Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington finally gets some flag on Dennard, albeit an iffy one. He's been asking for it all night though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I've seen a lot of Syracuse this year. I live in Big East country and I try to catch as many games as I can. Probably haven't seen every snap like you have, but I've seen my fair share the past two years. Again, not saying he's some sort of super stud, but I honestly feel like he has enough to work with to keep watching. He does have accuracy issues and some mechanical problems, particularly when he's in a hurry, but he's a first year starter, you can forgive some of that.
Yeah well he hardly played last year due to Greg Paulus moonlighting the city but this year like you said, he's had his issues to put it nicely but he has some tools to work with if he can improve with some time. At this point though he isn't close. He needs to improve in every facet. But I do like him as a homer and I wanna see him get better. He is no guarantee to even be the starter next year with Charley Loeb battling him. He should beat him out but Loeb is more talented, but inexperienced.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Washington finally gets some flag on Dennard, albeit an iffy one. He's been asking for it all night though.
That isn't the worst thing in the world by Dennard. Now he has to adjust and not get any more penalties. I don't mind my corner seeing how much he can get away with but don't push it too far.

Last edited by Scotty D : 12-30-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
That isn't the worse thing in the world by Dennard. Now he has to adjust and not get any more penalties. I don't mind my corner seeing how much he can get away with but don't push it too far.
Yup. It's impressive as hell for him, but these Washington receivers are getting smacked.

Announcers are right. Not sure why Washington isn't working the inside. Oh wait....that's why.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
sick pro-style offense UW is running right now
Where would you like him to throw the ball. To which DB?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll have to wait until the Senior Bowl practices for Locker to have someone worth a damn to throw
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker had the same # of completions that I had in that first half.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
We'll have to wait until the Senior Bowl practices for Locker to have someone worth a damn to throw
Worst part is all of this is screwing him up. Mechanics are getting sloppy and slow. Looks awkward out there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-30-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amukamara not very good against the play action in the games i have seen. Locker is really lacking the "it" factor. Create something in the pass game to be a legit 1st round pick.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Amukamara not very good against the play action in the games i have seen. Locker is really lacking the "it" factor. Create something in the pass game to be a legit 1st round pick.
You've gotta be ******* kidding me. His receivers are an absolute abortion. They can't get off the line and the two times they do are both drops.

He should just toss it to himself when he runs the draw for some passing stats
Old 12-30-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Yeah now the jamoches watching UConn women can check the statlines and get on and bash Jake Locker. Watch the damn game or shut up.
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone convince me why I shouldn't take NEB -7.5 for the 2nd half?

In other words, Nebraska to beat them by more than 4.
ElectricEye
Icon

First half notes on all but two of Locker pass attempts(which weren't shown because of the great sport of women's basketball);

Kearse man handled by Dennard
Kearse out muscled for ball by safety. Should have been a completion
Aguilar pushed out of bounds for going wide on Dennard
Interference on Dennard
Throw Behind Kearse, not a good throw. Poor adjustment by Kearse as well.
Drop by Goodwin.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You still have to account for the poor route running by the UW WR too though.He can still throw the ball really well IMO . The husky WR just suck .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really don't know why the gameplan by Washington is to run posts at Dennard. Sort of ******** when he's handing your wide receivers their asses on a silver platter every play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
First half notes on all but two of Locker pass attempts(which weren't shown because of the great sport of women's basketball);

Interference on Dennard
Drop by Goodwin.
I'd rep you, but I'm not allowed :/

The throw behind Kearse was the only place he could put the ball and it hit Kearse in the hands and Kearse does what he's done all season... drops the ball.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Interference on Dennard
Drop by Goodwin.
But he threw the same route (in which the receiver was not beating Dennard at all) about three times. Something can be said for just gaining positive yards - moving the ball a little, just getting a short completion to get in rhythm as an offense and actually make the linebackers think. He just threw the 9 to the sideline 6 times...

And maybe half of them were accurate.

Yes the final drop was terrible though.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Nebraska's defense. Their corners just making those Washington scrubs their bitches.

Washington needs to start getting their backs and tight ends involved, get something going in the passing game because the downfield throws aren't there, didn't they learn from last time?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'd rep you, but I'm not allowed :/

The throw behind Kearse was the only place he could put the ball and it hit Kearse in the hands and Kearse does what he's done all season... drops the ball.
Yeah, it was a poor adjustment on his part. He's supposed to be the type of guy who can pull that down with his size and athletic ability. NCAA equivalent to Braylon Edwards.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A part of you has to wonder...the NFL isn't going to be any easier...the secondaries are going to be this good, and the pass rush is going to come..
I'm not saying it is his fault, but when does the accountability fall on the QB, and not on the line, the receivers, the corners are too good, or the great pass rush.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
JPP90
Veteran

The fact that he's still out there playing, concussion or not, is more than you can say for any other QB. He all know he's out there with nothing short of a concussion and nobody ele would be immediately grabbing at their helmet to go back in. All these guys crying "it" and "intangibles"...that's it in a nutshell right there. That's a leader and a fighter...a guy that professionals can respect and follow. It counts for something.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've gotta be ******* kidding me. His receivers are an absolute abortion. They can't get off the line and the two times they do are both drops.

He should just toss it to himself when he runs the draw for some passing stats
Of course it is everyone else fault. Unless he turns it around he hasn't gotten it done against the best defense he faced all year twice now. If i am a team that plans on taking him high in the draft i need to see something that makes me go wow. In the NFL he will have to find ways to complete it in those tight windows. Complete at least one effin pass

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Can Golden Tate and Mike Williams suit up for a half to make this at least interesting. Give Dennard and Amukamara a test and let Jake Locker throw the ball to someone worth a damn.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can Golden Tate and Mike Williams suit up for a half to make this at least interesting. Give Dennard and Amukamara a test and let Jake Locker throw the ball to someone worth a damn.
They're busy practicing their asses for the most ... haha... important... haha... game... haha... of week... hahahahaha... 17... haha.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:
Of course it is everyone else fault. Unless he turns it around he hasn't gotten it done against the best defense he faced all year twice now. If i am a team that plans on taking him high in the draft i need to see something that makes me go wow. In the NFL he will have to find ways to complete it in those tight windows. Complete at least one effin pass
Hey...what window? You see a window? I don't. I haven't since the game started.