Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which one would you take?
Vince Young 15 34.09%
Carson Palmer 16 36.36%
Donovan McNabb 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default re-tread QB in 2011-15: Palmer, McNabb, or Young

Let's say you got a decent team next year going forward for the next few years, but you're missing a QB. Perhaps a team like the Vikings with some good offensive pieces.

Which of these QBs do you want to pin your hopes on?
For real. And justify why your guy is your guy.

-Carson Palmer
-Donovan McNabb
-Vince Young

What's funny is a year ago, Vick could have been in a poll like this, and he might not have won it.

Sorry if there's already a poll of these 3 QBs, I can't find it.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are you that bored? NONE OF THE ABOVE!
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay, another J-Mike thread!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yay, another J-Mike thread!
Another one you don't find interesting yet you take the time to click in, and reply and post. Thanks for playing.

There are 3 threads started by me on page one, with a total of 15,000 views. That's not my problem.

Never seen someone act like they're being charged for new threads. You don't like it, move on. Complicated?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Palmer with a change of scenery will be a pro bowler again. If he's healthy.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Vince Young. He just needs a new start somewhere else. McNabb is getting old and I don't like how Carson Palmer rehabbed his elbow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to say Young.He has the biggest chance of making his career to make the play offs with a good team possibly like 49ers can make a good run .Very tall , accurate and great mobility . He could make it there I think and his arm strength as well .
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking Young. He's younger, took better care of the ball this past season, and was better in the redzone than the others. He's also the only guy who has his best football ahead of him, in my opinion. The HC that puts his full support behind him will be rewarded.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Palmer with a change of scenery will be a pro bowler again. If he's healthy.
You say that like Palmer's arm isn't completely shot and there's a chance for him to ever be healthy again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ewww... Where's the none of the above option?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the Palmer bashing (and I'm as guilty as everyone...I've blasted the guy all year), the Bengals did him absolutely no favors. Last year they went to the playoffs by running the ball and playing solid defense. This year, they went from winning ugly to losing pretty. They abandoned the run too early and too often and Palmer got exposed (albeit, their defense didn't help the cause). This last week, TO went down and they fed Cedric Benson. Surprise! They won!

I think he can still be a guy that can caretake an extremely talented team to the playoffs if you keep the ball out of his hand as much as humanly possible. That said, you're never going to win anything of value to him.

Also, Pudge was saying the Bengals will never cut him because Mike Brown is too cheap, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Palmer's due somewhere between $9-11 million next year. What cheap owner would pay an extremely mediocre quarterback around $10 million?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put Palmer in Tennessee and they will win the division.

Put VY anywhere, I'll buy tickets just to go boo him and watch him throw a hissy fit on the field.

McNabb just sucks post Super Bowl his a bigger baby than VY. He's not even the most disrespected QB on his own team and he cries like he does.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Also, Pudge was saying the Bengals will never cut him because Mike Brown is too cheap, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Palmer's due somewhere between $9-11 million next year. What cheap owner would pay an extremely mediocre quarterback around $10 million?
Except when you cut a guy under contract you're going to take a cap hit relative to his salary & contract.

Pay $9-11 mil for a starting QB or take a big $7-8 mil cap hit just to get rid of the guy? As I said, Mike Brown is too cheap to take a cap hit for players he can use. Plus, if he keeps Palmer it keeps him from having to pay a rookie QB huge guaranteed money before the league puts a rookie salary scale in place. He's cheap, Palmer's been his guy, it makes sense.

You're much more likely to see the Bengals keep Palmer and make Chad & T.O. former Bengals. Then with that said, the team will probably either target one of the top receivers or a defensive player.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Except when you cut a guy under contract you're going to take a cap hit relative to his salary & contract.

Pay $9-11 mil for a starting QB or take a big $7-8 mil cap hit just to get rid of the guy? .
Bengals save the whole contract, no cap hit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Very interesting how contrasting some strong opinions are on Palmer and Young.
I suspect a year ago, it would have been the same with Vick.

And when the Giants disposed of Warner and the Cardinals grabbed him... who knew he still had greatness in him yet?

I thought Young was the highest rated passer after about 6 games this year, plus of course he can run.

Palmer... he beat my Packers last year so I can't really rip him too much, but something's wrong in Cinci I do know that. I think it starts at the top though, Mike Brown and Marvin's Garden?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Bengals save the whole contract, no cap hit.
I gotcha. I can't say I'm anything close to an expert on contracts. I always kind of figured cutting Carson would come with a cost. I'm not sure it really changes my opinion on his future with the team though.

With a good OL and competent, dedicated receivers... not to mention a decent coach & offensive coordinator... Carson could still be a decent starting Quarterback I think. It's really a shame, I don't think any Bengals fan can honestly say we know what we've got in him because our coaching, WR play, and pass-blocking has been so poor/inconsistent. He's been far from sharp, but if the team helped him out a bit he could still play game-manager like he did last season.

I think Palmer has shown more this season than Kurt Warner had upon his exit from New York. I don't think his arm is nearly as shot as some here believe it to be. He still has a pretty strong arm, but it's obviously not what it was coming out of college or in 2005, the prime of his career.

Out of the three listed, I'd still take Carson.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the cap hit is the remaining portion of any prorated bonuses a player has already earned. At least that's what it was the last time I checked.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Palmer goes, you basically have to draft a QB with a top 5 pick and pay him to sell any tickets in Cincinnati.

Cincinnati doesn't always have the most loyal fans. If you don't put a team out there, we won't show up (by we, I don't mean me specifically, but just the city). Not that it isn't justified, I mean Mike Brown was the fastest owner to 200 loses which we had to endure over the last 20 years.

So either pay Palmer his ~10 million, or draft a rookie and pay them 10~ million. I guess if you do that, then you're not paying for Palmer PLUS another rookie, but I still doubt Mike Brown will cut Palmer.

Honestly though, if Palmer goes somewhere else, I hope he turns it on again. I want nothing less than a great end to his career, and I'd love for him to prove himself under a better managed team than the Bengals.

Also, slightly off topic, but if we do cut Palmer I wanna draft Cam Newton. I don't care if he's the best value or too risky of a pick, because at least he'll be interesting for the next 2 years. So sick of watching a terrible offense fail with no hope for the future. Guys like Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell haven't done anything yet. We haven't seen Bernard Scott show the ability to dethrone Cedric Benson either. Andre Smith is up and down, mostly down and will probably never live up to his draft pick. Jermaine Gresham is the only hope for the future, and what good is a TE with nothing around him.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince by default

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

They could just cut Palmer and then run the football with Benson. 30+ touches a game. Play some smash-mouth defense and win the Super Bowl a la the 2000 Ravens.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
They could just cut Palmer and then run the football with Benson. 30+ touches a game. Play some smash-mouth defense and win the Super Bowl a la the 2000 Ravens.
But their defense is far, far, from the 2000 Ravens.

I'm surprised at the numbers here of Young vs McNabb.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post

Pay $9-11 mil for a starting QB or take a big $7-8 mil cap hit just to get rid of the guy? As I said, Mike Brown is too cheap to take a cap hit for players he can use. Plus, if he keeps Palmer it keeps him from having to pay a rookie QB huge guaranteed money before the league puts a rookie salary scale in place. He's cheap, Palmer's been his guy, it makes sense.

You're much more likely to see the Bengals keep Palmer and make Chad & T.O. former Bengals. Then with that said, the team will probably either target one of the top receivers or a defensive player.
Quote:
The last, and not so far fetched scenario, would be a straight release. Of the money remaining on the contract, it is not guaranteed. The last of the $9 million option bonus was paid this year and the last of the $15 million roster bonus was paid last year. He is due a $1 million roster bonus each season from 2012-14, but that is not guaranteed.

Palmer's base salary is $11.5 million next season and 2012, $13 million in '13 and $14 million in '14.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/A...Carson-Palmer-

Dude's getting released unless he takes a big pay cut.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think he can still be a guy that can caretake an extremely talented team to the playoffs if you keep the ball out of his hand as much as humanly possible. That said, you're never going to win anything of value to him.
my luck, the niners will not fire Singletary, not draft a guy like Mallett or Locker, and instead bring in Carson Palmer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trent dilfer and kurt warner both made big impacts on very successful teams after they were "done." Seems like too many people are picking vy cause he's young... madden generation.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Also, slightly off topic, but if we do cut Palmer I wanna draft Cam Newton. I don't care if he's the best value or too risky of a pick, because at least he'll be interesting for the next 2 years. So sick of watching a terrible offense fail with no hope for the future. Guys like Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell haven't done anything yet. We haven't seen Bernard Scott show the ability to dethrone Cedric Benson either. Andre Smith is up and down, mostly down and will probably never live up to his draft pick. Jermaine Gresham is the only hope for the future, and what good is a TE with nothing around him.
I'll agree with this. It'd be a real shame if we lost Carson this season and had to throw Newton in as the starting QB next season, I really thing it'd be setting Cam (and the Bengals) up for failure. I'm a Newton fan but I think the situation in Cincy is less than ideal for starting his career.

I can't imagine Andre Smith won't at the very least be more useful than he has been, the key there will be a healthy & dedicated training camp/offseason. He just really needs time to get up to speed. Gresham could be a great one and I have high hopes for Jordan Shipley after he found so much success this season. I like the possibility of a receiver like Michael Floyd or Maryland's Torrey Smith at the top of the second, or perhaps they'd be best adding the best available lineman.

Like you, I'm sick of watching this boring, predictable offense which has little to no chemistry even on its good days. Personnel needs to be changed upstairs and on the field.

At least Carlos Dunlap doesn't look to be a bust with 7 sacks in 10 games. He's been the most pleasant surprise of this entire season.