Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Vick - The Greatest Comeback of All Time?

I can't think of any other man who has ever fallen so far and hard, yet came back stronger and better. It may be too early to say, but is he the greatest comeback story ever?
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not terribly impressed by anyone who comes back from a self-imposed career hiatus. Is he playing well? Of course he is...but if he wins comeback player of the year, I'm going to be pissed.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Priest Holmes? In college and the pros that dude got **** on so many times.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
goldenbear.cal
Rookie

goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.

I want to say Tommy Maddox, but he couldn't keep his success for a long period. If Michael Vick can keep this up for 3-4 more years and not just be a one hit wonderm then not only would it be the greatest comeback, but it would justify his #1 pick selection overall.
goldenbear.cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rick ankiel?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a pretty amazing come back story, he totally deserves come back player of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Staubach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
rick ankiel?
I laughed so hard at this. On the same note: Josh Hamilton.

edit: Ray Lewi... oh wait, he didn't go to jail for killing that guy.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not of all time, i think Kurt's story is pretty good....but i do think Vick is the favorite for the comeback player of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Vince Young, he got injured, has a bust up with the coach and got replaced by Kerry Collins only to come back and...oh wait the same thing happened again.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm not terribly impressed by anyone who comes back from a self-imposed career hiatus. Is he playing well? Of course he is...but if he wins comeback player of the year, I'm going to be pissed.
I couldn't agree with this more if I tried.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is his hiatus self imposed? The dude didn't choose to go to jail. And yes, this has to be the best comeback ever. Going to jail for two years and then coming back 10x better than you were? Kurt Warner's story really isn't a comeback, because he wasn't anything before he "came back". But Vick, NFL superstar--who some were calling a bust and would never be a decent passer, arrested and goes to jail, then comes back and is in contention for the MVP award? Best comeback ever.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Vick killed dogs and got 18 months. Dante Stallworth got 30 days in jail for manslaughter. Don't give me "self-imposed hiatus" ********.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Roger Staubach?

I laughed so hard at this. On the same note: Josh Hamilton.

edit: Ray Lewi... oh wait, he didn't go to jail for killing that guy.
This. Spent almost 5 years in the Navy after his college playing career was over, even did a tour in Nam.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Josh Hamilton, Lance Armstrong
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick could have been doing this in Atlanta two years ago if he didn't derail his own career. I'm glad he grew up and finally got his act together but too little too late. Hamilton's story is better than his, although still self imposed. I'll take Lance over Vick. Not even close.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's at fault for his past actions and from what I've heard from the man, he's not making any exscuses about that. Personally, I don't completely agree with Vick's acceptance of everything, but I understand where's he's coming from and why he has to do it.

I will say this though. Everyone makes mistatkes in life, all of us here included. To have so much going and to have it all taken away, the average man cannot recover from it. Most men would be broken and would have given up. Instead of doing what 99.9% of men would do, he accepted responsibility for his failure and is completely dedicating himself to realizing his full potential.

Honestly, I cannot think of another "comeback" story like this and I'm not talking about just football or sports.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Mario Lemieux?

Is diagnosed with cancer in the 1993 NHL season. Undergoes radiation treatment and comes back after only 2 months to finish the season, and wins the Art Ross trophy given to the league's top scorer, notching the 3rd all-time best point-per-game ratio in NHL history. That was despite a severe back injury that would require surgery in the following off-season and make him miss a whole year (along with radiation treatment fatigue). Upon coming back, he wins another two straight scoring titles.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Herzlich.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Mark Herzlich.
Jon Lester.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Jon Lester.
umm Herzlich >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lester
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 12-24-2010 at 08:14 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Michael Vick killed dogs and got 18 months. Dante Stallworth got 30 days in jail for manslaughter. Don't give me "self-imposed hiatus" ********.
Self-imposed isn't the right word at all, but the only reason there's a comeback is from his own actions. I am not getting into a morality argument as I'm sure this is this thread's destiny but he did this to himself, it wasn't out of his control....which is what I think that poster was attempting to convey

But so was Josh Hamilton's as well, he did the drugs and came back. So did Robert Downey, Jr.

There's nothing else Vick can do to satisfy those who aren't exactly supportive of him. It's not worth beating a dead horse (though I'm sure he'd have no issues with that ba-boom-doosh!) about.

Now greatest comeback ever is a bit hyperbolic. He's having a great season but it's only one season. Mario Lemieux came back from cancer as did Lance Armstrong (though I am not a fan of his at all) which is something out of your control and in Armstrong's case, could've killed him. To compete at such a level after a cancer spreading, is amazing regardless of your opinion of him.

Rick Ankiel's was cool though he never had the success Vick is having in his second act. Went from the lowest rungs of the Appalachian League to everyday player (now a bench guy but still impressive).

Now of all-time, outside of sports too? Downey Jr., Eliot Spitzer having a TV career, Charlie Sheen is always perpetually coming back.

But my vote goes to Zsa Zsa Gabor.....how she is still alive is beyond my beliefs.

Oh and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
How is his hiatus self imposed? The dude didn't choose to go to jail.
Well, technically he did since he did do a plea deal.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Last edited by Philliez01 : 12-24-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
How is his hiatus self imposed? The dude didn't choose to go to jail. And yes, this has to be the best comeback ever. Going to jail for two years and then coming back 10x better than you were? Kurt Warner's story really isn't a comeback, because he wasn't anything before he "came back". But Vick, NFL superstar--who some were calling a bust and would never be a decent passer, arrested and goes to jail, then comes back and is in contention for the MVP award? Best comeback ever.
Wait, what? He knew the consequences, he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he still CHOSE to do it. He chose to deal with the consequences if he was caught, and he was.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Now of all-time, outside of sports too? Downey Jr., Eliot Spitzer having a TV career, Charlie Sheen is always perpetually coming back.
If we're talking entertainment, then it's got to be a name more like MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice falling, then making a comeback.

I think Mark Wahlberg made a bigger comeback in entertainment and if we're talking politics, then I would say Bill Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares whether Mike Vick is coming back from a self-imposed hiatus??

What if MV was an alcoholic or drug addict who cleaned himself up and performed at a pro bowl level upon his return??

Would that be more acceptable??

Being locked up in a federal prison for 2 years should have decapitated Vick's career and regulated him to permanent backup status.
Instead, two years out of prison, Vick is better than he's ever been.

If he doesn't win Comeback Player Of The Year, who should???

For my money, I'd take Staubach/Warner/Moon as the NFL's greatest comebacks, with a slight edge for Moon.