Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lamar Woodley

Lamar Woodley had a great workout at his pro day. Ran the 40 in the low 4.7 range and a lot of scouts are talking about him playing OLB in the 3-4. He could possibly be a target for us in rounds 2 or 3. I personally feel he'll go in 2, but I believe he's worth a look.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id love it if we took him, but personally id rather address DE in the 2nd...i feel like we are great at LB, but need a DE who brings a pass rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw that. He ran a good time and had like a 38" verticle. He probably went up in most folks eyes.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see it in the 2nd.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Woodley was a great player at Mich but it is true he gets over whelmed by big LT like Jake Long, Joe Thomas, etc.

Also, he never played well in space as a OLB. Some folks believe, and I agree, he would make a great 3-4 ILB in a creative scheme.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont like him personally
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I still dont like him personally
You don't like LM personally? Or personally, you don't like LM as a football player?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a football player, I have nothing against the guy off the field
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love his ability to get after the QB...but his height is a big concern for me. OLB need to have the height so when they ingage with someone on the outside...they can see when they need to shed...Lamarr will have trouble with this in the NFL...which is why he would only be a situational passrusher in our scheme.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fairly pleased with him in the second round. I think of him as a poor man's Merriman.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Woodley is very strong. I think he would actually make a good MLB at his height and speed. Plus, you can move him around over the C/G and get him blitzing on passing downs. He actually has enough power to push a few of them around.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Woodley is very strong. I think he would actually make a good MLB at his height and speed. Plus, you can move him around over the C/G and get him blitzing on passing downs. He actually has enough power to push a few of them around.
I never thought of him as an ILB. I dunno how I feel about that thought. He's a trained pressure player. Dunno how I feel about his range, fluidity and coverage skills. I would prefer to keep him at OLB.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I never thought of him as an ILB. I dunno how I feel about that thought. He's a trained pressure player. Dunno how I feel about his range, fluidity and coverage skills. I would prefer to keep him at OLB.
The issue is he really struggled at the U in space and at OLB. His coverage skills where considered poor because he was not as fluid as you would like. Granted that was as a 4-3 LB.

Maybe 3-4 OLB doing mostly blitzing is the right thing. Dunno enuff to say.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jjmcquade

I rather gamble with these two picks on the bottom

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcquade View Post
I rather gamble with these two picks on the bottom

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.
I think we heard you the first 3 times. Moss is a good pick...Not quite sure if he will be around at 22...but could slide.

Rouse as an OLB in a 3-4 is laughable. He is a safety...no way could he stand up against the point of attack against TE/OT over the course of a game. You do know we run a 3-4 right? Just try to remember this isn't madden...you can't find the fastest player and put him on the outside to beat the OT to sack the QB every play.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
The issue is he really struggled at the U in space and at OLB. His coverage skills where considered poor because he was not as fluid as you would like. Granted that was as a 4-3 LB.

Maybe 3-4 OLB doing mostly blitzing is the right thing. Dunno enuff to say.
Not really my forum, I just happened to notice this. Woodley never played OLB in a 4-3 while at Michigan. As a freshman he played DE in a 3-4, as a soph he played OLB in a 3-4, as a junior he played the rush backer role in the awful 3-4/4-3 Michigan seemed to want to play that year, and as a senior he played DE in a 4-3. He might have dropped back to OLB if Michigan shifted to a 4-3 set occasionally in his first 3 years, but he was never a set 4-3 outside linebacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-27-2007 at 10:29 AM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Not really my forum, I just happened to notice this. Woodley never played OLB in a 4-3 while at Michigan. As a freshman he played DE in a 3-4, as a soph he played OLB in a 3-4, as a junior he played the rush backer role in the awful 3-4/4-3 Michigan seemed to want to play that year, and as a senior he played DE in a 4-3. He might have dropped back to OLB if Michigan shifted to a 4-3 set occasionally in his first 3 years, but he was never a set 4-3 outside linebacker.
the Dallas Cowboys Forum is open to all. Especially Michigan fans.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hail to the Victors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok, one day you'll root for a real team like LSU.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It's weird... somedays I think Woodley is a good fit for us... But sometimes, like today, I don't like his game. It's not complete. I think thule is close to correct in that he would be a pass rusher... but not purely, as he can stop the run too. It's his role in coverage that scares me. But on the other hand, that's all Wade did with Merriman. Send him attackin'.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
jjmcquade

here is video on "the wood" LaMarr Woodley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXywtq6Wcw
Old 04-04-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like him as a player but we dont need linebackers and hes to small to play a 3-4 DE if the cowboys pick him in the first round i will shot myself because we will have drafted a linebacker in the first round 3 years in a row. and im sure everyone watch the playoff game Capernter played outside he played great almost had a pick and make a bunch of game saving Tackles but i guess eveyone forgot about that.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Bobby Carpenter, Bradie James, Akin Ayodele and Al Singleton. I think that we are set at LB for a long time. Why waste a first day draft pick on a position that's not needed?

A 3-4 DE would be great as well as a future NT or a FS. We signed Hamlin but he's a one year "prove yourself" deal. If Landry, Nelson, Griffin or Merriwether is on the board, I think that safety will be the pick.

WR is a possibility but I would rather wait until the second round for one.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Bobby Carpenter, Bradie James, Akin Ayodele and Al Singleton. I think that we are set at LB for a long time. Why waste a first day draft pick on a position that's not needed?

A 3-4 DE would be great as well as a future NT or a FS. We signed Hamlin but he's a one year "prove yourself" deal. If Landry, Nelson, Griffin or Merriwether is on the board, I think that safety will be the pick.

WR is a possibility but I would rather wait until the second round for one.
And two of those players are in their 30's. I've said it a million times, every good 3-4 defense has to be very deep at LB. We're not quite as deep as we need to be.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2nd round would be perfect spot for the cowboys. They could move Carpenter inside at his natural position.
HorusKing is offline   Reply With Quote