Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Season of Coaches?

Miami: I think he is wearing out his welcome, I don't think he goes this year but Sparano could be on the hot seat next year, if once again Miami fails to catch up with the Pats/Jets.
Pats: I think they are fine here..
Jets: Same as Pats
Bills: Under Chan the team has shown improvement, I think he is there to stay for 2-3 years as they rebuild.

Steelers: They are fine
Ravens: They are fine
Browns: Mangini is a likely candidate to be fired, he hasn't been very good.
Bengals: I think it is time for Lewis to leave Cinci, that team has constantly underperformed and they have yet to make all that much progress. With this seasons flop...

Texans: Kubiak is going to be gone. THEY LOST TO DENVER.
Tennessee: This is going to be a really interesting off season story. It really comes down to Adams, but at the end of the day I think it is time for Fischer as well to leave. It has been a long time and no Championship for that team, that locker room is divided, and even if you get rid of Young it will still be divided. Only way to unite it would be to bring in a new coach and have the guys buy into it.
Indianapolis Colts: I'm not too sure here. It really depends on how they finish. I think he stays because the Colts are pretty stable.
Jacksonville: Rio has done an ok job, and even if they are not satisfied with him, they aren't the most committed team to football. I can't see them going out and spending money to get another guy.

Denver:
New Coach fer sure. Stud Muffin will not survive
San Diego: One of the most disappointing teams in the past few years...Turner is going to be fired.
Chiefs: They are good
Raiders: I like what Cable has done and I think he stays. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Al does something crazy like pay someone insane amounts of money to coach for Oakland.

Redskins:
I don't think Shannahan did very well but they really invested in him. Wouldn't be shocked but I don't see it happening...this year.
Eagles: I think they are good
Giants: I like Coughlin but I think if they don't make it between the disappointment and the media he is gone
Cowboys: Garrett could stay but I don't see it, I'm sure they shell out for a big name HC.

Minnesota: I like Frazier but I think he is gone.
Chicago: This is kind of interesting. The team has done really well, but Lovie is not loved too much anymore. I think he is safe for this year, and probably next year too.
Green Bay: I think if they make the playoffs he stays. If not I think he could be in danger, I'm pretty unsure about this, but I see them making the playoffs so...
Lions: They are buying into Schwartz and that team is definitely improving, I think he is safe. Another coach could really mess up the rebuilding that has happened in Detroit.

Falcons: As a strong candidate for Coach of the Year, I don't see him getting fired.
Tampa Bay: Morris has done a wonderful job.
New Orleans: Just won a Super Bowl, they love Sean Payton.
Carolina: New coach

Seattle: His first year, he'll get another year at least. Could see some fire if his team doesn't improve though.
Rams: I love the job Spagnola has done, this team is nearly .500 now!
49ers: New coach
Cardinals: I think they will need a new coach, he hasn't been very good this year.

Bold is either already gone or will be gone
Italics is safe this year but next year eh
Normal is just a safe job.

I think this leads to a lot of big contracts for big name coaches this off season. Some competition. I think we'll see a bunch of college coaches come out this year...

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-27-2010 at 02:56 PM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike McCarthy isn't going anywhere. At all. For like the next 3 years.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Mike McCarthy isn't going anywhere. At all. For like the next 3 years.
Ok, to be honest I wasn't very sure on that one.
I've watched the Packers, but I really don't know what goes on with that front office/How people in the organization/public like him.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whisenhunt getting a once mediocre team to the super bowl and then some playoff berths has bought him at least 2 more years.

Other wise I agree with all of your mentions.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely agree about KC. Haley is certainly in contention for coach of the year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Ok, to be honest I wasn't very sure on that one.
I've watched the Packers, but I really don't know what goes on with that front office/How people in the organization/public like him.
A lot of fans were looking for somewhere to put the blame for the close losses and some of it falls on the coaches but with the amount of injuries we have had this year, I'm attributing them to bad luck. McCarthy has done a great job adjusting week to week with guys going down. He's had his, "What are you doing?" moments but every coach does. We've seen what these team can do when it's firing on all cylinders. We're only getting better.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

The Dolphins owner just stated that he will 'evaluate' Sparano and GM Ireland. Looks like a move may be coming.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Dolphins owner just stated that he will 'evaluate' Sparano and GM Ireland. Looks like a move may be coming.
It wouldn't be smart.
I wanted to add analysis too but I was too lazy atm.
But with so many coaching positions available, if you have a borderline case it wouldn't be wise to fire your coach right now. The demand for coaches will be high this season while I think the supply will change a bit, it won't too much I feel ( a lot of these guys will take time off/go to ESPN/many won't get chance to HC this year). As a result the coaches will probably be getting overpaid this year on the whole, especially big names like Gruden.