Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Beanie Wells a bust?

I know he's not given many attempts but mannnn do his numbers suck....
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:13 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

injuries and underachievement . . its easy to say the line has held him back, but hightower looks fine. too early to call him a bust but it might be time to start talking about it.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give Running Backs until Year 3 or 4 until I dub them a bust. Way too many success stories a la Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, and Darren McFadden. He's definitely been a huge disappointment, but he's got a lot of ability and should be able to find some way to use it. Count me among the few that think he'll still stand a decent chance of having a productive NFL career.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is difficult to be a bust at the running back position - based on normal standards. Fact is, you can put any average running back behind a good offensive line and he'll give you good production.

I tend to be harsh on running backs. If you are a running back and taken in the first round, you'd better be better than average. Frankly, given what we've seen Shanahan do in Denver and across the league, I would avoid drafting running backs in the first few rounds entirely, unless he is a very special talent.

As of right now, bust. But he'll turn it around at some point....probably.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
I'll give Running Backs until Year 3 or 4 until I dub them a bust. Way too many success stories a la Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, and Darren McFadden. He's definitely been a huge disappointment, but he's got a lot of ability and should be able to find some way to use it. Count me among the few that think he'll still stand a decent chance of having a productive NFL career.
meh, Cedric Benson was a bust through and through.

Beanie Wells really suffers from a horrible OLine, which always leads me to the question why people want Russ Grimm so much. Like Fenikz once told me: they are all his guys, he has been working with him for years, and still they are horrible

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now he's a bust. I think the Cards Oline are average run blockers, not putrid.

Besides, a 6'1, 230# RB shouldn't need truck lanes to run through to be productive.

As a rook he showed ability, 4.5 yards a carry, but this season he's awful.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:28 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure....if Tim Hightower is for the most part outproducing you, you aren't all that good.

Who am I to question anyone's toughness but Beanie seemed to come out of the game at Ohio State allot of times due to minor injuries.

Has he done this with the cards?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hightower is a totally different runner than him

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, Beanie always looked like a 230 pound RB that thought he was a scat back. His running style never really jived with his body type and mass.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point you got to consider him a bust until he starts proving people wrong. Hightower and Wells are two different runners is very obvious and everyone knows that. No two running backs are the same runner in any league.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course his numbers suck, if I am playing the Cards, I put 8 in the box every time and let their QB try to beat me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

So far yes, he's a bust. Hightower shouldn't still be getting more carries but the Cards bought the hyoe and took him 1st round despite the injury history and he's been either hurt or a non-factor since. Pretty bad 1st rd for RBs- Moreno, Wells and Donald Brown. Wells and Brown have been non-existent and Moreno is just ok to this point.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
To me, Beanie always looked like a 230 pound RB that thought he was a scat back. His running style never really jived with his body type and mass.
Beat me to it. Hes a more physically impressive ron dayne, a big back who dances and doesnt punish who isnt tough enough. Brandon Jacobs has been like that recently, its very easy to spot big backs who lose their edge and stop playing the way theyve always played. Wells on the other hand has always run soft to me, whether it be at Ohio State or in the pros.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought he would be. My best comparison for him coming out of college was Najeh Davenport. I big guy who tries to run like a track star, is always injured, and horrible pass blocking.

Wells was very overrated coming out of OSU.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Jones redux.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes he's a bust. He was drafted at the end of round 1 and he's playing like a 3-4th rounder. Not a total failure. His running style just doesn't translate to the NFL well enough to make him a 1st round pick and he's built like he's going to miss an average of 4 or so games a year due to injury.

I don't buy into waiting 3-4 years to evaluate a running back. They don't have to learn technique like QBs or receivers or DBs and they don't need time in the weight room like OL and DL. Running backs breaking out in the 3rd or 4th year after sucking are the rare exception and not the rule. What you see is what you get in their first season, most of the time.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I don't buy into waiting 3-4 years to evaluate a running back

You're right, Darren McFadden is a bust.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
You're right, Darren McFadden is a bust.
Yeah he came to mind right away but I still believe he was the exception not the rule

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...&type=position

If you look at the guys drafted: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, MJD, Lynch, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, Willis McGahee (yes he WAS good for awhile), Marion Barber (same). You could see all of them were going to be studs their rookie year.

Others: Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Brandon Jackson, Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, Ronnie Brown, Joseph Addai, Cedric Benson, JJ Arrington, etc. They aren't bad, they just haven't changed much at all since their rookie years. They all got chances and never really improved.

Exceptions: Darren McFadden, Cadillac Williams (he was supposed to be good), Deangelo Williams

There are others that just didn't put up numbers because they didn't get a chance such as Tashard Choice and Larry Johnson, but that isn't the case here.

Point being, if you give him an opportunity as a rookie and he can't handle it, odds are heavily against him being a good starter.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 12-26-2010 at 11:57 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You may think I'm biased but 2 years is WAYYYYY to early to declare someone a bust. You can say whatever you want about the cards line, but it sucks, the year that Beanie got drafted the team had just come off a season as one of the worst rushing teams in football averaging 2 yards per rush attempt, largely due to their lacking O-line. Add to that the fact that this years passing attack faltered allowing teams to stack 8 in the box on most plays.

Now I WILL be the first to admit to you that he suffers from nagging injuries and this year hasn't been a shining one but last year he averaged 4.5 ypc and amassed almost 800 yards with 7 TD's. Not exactly unimpressive considering their rushing attack the year before and the fact that it was his rookie year.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote