Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which one would you take?
Vince Young 15 34.09%
Carson Palmer 16 36.36%
Donovan McNabb 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take McNabb or Palmer over Young.

Young is just too mentally weak for football, he just seems mentally fragile and the drama that surrounds him cannot be for the Quarterback... the field general of the football team. I believe drama and distractions can be dealt with when players of other positions create it, but not the QB he needs to be the example of the team. Maybe not even the fiery or passionate leader, but at the very least a good example of a professional football player. This is something Vince Young is not and with 4 years of experience already he may never be.

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 12-25-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
10Titans28
Rookie

10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a titans fan and i'd take vince (non-bias). he's younger than palmer and mcnabb and he's got a future ahead of him. he struggled in his first few years as a titan but he made a lot of progress. even battling injuries, he had 10 td's and 3 int's this season. id take that ratio any day. on top of that he had a 98.6 passer rating, higher than both palmer and mcnabb.
10Titans28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Vince Young. I hate to use the cliche, but he's a winner. He's still young, so he'll last for a number of years going forward.

If it were for one season, I'd have taken McNabb. I partly blame his poor season on having to do too much to compensate for the horrendous Redskins defense.

I still think McNabb can be a good starter for a few more years.

Last edited by NotRickJames : 12-24-2010 at 10:06 PM.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I'd take McNabb or Palmer over Young.

Young is just too mentally weak for football, he just seems mentally fragile and the drama that surrounds cannot be for the Quarterback... the field general of the football team.
Buy or Sell.
I'm buying. That seems to be the case.

I still don't know what to make of McNabb and Shanahan. I think Shanahan may have lost his mind during his time away from football.

Palmer is an enigma. He used to remind me so much of Troy Aikman, but now he reminds me of Joey Harrington out there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Buy or Sell.
I'm buying. That seems to be the case.

I still don't know what to make of McNabb and Shanahan. I think Shanahan may have lost his mind during his time away from football.

Palmer is an enigma. He used to remind me so much of Troy Aikman, but now he reminds me of Joey Harrington out there.
As I said before, no way I take Young I don't need an extra child to take care of.

As for McNabb, he hasn't played like an All-Pro but he has not been terrible, he really did not deserve the benching, and it really seems to be a dick measuring contest between daddy's little boy Kyle and Donovan as McNabb's agent has said. Trust me, as a Giants fan, I dislike McNabb and his smug grin, but I still respect him as a player he doesn't deserve to be benched for Grossman, this I know for a fact.

As for Palmer, I definitely see a negatively affected performance brought about by two guys who will whine about not getting the ball also known as the T.Ocho show. I don't care for T.O's individual performance by which he has proved he can still be a decent receiver option in league. However, Palmer had always been annoyed just a bit by Ocho you can see it whenever the two talked together or he talked about Chad. T.O has just made things worse. By trying to appease everybody Palmer has had a terrible season. I also feel as if Palmer did give up, and while this is a huge negative I feel his enthusiasm could be rejuvenated if placed on a team of a decent caliber like say the Cardinals.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Palmer. I don't watch many Bengals games, but I think he is a fresh start away from being a potential Pro Bowler again. He definitely has it in him, he just needs that fire to be re-lit.

My guess is he is just tired of that team. Who could take 8 years of Ocho Cinco and not be drained.

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All former top 10 draft picks interestingly enough.
Very close voting here... the closest 3-way vote I've seen on here ever with 50 votes+.

-McNabb's ability to lead a team into the playoffs?
-Young's youth, plus scrambling ability and W-L record?
-Palmer's old form was pure passing, former #1 pick, still might get it back?

Maybe no Vick or Warner Rags-to-riches comeback here, but maybe there can be in the right situation. I think McNabb is a bit younger than Warner was when the Rams and then Giants spit him out, letting the brilliant Cardinals to scoop him up.
Everybody had a chance or two at Vick.
hell, everyone had a chance at Brees too.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Carson Palmer may have won some votes today!

Playing without his two starting receivers, and loud mouths, Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco, Palmer finished with a career-best passer rating of 157.2, just shy of a perfect 158.3. He completed 16 of 21 for 269 yards without an interception.

"That's the finest game that Carson has played here," said Marvin Lewis, who may have coached his final game in Cincinnati.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

The T.Ocho show is probably the main reason for Palmer's poor performances, or at least I truly believe that.

Bone Krusher, the best