Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys.

You cannot simply run the same play over and over again in football. It will not work.

Effective play-calling is all about variety and catching the defense off guard.

Running the ball every time, which is what all of you want, would not work and would allow the TCU defense to commit.

If you want to argue that they are passing too much, or a specific play call that's one thing. But you can't just abandon half of your offensive game.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That was far more deserving of one than the call TCU got earlier.
Exactly.

Seriously. Who calls the plays for Wisconsin? He needs to be sacked.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Put the QB on the ground enough and they'll stop running it.

I wonder what Texas thinks about watching this game because i would guess they passed on most of these guys when they were coming out of highschool. Technically i guess they passed on all of them.
No doubt....

TCU was by far the best team in the state of texas this year.....pretty embarrassing for the other schools lol.

thats not taking anything away from TCU, but with the recruits these other schools get....its pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Guys.

You cannot simply run the same play over and over again in football. It will not work.

Running the ball every time, which is what all of you want, would not work and would allow the TCU defense to commit.

If you want to argue that they are passing too much, or a specific play call that's one thing. But you can't just abandon half of your offensive game.
This is where 90% of coaches fall down. TCU has shown NO ability to stop the power running game. Why would you EVER go away from it?
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys.

No really????

They have abandoned the run. THAT is the issue. But when you are averaging like 7 yards a run on 1st down up the gut, why stop? You're strength is running. Play to your strengths.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If TCU gets points here it's over.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys.

Obviously you cant run the same ******* play.....none of us are saying they should. But they are getting WAY to pass happy, and that is when their offense starts to piss down their leg.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like to know why the **** Wisconsin has abandoned the running game. I'm pulling for TCU but this is horse **** that Wisky is that dumb to give up on what has worked for them all year

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'd really like to know why the **** Wisconsin has abandoned the running game. I'm pulling for TCU but this is horse **** that Wisky is that dumb to give up on what has worked for them all year
Yeah. Really thought this would be a better game than it has been.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Badgers with one, maybe 2 more possessions left, if they have any hole cards to play now's the time.

They allow TCU 3 1st dns. or any kind of a score & they win their 1st Rose Bowl.

I agree, poor playcalling & trying to get cute has doomed Wisconsin. Big 10 sucking balls today in bowl games.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it was the last first down in this game??
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Wisconsin doesnt get nearly enough pressure on 3rd down.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

I lost interest in this game a while ago. Thankfully I didn't put too much money on the Badgers.

I've been disgusted by their offensive play calling today.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Wisconsin doesnt get nearly enough pressure on 3rd down.
Because they are playing this stupid ass soft zone and they are just allowing TCU to get it out fast enough without pressure.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-01-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Because they are playing this stupid ass soft zone and they are just allowing TCU to get it out fast enough without pressure.
Yeah, when i get into coaching I will bring some type of pressure on 3rd down everytime.....i hate watching defenses that just drop back into coverage and give the QB all day to throw.....****, my little brother can complete a pass if you give him 10 seconds to find a reciever.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah, when i get into coaching I will bring some type of pressure on 3rd down everytime.....i hate watching defenses that just drop back into coverage and give the QB all day to throw.....****, my little brother can complete a pass if you give him 10 seconds to find a reciever.
Its not even the time. Its the coverage. 20 yards cushion on a 3rd and 8. The QB gets it from the C and throws. No time to create pressure.
If they ran a bump and cover, it would be a lot different.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
TCU's performance is pushing the envelope in this game to that O-word level.... Outcoached.
I thought you were going to say overrated as in the big-10. Good thing conferance payouts arent based on wins.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

What do you know? You run it up the middle and the big guys win.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Bengals78
All-Pro

13 yards on a dive. Time to throw it 3 times.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
13 yards on a dive. Time to throw it 3 times.
this, this, and this....lol

holy **** look at that!

Quote:
Bengals78
All-Pro

Well look at that....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-01-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

TCU stacked the deck those two plays too....

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
And this is why they should fire the OC at Wisconsin

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Miaoww
Veteran

Oh would you look at that. A run up the middle slashing the TCU D. Who'd have thunk it?
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Its amazing what happens when you let the big hog maulys do their thing.

Quote: