Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be ok with Romeus if he plays well in November, checks out medically at the combine, and performs well at the combine. His production was solid last season and he is a H/W/S freak. His consistency needs to improve but he has skills as a pass rusher.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
Waiting till the 6th round to address the worst starting safeties in the NFL isn't satisfying at all.
Very good point, sir.

But I would argue that having a strong front four would help make the secondary look better.

And as some have said, maybe we try Myron Lewis at FS.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, looking at our team this is how I would address things:

We have money to bring in a few players.

Let go:
- Ruud (GARBAGE)
- Piscatelli
- Stovall
- Caddilac Williams
- Sean Jones

Resign:
- Barber (1 year)
- Quincy Black
- Tim Crowder (nice back up)
- Davin Joseph

FA:
- Mathies Kiwanuka DE
- Dqwell Jackson MLB
- Ryan Harris T
- Jerrod Page S

Draft:
1st. Mark Ingram RB Alabama : I don't think we will be drafting high enough to get one of the premeire DE's, but We need to get Freeman some help in the run game.

2nd: Deunta Williams S North Carolina: We get to keep T-Jack for one more year, so Deunta can replace him in the future and line up along side him til he plays FS in 2012. He is slipping because of the scandel this year, along with other guys like Austin, Quinn, Darius. He has 1st round talent.

3rd: John Moffit G Wisconsin: He is a huge reason why Wisconsin's running game is so good. I just loved the way he blocks and comes from a good pedigree for physical powerhouse run blockers at Wisconsin.

3rd: (projected compensentory pick): Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh: this guy has a lot of talent, but only problem is he has been hurt all year and a lot of scouts had questions. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

4th: Chemidi Chekwa CB Ohio State

5th: Orlando Franklin T Miami

6th: Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin

7th: Traded to KC

That is what I would do If I'm Mark Dominik. Yes, it is a great decision to build through the draft, but even in our Super Bowl years, we had to sign guys like Simeon Rice to push our defense over the top. I think we have too many holes, at MLB, G, T, FS/SS, and RB to just fill in the draft. Kiwanuka is an established pass rusher and I think the Giants will let him go because their line is stacked with talent. I read once Jackson got injured, it's pretty much a given his days in cleveland are done. He would be a nice pick up and is good against hte run. Jarrad Page could add depth at SS and even start there for us. Upgrade of Sean Jones.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks real good, brah.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are we getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Bryant. Not confirmed 3rd rounder though
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we get anything for Antonio Bryant? Wouldnt he have to do something first?

BLOUNT BABY! Forget about Ingram!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Why would we get anything for Antonio Bryant? Wouldnt he have to do something first?

BLOUNT BABY! Forget about Ingram!
No..compensentary picks are mainly(maybe totally) based on salary.

While the emergence of Blount is promising...I really don't think the guy is a primary back. Probably would be best in a two back system with a scat back to compliment him
Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No..compensentary picks are mainly(maybe totally) based on salary.

While the emergence of Blount is promising...I really don't think the guy is a primary back. Probably would be best in a two back system with a scat back to compliment him
Well said. Blount played very good today. But it is against a young defense in St. Louis. Ingram is a beast and him and Blount can be two bruisers that can wear down defenses and open up the pass for our Franchise QB.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Man...If i could pick on FA for the Bucs to sign this offseason its got to be Mankins. I know Kiwi is really ******* tempting. But signing someone like Mankins would really shore up our Oline.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Antonio Bryant. Not confirmed 3rd rounder though
Heard it was a 3rd, since he signed for over 7mill a year.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Man...If i could pick on FA for the Bucs to sign this offseason its got to be Mankins. I know Kiwi is really ******* tempting. But signing someone like Mankins would really shore up our Oline.
Why would you want a greedy offensive lineman who only cares about himself, as he isn't playing for the Pats right now? Dominik was smart and didn't bring back one arrogant player in Antonio Bryant. Why would he OVER-SPEND for another one? Get a mauler like Moffit in the draft and we're good!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully our FO decides to spend money this offseason. Since we'll be entering year 3 in the rebuild in all.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Why would you want a greedy offensive lineman who only cares about himself, as he isn't playing for the Pats right now? Dominik was smart and didn't bring back one arrogant player in Antonio Bryant. Why would he OVER-SPEND for another one? Get a mauler like Moffit in the draft and we're good!
He plays a game that on any given play your career could end. He's just trying to get paid and the Pats are trying to get one more year with not paying him. He's the best OG in the league I would rather pay him 8 million a year than pay Joseph 6 million a year.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
He plays a game that on any given play your career could end. He's just trying to get paid and the Pats are trying to get one more year with not paying him. He's the best OG in the league I would rather pay him 8 million a year than pay Joseph 6 million a year.
He's not nearly the best guard.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you that he is not the best, but I think he is top 5 in the league.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRex View Post
He's not nearly the best guard.
Than who???
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Than who???
My best bet would be Jahri Evans, but again, I really think you are splitting hairs between him, Mankins and maybe 1 or 2 other guys.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hang on to Williams in a reduced role. He's a good 3rd downer.

True will probably be let go and replaced by Dotson or Lee.
I think Black would make for a good mike, knows the system and the calls.
Oh and since Bryant was cut prior to the season, I doubt we'll get a 3rd since its based on pay and playing time. I'll say a 4th.
FA is going to be something crazy, but that's hard to predict (so is the Draft, but **** it)

1. Quinn/Clayborn/Bowers (whoever's still available)
2. Marcus Cannon
3. Tyler Sash
4. DJ Williams
4. Mason Foster
5. Derrick Locke
6. Derrell Johnson-Koulianos
6. Steven Friday
7. Charles Clay
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Tyler Sash is a JR. He will not declare unless he's a sure fire first round, maybe early 2nd. Remember, you won't see many Juniors declare this year if/when the NFL implements a rookie salary cap, much like the NBA.

I like the 1st round pick. We take the best DE available, as I think all 3 are elite prospects.

2nd round is where I think we need Deunta Williams or Raheem Moore. Need a playermaker in the secondary to help Talib.

3rd round we can get a guy like John Moffit, who is a mauler at G.

I think there is a good chance we get a 3rd for Bryant. They do depend mostly on salary. Look at Dominique Foxworth last year, who signed with the Ravens. He got a nice pay and they were expecting a 3rd rounder in return comp. pick.

Use this pick on a CB. or RB

4th: whatever we don't take from CB or RB.

5th: OT depth

6th: LB

7th: BPA
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was cut before the year and never received that salary, so I think that makes for an exception.

You can't tell me what Sash is gonna do, no one can. I put him in there as a homer pick, but he may choose to get his money now rather than wait. I don't see how the rookie cap would be a deterrent. You can either come out now and make your money or come out next year and make your money since it's going to be slotted either way he's unlikely to make more money if he stays.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
He was cut before the year and never received that salary, so I think that makes for an exception.

You can't tell me what Sash is gonna do, no one can. I put him in there as a homer pick, but he may choose to get his money now rather than wait. I don't see how the rookie cap would be a deterrent. You can either come out now and make your money or come out next year and make your money since it's going to be slotted either way he's unlikely to make more money if he stays.
Sash would fit nicely in at SS, but I would prefer us to take a FS like Deunta Williams. We need a playmaker and Williams is a 1st round talent who is most likely going to drop. We need to replace Tanard Jackson bc he is gone after 2011, and who knows, maybe after this year.

If we want to double up on safeties in rounds 2 and 3, I wouldn't object it, but something tells me that Cody Grimm can play SS if he adds 5 -10 more pounds. He's a great tackler and takes good angles, and is improving in coverage.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

So Larsen, Lee, Zuttah, and [the guy that was placed on IR during TC] make the OL set for the next few years? Yes or no? (This is with Penn, Joseph, etc...)

I would go defense first 3 or 4 rounds and then take a speed RB and speed TE late in the draft.

Our offense is so insanely young and so insanely talented, its insane(?). Franchise QB, 250 lbs of beastmode RB, 1 ROTY WR, 1 beastly rookie WR that finally made a huge play, young 0-line all around. Awesome.

I'd like to give Spurlock some love too. Not only did he come up huge against the Browns and Bengals, but his 3 receptions against the Cardinals all went for 1st downs and really got Freeman going late in the 1st half.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys when the new CBA kicks in... We will have to spend something like 20 million just to be at the floor of the salary cap... We could sign Mankins and Kiwi and still have money left over.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I'm starting to warm up to those potential FA signings of Kiwi, Mankins, and Ryan Harris.

That would free us up to take Best Defensive player Available in the drafts first 3 rounds.

DE
MLB
S

Something tells me that the club will want to continue building through the draft for it's future starters and supplement depth through FA.