Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft Invites

Anywhere I can go to see who the Rams have brought in for private workouts/interviews? I've read a few articles that talk about the running backs the Rams have had visit. I'd say it's pretty obvious we will be upgrading the RB2 spot.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-headquarters

Quote:
Alex Green of Hawaii, Stevan Ridley of LSU, and Daniel Thomas of Kansas State have been invited to make pre-draft visits to Rams Park on Tuesday and Wednesday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Sunday.
http://stlouis.sbnation.com/st-louis...-top-prospects

Quote:
Heading the list of scheduled visitors is Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones, but several other potential Rams selections at No. 14 overall are scheduled to visit Rams Park today and Wednesday. Among them are Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith, Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget, North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn and California defensive end Cameron Jordan.
That's all I can find right now.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
St. Louis Rams

*Baylor guard Danny Watkins (3/16).

*West Virginia wide receiver Jock Sanders (3/?).

*Maryland wide receiver Torrey Smith (3/20).

*Boise State safety Jeron Johnson (?/?).

*Arkansas-Pine Bluff wide receiver Raymond Webber (3/29).

Hawaii running back Alex Green (4/12).

Kansas State running back Daniel Thomas (4/12).

LSU running back Stevan Ridley (4/12).

Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget (4/12).

North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn (4/12).

Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith (4/13).

California defensive end Cameron Jordan (4/13).

Lehigh guard Will Rackley (4/13).

Alabama running back Mark Ingram (4/14)

Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones (4/?).

Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett (4/?).

Illinois running back Mikel Leshoure (4/?).

Washington linebacker Mason Foster (4/?).

Clemson defensive back Marcus Gilchrist (4/?).
From pft's prospect tracker. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kouts-tracker/
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well here is my board personally from the Rams of who I personally think we have a legit shot at 14.

1. Julio Jones
This seems to be a longer and longer shot as each mock has him going earlier and earlier. But if he gets to us at 14, I think its a no brainer. I know we got some guys who were injured and can come back and all. But this kid is the real deal. This kid will be a LEGIT #1 WR in the league no doubt.

2. Nick Fairley
Seems to be another long shot, but I have seen a lot of mocks with him finding his way down to 14. We need to work on stopping the run, and this dude is a beast at defensive tackle. Like Jones, I'd be shocked if he gets to us at 14, but I have seen mocks get him down to 14.

3. Aldon Smith
The local kid man since he went to Mizzou, it would be nice, and this is personally who I think we will end up getting at #14. Or at least the guy who I hope we get at 14 if the first 2 don't get their way to 14. This guy will get on the line and help us shore up our defense in both the running game and the pass rush.

4. Corey Liuget
If Jones doesn't get to us our mindset should be defensive line, defensive line, defensive line. There were two reasons we lost in Seattle in week 17 last year. 1st: our wide receivers couldn't catch a cold if they were out there in their birthday suits. 2nd: Marshawn Lynch ran all over our behinds or got a lot of good, solid runs in my mind. Cuz quite frankly we only lost 10-6, so defensively, we played well, but have to sure up the D-Line to stop the run. Liuget would do this.

5. Cameron Jordan
Versatile player. Just cuz I have him at 5 doesn't mean I'd be pissed off if we got him. Any 5of these guys would be welcome additions to the Rams IMO. This dude would also help us with our pass rush and stopping the run and would be a great addition for the Rams.

Some other notables I did not mention
A.J. Green and Robert Quinn
I don't thnk they are making it to 14 in our dreams.

De'Quan Bowers
He was once a top 10 talent, but I think he is a big gamble. I'd rather not have another Boom or Bust D-Lineman, and I think the guys on my list are less of a gamble.

Mark Ingram
I'd actually hate this pick. I hope they aren't even thinking about this man. It would be bad. The 14th pick on a back up running back. Plus they need a guy that can fly to compliment Jackson: A Todman, a LeShore, a Locke in later rounds. Ingram would just add more thunder to Jackson's already thunder. And we just have other needs to fill.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Julio Jones - Isn't this guy everyones #1 player for the Rams at this point?

2. Robert Quinn DE - Probably won't be on the board but stranger things have happened.

3. Aldon Smith DE - My favorite player in the draft.

4. Mark Ingram RB - I know a lot of people would hate the selection but I don't think it would be bad at all. Having a starting quality backup running back could extend Jackson's career.

5. Corey Luiget DT - Dude is growing on me by the day. I know he's a good player I just didn't like the thought of the Rams taking another Defensive Tackle in the first round, and with it not being our top need either.

- Really I would love any of the five picks. Getting Julio, Quinn, Aldon or Luiget in the first round and then Mikel Leshoure, Danny Watkins, Martez Wilson, Titus Young or Kyle Rudolph in the Second Round.....I would piss my pants.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
1. Julio Jones - Isn't this guy everyones #1 player for the Rams at this point?

2. Robert Quinn DE - Probably won't be on the board but stranger things have happened.

3. Aldon Smith DE - My favorite player in the draft.

4. Mark Ingram RB - I know a lot of people would hate the selection but I don't think it would be bad at all. Having a starting quality backup running back could extend Jackson's career.

5. Corey Luiget DT - Dude is growing on me by the day. I know he's a good player I just didn't like the thought of the Rams taking another Defensive Tackle in the first round, and with it not being our top need either.

- Really I would love any of the five picks. Getting Julio, Quinn, Aldon or Luiget in the first round and then Mikel Leshoure, Danny Watkins, Martez Wilson, Titus Young or Kyle Rudolph in the Second Round.....I would piss my pants.
I agree with this post for the most part, but I really don't want to see us take Ingram. Who cares if it extends Jackson's career? If we have Ingram we don't need Jackson. Plus, I really like the backs that could be available in the third round...Williams, Hunter, Thomas...they all have enough potential to be a featured back in this league.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Luiget as well. The first time I saw him mocked to us I almost threw up. Sounds like he has a lot of untapped potential!
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Also Forgot to mention and it is a slim chance but if somehow Prince slips to the Rams.....oh boy.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2...ris&id=6382356

Quote:
Jimmy Wilson, a University of Montana defensive back who spent 25 months in a Los Angeles jail before he was acquitted of 2007 murder charges, is drawing attention from NFL teams that believe he may be a worthy late-round draft pick or a priority undrafted free agent.

Wilson has visits scheduled with the St. Louis Rams on Monday and the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday. He has had recent visits with the Indianapolis Colts and Seattle Seahawks.

"I don't think teams doubt that I have the physical ability to play in the NFL and they like my style of play," Wilson said Sunday. "They want to know whether I have my personal life on a positive track. They can't get a feel by just reading about my story in the newspapers. I think teams have been pleasantly surprised once they meet me and get to know me."
Maybe the Rams are at the point now where the 4-pillars don't matter as much. I know two years ago they wouldn't of even bothered. Sounds like the kid was just trying to protect his Aunt.

Not sure why it has the Panthers on the clock segment.