Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hahahahaha you have no idea how bad he would be as a D-Coordinator.
I don't like it when you belittle my knowledge on inferior subjects.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
The second Singletary started getting up in Troy Smith's grill on the sidelines today I knew he was a dead man walking.

You simply cannot go after a player that has proven as much in this league as Smith has and expect there not to be repercussions, he's a franchise quarterback for god's sake!
Has there ever been a coach that has had a sideline explosion with two starting quarterbacks in the same season?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Has there ever been a coach that has had a sideline explosion with two starting quarterbacks in the same season?
I'm certain Mike Ditka had that on lock-down at least once with the Saints.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Isn't this the standard for SWDC cool kids?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I didn't mean to belittle you :(. I was just trying to say that Singletary could never ever call plays consistently.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will never be an NFL head coach again. I think he'd be best off getting out of the NFL completely and going to a small conference college program.

I couldn't stand him as a coach, but he'd probably be a better fit for college. Well ideally he's a high school coach, but he'll get by in college.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Harbaugh could probably just commute from Palo Alto.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That would be great. He'd get that big NFL contract and be the local coach everyone wants for the franchise. It'd be easier on his family too.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be great. He'd get that big NFL contract and be the local coach everyone wants for the franchise. It'd be easier on his family too.
My guess is Luck would follow him out the door and force Carolina's hand to trade the pick to the Niners.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Harbaugh would be a good hire, and i think the 49ers could be a top choice for Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL. But i think the lure of Michigan will be too great.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

They should fire Troy Smith now. Hey buddy, you're Troy Smith and you're not at Ohio State getting green handshakes anymore...you don't yell at a Hall of Fame anything, regardless of how bad the team is doing under his watch. Troy Smith at his finest couldn't lick the grass off of Mike Singletary's cleats as a football player. Juat another pampered idiot from Ohio State that can't play with the big boys, but thinks he can. I really hope Singletary gets another shot with a group of coachable players that will respond to him.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
They should fire Troy Smith now. Hey buddy, you're Troy Smith and you're not at Ohio State getting green handshakes anymore...you don't yell at a Hall of Fame anything, regardless of how bad the team is doing under his watch. Troy Smith at his finest couldn't lick the grass off of Mike Singletary's cleats as a football player. Juat another pampered idiot from Ohio State that can't play with the big boys, but thinks he can. I really hope Singletary gets another shot with a group of coachable players that will respond to him.
Whoopty ******* doo, Singletary has not one ounce of respect from anyone on that roster as a football coach. If you asked him what they thought of him as a player, im sure you would get much different responses and they would all give him praise.

Him doing what he did as a player has absolutely no effect on him as a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Whoopty ******* doo, Singletary has not one ounce of respect from anyone on that roster as a football coach. If you asked him what they thought of him as a player, im sure you would get much different responses and they would all give him praise.

Him doing what he did as a player has absolutely no effect on him as a coach.
Joe Montana could become the head coach now and I'm sorry but I don't buy that argument...they should respect montana for who he is above all else. Same with Singletary. As much as they didn't respect Singletary as a coach, the rest of the world doesn't respect them as players outside of Patrick Willis. That team has a lot of room to criticize a coach. 1 player on it worth a damn, maybe 2 if Gore could ever play 16 games. Good luck Jim Harbaugh...
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe Montana could become the head coach now and I'm sorry but I don't buy that argument...they should respect montana for who he is above all else. Same with Singletary. As much as they didn't respect Singletary as a coach, the rest of the world doesn't respect them as players outside of Patrick Willis. That team has a lot of room to criticize a coach. 1 player on it worth a damn, maybe 2 if Gore could ever play 16 games. Good luck Jim Harbaugh...
I dont respect Singletary as a coach one bit, and i bet you could ask every 9er fan what they think and they would say he was a joke....but him as a player? I think he is one of the best to ever play the game....being a great player does not get you anywhere as a coach, and it works the opposite as well....****** players can be great coaches...they dont go hand in hand all the time.

This team was predicted to win the division for a reason, they have talent on this team and they are a couple players away from clicking. If they get the right QB and a couple more playmakers on defense id be scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis would disagree with you.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Yeah it's not like the team crumbling had anything to do with Mike Singletary. Please...

Quote:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Vernon Davis would disagree with you.
Yes, Vernon Davis isn't worth a damn.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Vernon Davis isn't worth a damn.
I was waiting for someone to mention to say that name lol Thank you...he'd be in the UFL now if it weren't for Singletary and he'd be the first to tell you that. I'm not saying singletary is a great coach but especially if you're Troy Smith, show the man some respect. I do think he could still be a successful coach elsewhere though down the road. I think Singletary's biggest problem is not relating to the modern day athlete, and just look at Troy Smith for evidence. Most of these guys are pampered from their JV days nowadays and it just gets worse everyday. The days of hollering and motivating guys are over..hell Coughlin learned that the way and there was almost a mutiny on the Giants against him from day 1. Singletary is old school and I respect that. The modern NFL player, is not. They're all about diamond earrings and babydolls. He's gotta come to grips with that now.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hahahahaha you have no idea how bad he would be as a D-Coordinator.
He's better than Chuck Cecil....
Old 12-27-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was the last great player to be a decent Head Coach? Ditka pre-New Orleans?

I know several head coaches were ex-NFL players but I don't think any currently were ever even at a pro bowl level with Singletary gone.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Who was the last great player to be a decent Head Coach? Ditka pre-New Orleans?

I know several head coaches were ex-NFL players but I don't think any currently were ever even at a pro bowl level with Singletary gone.
I think most successful NFL players are content spending their days doing color commentary or kicking back on the beach. Guys like Singletary and Ditka are the exception...guys with such passion for the game that they wanna try and rise up the coaching ranks like they did as a player. Bart Starr also failed as a head coach. That does not mean former Packers QB Joe Blow had a right to spit venom at Starr while he coached them. I don't think any player should blow up at any coach honestly. Shows a lack of maturity, lack of stability and obviously shows you have little respect for authority. Even if its Rich Kotite...be a man and shut up in front of cameras and cuss him out under breath after the game.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll end up as a DC somewhere in the NFL. Someone should be willing to take the risk as him in that capacity.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I was waiting for someone to mention to say that name lol Thank you...he'd be in the UFL now if it weren't for Singletary and he'd be the first to tell you that. I'm not saying singletary is a great coach but especially if you're Troy Smith, show the man some respect. I do think he could still be a successful coach elsewhere though down the road. I think Singletary's biggest problem is not relating to the modern day athlete, and just look at Troy Smith for evidence. Most of these guys are pampered from their JV days nowadays and it just gets worse everyday. The days of hollering and motivating guys are over..hell Coughlin learned that the way and there was almost a mutiny on the Giants against him from day 1. Singletary is old school and I respect that. The modern NFL player, is not. They're all about diamond earrings and babydolls. He's gotta come to grips with that now.
Or Mike Singletary just doesn't know what the heck he's doing. This is the more logical conclusion. It has nothing to do with the players. And for your to criticize tons of players you don't even know makes the angle you're trying to push ridiculous. Think about it. Mike Singletary got his job by being a linebacker coach first. That's it. That is the closest he had in terms of experience. No coordinator job, no nothing. He was clearly unqualified for his job and it showed. Yelling and screaming and all of that mantra doesn't mean squat if you don't know your X's and O's. Even if you don't, you can still hire the right people. Singletary couldn't even do that. No offensive coordinator wanted to work for him because they knew that all Singletary wanted to do was stick to his conservative philosophy of running the football. And that's why we had to settle for Jimmy Raye.

As for Vernon Davis, the guy has always had talent. He's just never played on a team that has been worth a darn. Especially in terms of offense. The fact that he's putting up decent numbers for a tight end on the 49ers says something about how good this player can be if he actually had a quarterback and or a coaching staff that utilized his strengths. Mike Martz and Jim Hostler certainly didn't do that. All they did was make him block on the line.

Quote:
I think most successful NFL players are content spending their days doing color commentary or kicking back on the beach. Guys like Singletary and Ditka are the exception...guys with such passion for the game that they wanna try and rise up the coaching ranks like they did as a player. Bart Starr also failed as a head coach. That does not mean former Packers QB Joe Blow had a right to spit venom at Starr while he coached them. I don't think any player should blow up at any coach honestly. Shows a lack of maturity, lack of stability and obviously shows you have little respect for authority. Even if its Rich Kotite...be a man and shut up in front of cameras and cuss him out under breath after the game.
People aren't like computers. There is only so much that someone can take. And the coach isn't always in the right 100% of the time. Not saying that players should rise up if they have a problem whenever they want, but at the same time I am saying that a blowup in front of the head coach on national television isn't as big a deal as folks make it out to be. If you're crowning Singletary for his emotional passion for the game, then you can't crucify the players for doing the same thing, and or assume that when they yell it's out of personal malice or it's because they show a lack of authority. Respect is earned, not given. That goes for coaches as well.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-27-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think he'll end up as a DC somewhere in the NFL. Someone should be willing to take the risk as him in that capacity.
I really doubt that. NFL linebackers coach or college head coach.

The only way it might work for him to be a defensive coordinator is if it's for a defensive head coach who is really running the show. Basically a dummy coordinator, like Joe Philbin is for Mike McCarthy on offense.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he wasn't even a good LBer coach, and my understanding of why he got the job was because he was a good motivator and speaker, not because of his coaching abilities