Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:00 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Pats 2010>2007

Well according to football outsiders it is.

Before today's game, here are the DVOA for both teams (both of these are the highest of all-time, and this years is going to improve a lot after today's game)

'07 Patriots - 45.2%
'10 Patriots - 48.3%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2007

'07 Patriots - 36.8 ppg, 411.3 ypg, 48.2% 3rd down, 16 turnovers (+16differential), 12 30+ point games
'10 Patriots - 32.0 ppg, 355.0 ypg, 47.9% 3rd down, 9 turnovers (+27differential), 11 30+ point games

I dunno if its "better".. But its more impressive considering the players the 2010 offense consists of, and the defensive competition they have played.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Last edited by elway=goat : 12-27-2010 at 04:06 AM.
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.

(10 char)
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't this been posted?

And, no. Just no.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that's better is the turnovers, but this is only the offense too. The 2007 defense was better than this group.

I think they're very good, and the best in the league, but the 2007 team was definitely better.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I think 2007>2010 as well. Only thing 2007 has on 2010 is KR/PR
That and turnovers. I read the record low for a 16 game schedule is 13
As long as the Pats have no more than 3 TO's against MIA next week, they'll have that record too.
Tom Brady's TD/INT ration is better this year too. Although 50/8 is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited by Nalej : 12-27-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, no, no, and maybe... no.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Even though we lost the superbowl, I still consider 07 a very special year.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talent-wise no, but I think their current offensive scheme suits them a million times better than the spread did.

Not only that, but the 07 team peaked around midseason and was declining at this point in the year because it had so many old legs. This team is still going strong and getting better.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a scary good team right now without the egos. But, what the 2007 Patriots did was special. This team doesn't match up with '07 at every facet of the game although it does come close to some. '07 was just better overall but that's not taking anything away from this current team.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its far more fun to watch this team than the 2007 team. Too many egos and expectations got in the way in 2007. I like my team as the underdog (2001)or the everyman team (any other year) - no more talented than any other in the league, but more prepared and on top at the end of the day.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway=goat View Post
I dunno if its "better".. But its more impressive considering the players the 2010 offense consists of, and the defensive competition they have played.
So wait you're saying they are better but want us to take into consideration that the players aren't as good? Seems to be a disconnect here...

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
So wait you're saying they are better but want us to take into consideration that the players aren't as good? Seems to be a disconnect here...
He saying on a talent level, no, they aren't as good. However, as a team they have gelled beautifully and by a statistics stand point they might not be as good as 07' but as a team (the 10' team) their record is more impressive due to lesser big names and athletic ability on the 07' team at least thats how I have interpreted it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense is a bit worse but more turnover heavy. Offense not quite as explosive, but just as productive.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Defense is a bit worse but more turnover heavy. Offense not quite as explosive, but just as productive.
^^This! 2007 was the perfect storm for the Patriots. It will never happen again - ever! This year doesn't even come close to 2007 no matter what the stats say. 2010 has been a very good year to be a Patriot fan though, but the league isn't as strong this year as it was in 2007 imo. I can't see why anybody would even try to argue that this year is better than 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brady is at his best when he doesn't have a star receiver. I know the stats show I'm wrong, but he just looks much better right now.
That team looks better as well. The defense worries me though.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I've heard someone on another forum say this, but greatness is too easily forgotten.....
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Wait.. where did I say they were better? I posted advanced statstics from football outsiders that said they were better. I didnt say they were better. I said I am more impressed by this teams offense when you take into account what this offense consists of. I never said 2010>2007 was my personal opinion.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope. Both can move the ball without much resistance at times but the 2007 Patriots could go deep at will it, not relying on YAC as much.