Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Draft Discussion

Hey guys i know this forum is dead but i figure with it being draft season and all we might have more people frequenting the site and it might be good to get some discussion going about our Phins draft...

So what does every think our team needs are and who are some guys you like?

Personally i'd list our top five team needs as follows:
1. ILB - Crowder is the only guy on our roster that is worthy of a starting position and he has been injured and isnt a playmaker. Ayodele and Torbor are serviceable but neither belong in the starting lineup.
2. OLB - I originally had this as more of a secondary need but after the release of Roth and the likely release of Joey Porter, ILB and OLB are more 1a and 1b. Even if we bring back JT, he isn't an every down guy anymore so we'll need someone to rotate with him opposite Cameron Wake.
3. WR/TE - Chad Henne needs some targets to throw to. its obvious that we have lots of '2s' and '3s' on the roster but we need someone who can legitimately threaten to have a 1000 yard/8 TD season.
4. FS - we have four safeties on the roster and all four are better suited to play SS than FS. if we just had a S that could actually cover a TE last year...
5. NT - Soliai was decent last year and may be the answer and i could see us bringing Ferguson back for a year just to have a rotation and make sure Soliai is the answer but barring Hampton, Franklin, or Wilfork coming to town, I'd bet we draft someone to rotate with Soliai hoping that one of them becomes dominant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

chris clemons was a rookie for a very difficult position to get down mentally in your first year. We have our FS already. Even if for some reason he cant improve, we could slide Will Allen to FS to try to extend his career. FS to me is off the board.

Agree with the rest but I would add on the bottom of that list RB and OL. RB because Ricky has only one year left and OL because we need to add depth

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think the chances are that the Dolphins select Terrance Cody in the first round? From everything I've read the coaching staff is infatuated with him and he would fill feel a need for you guys.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Sparano is a fan of his but he's also said some negative things about him. he has said he'd need to lose some weight and that he'd only be a 2 down player for us right now.

as of now, i dont think we'd take him at 12 but if we traded back or if he loses some weight and shows up at the combine in better shape i think he could work his way up our board. as much as the coaching staff liked him this week, i think it would be hard to convince Parcells not to take a LB this year given his infatuation with LBers and how big of a need it is for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I dont see us taking Cody that early. Maybe if we can trade down. I think LB is gonna be the position that we are gonna target with our early picks. Please Baby Jesus let Ronaldo McClain be there.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If McClain isn't there who do you think you guys take in the first round?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

if mcclain isnt there, i'd hope we'd give Dez Bryant a look first and if both are gone, probably a rushbacker, be it Kindle (personal fav), JPP, Everson Griffen, Derrick Morgan, etc. Some sleepers would be Taylor Mays (Parcells loves big DBs), Dan Williams (NT and we coached him at the senior bowl), and CJ Spiller (i don't think RB is a real need but Ricky and ronnie will both be in the final years of their contracts and cobbs and ronnie are both coming off injury so i wouldn't be entirely shocked as Spiller and Lex Hilliard would be a great one-two punch in the future and spiller could replace Ronnie as a wildcatalyst).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will cry if you guys land McClain, I'd hate to play him twice a year.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain/Dez/Griffen/Kindle is my board for the first rounder.

And I don't see any way you can take FS "off the board" It was by far the worst position on the team last year. I like Clemons but there is no way you put everything in his basket, especially with how deep safety is this year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

And I don't see any way you can take FS "off the board" It was by far the worst position on the team last year. I like Clemons but there is no way you put everything in his basket, especially with how deep safety is this year.
Nope you guys get Tebow.

Tebow + Pat White = Win.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mays/McClain/Spiller/Gresham

All of those guys would make Miami a much better team, I've watched plenty of your games this year, and would hate to face any of those guys. You could definitely use some WR help, but Gresham could fill in admirably from the TE position, maybe give you guys a possession receiver to take pressure off of Ginn.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

That looks good to me, my big board right now is McClain/Dez/Kindle right now. I haven't seen enough of Griffen to make an opinion on him yet but from what i understand he group up idolizing Suggs and mirrors his game to Suggs' so i wouldn't have an issue with that. I am really scared of JPP though...

and i completely agree with the the FS sentiment, i'd love to get Nate Allen in the second to really push Clemons and give us a true FS option.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Well, I feel that draft/offseason #3 in the "Tuna" regime is the most crucial. There are some critical spots to fill on both sides of the ball, especially on D.

In order, I would rate the defensive needs as:

OLB, ILB, FS, NT

They need a big time pass rusher. Is Wake that guy? Not sure, but I liked what I saw in limited action last yr. A Jason Pierre-Paul on the other side might be the ticket. Crowder is serviceable, the others are just guys at ILB. McClain might be a glove like fit or you might be able to get a Brandon Spikes lower in rd 1 or even in rd 2. Eric Berry would be a dream come true at FS, but that is not happening. Still, Earl Thomas, Chad Jones and some others are intriguing. Finally at NT, I think they can get another yr from Ferguson and develop a replacement. Obviously Dan Williams is a strong name, even Cody is a guy you may consider if he made it to rd 2. Perhaps even a mid to late rd guy to throw in the mix.

Now, throw in potential veteran replacements at these positions.. What about Antrel Rolle at FS or Dansby at ILB? Both would make the draft need drop tremendously at each of their respective positions.. Guess we have to wait til FA to see what happens.

On offense, the 2 most glaring needs are at WR and TE. They need a #1 WR. Is that Dez Bryant or do you wait til later and hope for a Lafell, Benn or Thomas from Ga Tech? They need a pass catching TE to be the David Martin for 2010. Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and Jimmy Graham are all names that could fill this role.

Antonio Bryant is a FA and Boldin is definitely available by trade. What do you do? Myself, I keep the picks, sign Bryant and hope that he reverts to his 2008 form. I draft the TE between rds 2 and 4 to be Fasano's backup and the receiving option.

An ideal offseason for me would be to sign Rolle (if he is cut) and Bryant and use the draft's first 4 rds to add to the D with 3 of the picks and a TE with the other. At this very early stage, my favorite choices at # 12 would be Pierre-Paul or McClain if they are available.

Thoughts?
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Pretty much a lot of the same sentiments as most of us. I would love to bring Antrel back to Miami but with the uncapped year, i doubt he goes anywhere. No thanks for Antonio Bryant as he has had one really good year and has a poor history with Parcells already so i dont see that happening. My favorite guys out in FA this year would be all the NTs, i really hope one of them hits the market (hopefully wilfork) and we can lock down that position in FA although i would bet if none of them do that we bring ferguson back.

how do you guys think i'm doing in the forum mock so far?

1. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2a. Traded back with Houston and picked up an extra 4
2b. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
3. Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
4a. Donald Butler, ILB, Washington
4b. Kendrick Lewis, FS, Mississippi

I'm targeting depth with all the other picks (prolly a OT and C/OG maybe another OLB). I'm prolly gonna try to package the two KC picks to get back into the fifth round to get a TE.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 02-14-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
JWZZR
Rookie

JWZZR smells like sex panther.JWZZR smells like sex panther.

what about haynos I say get rid of fasono.keep Haynos and another guy
JWZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR View Post
what about haynos I say get rid of fasono.keep Haynos and another guy
The TE position is actually one im really torn about. I like Fasano and he is a really good blocking TE that is decent as a receiver, a perfect number 2. Haynos on the other hand i'm not too fond of. I think he's a number 3 TE on most teams and he showed he cant handle full-time duty last year. Nalbone and Sperry were both raw rookies that never showed much of anything to warrant us being able to count on them. On the flip side Nalbone was one of those small school sleepers that everyone was high on last year but he was considered a great receiving target that can't block so i wonder if he was just buried because Sparano loves his TEs to block.

Come draft day, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a TE as high as the second or not at all. It will really depend on how Parcells and company feel about the current group but personally, I'm not too optimistic and i think we need a stud starter because i dont think Haynos, Sperry, or Nalbone have what it takes to be a number one in our offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea TE is position I can see going either way. With Fasano being young and a good blocker I see him getting another chance to see if he can bounce back after a rough receiving year. Wouldn't mind a guy like Dennis Pitta if he is there in the 4th though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
JWZZR
Rookie

JWZZR smells like sex panther.JWZZR smells like sex panther.

what about a david martin comeback.

also what up with will Aleen and terry mcdainel

also what would you guys think of a 1 year Terrel Owens stint.

are the dolphins getting rid of gibril wilson he sucks.The dolphins should of signed Patriot Killer Bernard Pollard.

Last edited by JWZZR : 02-20-2010 at 11:37 PM.
JWZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR View Post
what about a david martin comeback.

also what up with will Aleen and terry mcdainel

also what would you guys think of a 1 year Terrel Owens stint.

are the dolphins getting rid of gibril wilson he sucks.The dolphins should of signed Patriot Killer Bernard Pollard.
martin got released already and isn't a parcells type of TE so he won't be back.

Will Allen and Tony McDaniel will likely be in camp but i wouldnt be surprised to see Allen working at FS although i think he would still be our best CB if he's healthy and McDaniel can play all three DL positions so i'd be surprised if he goes unless we bring in a couple more DL.

LOL @ BP signing 'The Player'

Pollard would have been about as useful as wilson since neither are talented enough to bump Bell from SS and neither can play FS very well either. I don't think we'll release Wilson unless we sign a replacement in FA (rolle if he gets cut would be nice).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

This is what I ended up getting in the forum mock:

1 (12). Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2. (52). Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
3. (75). Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
4a. (107). Donald Butler, ILB, Washington
4b. (117). Kendrick Lewis, FS, Mississippi
6a. (163). Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State
6b. (164). Terrence Johnson, CB, California (PA)
6c. (183). Eric Cook, OL, New Mexico
7a. (193). Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
7b. (196). Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

I made a few trades (traded back in the second to pick up a 4th as well as swapping some 6th and 7th round picks) but overall i was a fan of what I got. Kindle was a bit of a disappointment in the first but McClain and Bryant were gone and although Haden was available, nobody wanted to trade up. I felt that Cody was great value at 52. Decker, Butler, Lewis, and Quarless were all guys that I felt had really good value where I got them and filled needs and all are high on my personal future Dolphins hopefuls. Terrence Johnson was my super sleeper and Cook, Young, and Kafka are all experienced players that could easily stick as depth guys depending how they performed in TC. Kafka was taken because I think with Henne progressing we will be moving back towards a traditional offense so we need to develop a more traditional backup and although he played in the spread, he has the size, skillset, and ability to make the adjustment better than Pat White or possibly even Tyler Thigpen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still need a Dolphins GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This is what I ended up getting in the forum mock:

1 (12). Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2. (52). Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
3. (75). Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
4a. (107). Donald Butler, ILB, Washington
4b. (117). Kendrick Lewis, FS, Mississippi
6a. (163). Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State
6b. (164). Terrence Johnson, CB, California (PA)
6c. (183). Eric Cook, OL, New Mexico
7a. (193). Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
7b. (196). Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

I made a few trades (traded back in the second to pick up a 4th as well as swapping some 6th and 7th round picks) but overall i was a fan of what I got. Kindle was a bit of a disappointment in the first but McClain and Bryant were gone and although Haden was available, nobody wanted to trade up. I felt that Cody was great value at 52. Decker, Butler, Lewis, and Quarless were all guys that I felt had really good value where I got them and filled needs and all are high on my personal future Dolphins hopefuls. Terrence Johnson was my super sleeper and Cook, Young, and Kafka are all experienced players that could easily stick as depth guys depending how they performed in TC. Kafka was taken because I think with Henne progressing we will be moving back towards a traditional offense so we need to develop a more traditional backup and although he played in the spread, he has the size, skillset, and ability to make the adjustment better than Pat White or possibly even Tyler Thigpen.
That would be a great draft for us.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you guys taking Big Dan Williams at 12. Now that you signed Dansby all you need is a new NT and the Tuna loves him some Nt's. I think he would be perfect for your defense.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

yea, i'm beginning to think the pick is down to Dan Williams and Sergio Kindle with an outside shot of Gresham or Spiller.

I am rooting for a trade down to the late teens for Williams/Gresham/Kindle or even into the mid-20s and take Cody.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read this awesome article by a Dolphins beat writer. Definitely worth reading, it's incredibly informative and gives like a page of information on every position on the team and lists some guys they like. Most notably, it says that the Dolphins might be most interested in Brandon Graham at #12 overall, or Ricky Sapp at #43 assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. It also talks about how the Dolphins will most likely not draft Sergio Kindle.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spor..._week_6_1.html