crappy. Felt high for a G/RT...plus I liked the odds of getting a quality one of those later as opposed to DEs which there has been a hell of a run on. That was my thinking anyway.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I hypothesized that we traded those picks away to move up twice for our 2nd and 3rd picks, fellas.

Try to keep up. :p

I know it's a huge stretch to land those three as our first 3 picks. What do you guys think? Agree?

If we could land them, would you be satisfied?
Waiting till the 6th round to address the worst starting safeties in the NFL isn't satisfying at all.