Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Who cares whether Mike Vick is coming back from a self-imposed hiatus??

What if MV was an alcoholic or drug addict who cleaned himself up and performed at a pro bowl level upon his return??

Would that be more acceptable??

Being locked up in a federal prison for 2 years should have decapitated Vick's career and regulated him to permanent backup status.
Instead, two years out of prison, Vick is better than he's ever been.

If he doesn't win Comeback Player Of The Year, who should???

For my money, I'd take Staubach/Warner/Moon as the NFL's greatest comebacks, with a slight edge for Moon.
Probably, seeing as how he didn't murder animals in that scenario.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
It's a pretty amazing come back story, he totally deserves come back player of the year.

Nah dude... then it would be fixed........
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick is amazing and he served his time for what he did, but I still don't feel sorry for him. You can bring up Stallworth or whatever but what Vick did was wrong no matter ho you slice it and I don't really have any sympathy for him. He has been playing unbelievable and I have always been a fan of what he can do on the field but it is ******* stupid how people are so quick to forgive and feel sorry for him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
How is his hiatus self imposed? The dude didn't choose to go to jail. And yes, this has to be the best comeback ever. Going to jail for two years and then coming back 10x better than you were? Kurt Warner's story really isn't a comeback, because he wasn't anything before he "came back". But Vick, NFL superstar--who some were calling a bust and would never be a decent passer, arrested and goes to jail, then comes back and is in contention for the MVP award? Best comeback ever.
So...who forced the guy to become the Hitler to the canine world's Jews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Michael Vick killed dogs and got 18 months. Dante Stallworth got 30 days in jail for manslaughter. Don't give me "self-imposed hiatus" ********.
Straw man. Vick didn't accidentally kill all of those dogs, and Stallworth didn't kill that guy on purpose.

He's playing well. It is what it is. He should count his lucky stars that he got another chance and is about to get paid. He should NOT be given awards for it. "Hey, man. Not everyone could kill a whole grip of dogs in sick, twisted ways despite knowing how wrong it is and then come back to make that cheddar. Good job, bro. The way you pulled that off is truly inspiring. Here's a plaque."

B.S.

Just give the award to someone who was injured last year and is successful this year. That's who should get it every year.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-24-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As if I didn't have enough reasons to dislike him already, he's going to rip the award from Mike Williams.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't wait til Tebow wins the sportsman award because he's MOTHER F***ing TIM TEBOW, you don't F*** WITH MOTHER F***ING TIM TEBOW!!! and ya know... all that god stuff.

Last edited by soybean : 12-24-2010 at 11:58 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
As if I didn't have enough reasons to dislike him already, he's going to rip the award from Mike Williams.
That's another guy I can't see giving it to. He basically ate his way out of the NFL. Coming back from twinkies and gallons of gravy doesn't do it for me.

My vote goes to either Urlacher or EJ Henderson.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
That's another guy I can't see giving it to. He basically ate his way out of the NFL. Coming back from twinkies and gallons of gravy doesn't do it for me.

He probably wouldn't have won it anyway. The award always goes to a high-profile player who returns from an injury. I could have seen them giving it to Welker.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion Branch has a chance too, but Mike Williams probably has him beat as far as WR's are concerned.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-25-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dogs are cute and all, but I still am blown away by just how much people flipped their **** about Mike Vick. Especially when you have murderers still playing in the NFL, Stallworth, Leonard Little, Ray Lew...in summation Dogs < People, ergo Mike Vick > any of the murders who've played in the NFL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Usually I agree with you on many things my fellow Bears fan...but on this I do not.

Players get injured every year and come back from them. Both those guys are doing well, but Mike Vick well? No.

Michael Vick may have taken some wrong turns with his life, but that should not discredit what he has had to do and what he is doing now. Not many NFL players can come back after being out of the NFL for a year or two in jail. Especially at the QB position. And then to take advantage of the opprotunities like he has and to play at the level he has been playing at? Huge comeback.

It's not only the performance, but it is also his re-inventing himself. He is a different QB than he was in ATL, he is playing like the QB everyone thought he would be.

Coming back to the NFL better than before is enough to warrant CBPoY for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Dogs are cute and all, but I still am blown away by just how much people flipped their **** about Mike Vick. Especially when you have murderers still playing in the NFL, Stallworth, Leonard Little, Ray Lew...in summation Dogs < People, ergo Mike Vick > any of the murders who've played in the NFL.
I agree with the fact that Lewis/Little/Stallworth are criminals, but it still doesn't make what Vick did right. He ****** up and paid his time, but the fact that he served his time and is back on the field shouldn't make him a feel good story. He is still a criminal, I love him as a player but that doesn't change my opinion on him as a person.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-25-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I agree with the fact that Lewis/Little/Stallworth are criminals, but it still doesn't make what Vick did right. He ****** up and paid his time, but the fact that he served his time and is back on the field shouldn't make him a feel good story. He is still a criminal, I love him as a player but that doesn't change my opinion on him as a person.
What should make a feel good story, the same tired underdog finally makes it crap that we've been spoon fed since we were kids? Mike Vick ****** up really badly and did something disgusting. But unlike guys like Little, who's murdered 2 people, one after having already murdered a person, he learned his lesson and took that motivation to turn his life around and become something to aspire to. Not Mike Vick the dog killer, but Mike Vick the comeback player of the year and potential league MVP is certainly something kids should be inspired by. It's what americans **** their brains out over, someone getting a second chance and re-creating themselves to take advantage. He is a criminal, but the NFL has a lot worse people in this league than Vick, hell I'd even argue Big Ben is a bigger scumbag than Vick, and what he's done since his release is incredible. People who are actually reformed by prison instead of indoctrinated should be commended and Mike Vick is one such example.

Now excuse me while I go vomit because I've had to defend a ******* iggle.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-25-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Little should have been allowed to keep playing either.

The sad thing is that these guys are role models for kids.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think Little should have been allowed to keep playing either.

The sad thing is that these guys are role models for kids.
No the sad thing is that the level of parenting in this country is so awful that these guys are role models for ANY kids.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-25-2010, 06:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Michael Vick can keep this up for 3-4 more years and not just be a one hit wonderm then not only would it be the greatest comeback, but it would justify his #1 pick selection overall.
How would it justify the #1 pick? He isn't with the Falcons anymore, he busted for them regardless of what he does now.

I don't particularly feel right giving Vick the comeback player award. He isn't actually coming back from anything but his own stupidity and disregard for the Law, not to mention that he came back last year and not this year.

Personally I think the comeback awards should be reserved more for overcoming injury or if you were forced into service or something similar to that, I'd rather see the award go to someone who has overcome adversity or done something to contribute to society rather than rewarding people for making awful decisions and then getting a second chance, for me the second chance is their reward.

Might just be me though...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
This is another straw man. None of us are advocating Stallworth, Little, or Lewis for CBPotY, and none of us are clamoring for Vick to be thrown out. We just don't want to give the guy an award for doing disgusting, scumbag things. If he were this season's MVP (he's not), I'd say "ok, give him the MVP award." The MVP award has nothing to do with how much of a dirtbag you are.

He didn't overcome any kind of adversity. He just stopped killing things. That's not that big of an accomplishment. I've gone every day of my life without killing things. Where's my plaque?
Old 12-25-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You shouldnt be rewarded for having to come back from going to jail because you ran a death ring.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He didn't overcome any kind of adversity. He just stopped killing things. That's not that big of an accomplishment. I've gone every day of my life without killing things. Where's my plaque?
18 months in prison where he got exercise for at most 60 minutes a day! To come back from that with, what seems like, not losing a step at all is ridiculous. Let alone to play in the NFL and become a potential MVP candidate is pretty much impossible.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Deion Branch has a chance too, but Mike Williams probably has him beat as far as WR's are concerned.
What exactly is Deion Branch coming back from? Not having Tom Brady as his quarterback?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
What exactly is Deion Branch coming back from? Not having Tom Brady as his quarterback?
Obscurity. Not saying he's going to win but he went from Super Bowl MVP to nothing, now he's playing very well again. So yes, Brady.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-25-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
18 months in prison where he got exercise for at most 60 minutes a day! To come back from that with, what seems like, not losing a step at all is ridiculous. Let alone to play in the NFL and become a potential MVP candidate is pretty much impossible.
That was the consequence for his actions. He's overcoming being a moron. Not something you honor.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While I obviously agree humans are greater than dogs, and the PETA people piss me off quite often, Ray was never proven of anything. If anything he had knowledge of a murder that he kept quiet. And what Stallworth and Little did was wreckless to the highest degree, and not premeditated. Neither of them should be in the league. However I still think what Vick did was more heinous than anyone. They systematic murder by drowning, electricution, and hanging of several dogs is something only someone really evil could do. I would like to think I don't know anyone who could be that evil. However I do know people who have been stupid enough to drive drunk, including myself, just thankfully haven't hurt themselves or others.

And that argument that he has the right to earn a living after jail drives me crazy. Yes he has the right. But he can go work at Walmart. Any regular person who is convicted of a felon doesn't just go back to their old job after their time in prison.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 12-25-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely the greatest comeback of all time. He came back even better than when he left. I could care less what he does with his property in his private time.