Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default schaub to texans ?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4649552.html
Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would this open the door for a carr to the raiders trade?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is the offical trade link

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10078226
Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news! Also, it has been proven that Adam Schein is a lying, rumor monger.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

No Quinn for the Texans, maybe they know he wont be there for sure? Lions/Browns/Vikings for Quinn.

Any chance Carr gets traded to the Browns?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The browns shoudl go after Carr.. He will probably be cheaper that Schaub... Probably only need a 3rd rounder to get him

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news. He was doing us no good on the bench. No Adrian though.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bout Time.........
I Know a 2nd rd (#39) is the BIGGIE but I read plus future Considerations. Anyone have the link for the future considerations or know what they may be?

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6594578

Swap 1sts, a 2nd this year, and a 2nd next year. If it's true, the Falcons just robbed the Texans.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm so happy.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
J-Dub

call the cops we just robbed the texans. We pretty much have landry if we want him at 8 and also if peterson gets by the browns we can get him.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is great. dont get me wrong. but we NEED landry! yeah there are other potential great nfl safeties in rounds two and three but the most sure fire guarantee is landry. am i wrong? im too concerned with our defense giving up the deep ball last year, that cant happen this year as well. DE or FS. i am against peterson. we have norwood for the future and these trendy 'two featured backs' imo, are gonna fade. landry or gaines for the 8th pick.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys Greased the Texans on this trade....as a Texans fan it sucks.... you guys just robbed us...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
call the cops we just robbed the texans. We pretty much have landry if we want him at 8 and also if peterson gets by the browns we can get him.
we totally robbed them. schaub couldnt carry on a good drive against the eagles second and third stringers. blame the falcons wrs all you want but he isnt as great as he is hyped up to be. im so glad we got a great deal for him. great job mckay!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
AD is great. dont get me wrong. but we NEED landry! yeah there are other potential great nfl safeties in rounds two and three but the most sure fire guarantee is landry. am i wrong? im too concerned with our defense giving up the deep ball last year, that cant happen this year as well. DE or FS. i am against peterson. we have norwood for the future and these trendy 'two featured backs' imo, are gonna fade. landry or gaines for the 8th pick.

This draft is so stacked with Safties.....If AP is there at 8 I think it will be very hard to pass on him....We know that Petrino will take a RB in the 1st or 2nd but Mike Bush might be a reach for a early 2nd round pick.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mahnee

i hope we didn't pull another favre episode, but to receive this many picks for a backup qb w/o a single victory it's a steal. let's cross our fingers and hope we don't waste this year!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahnee View Post
i hope we didn't pull another favre episode, but to receive this many picks for a backup qb w/o a single victory it's a steal. let's cross our fingers and hope we don't waste this year!
COuldnt have said it better myself...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
You guys Greased the Texans on this trade....as a Texans fan it sucks.... you guys just robbed us...
I still feel that Schaub will be a good quarterback, but I don't know if he has more potential than Carr had.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
would this open the door for a carr to the raiders trade?
Well he can be our backup if he signs a backup contract if he is releassed, but I think we are goin Jamarcus ..... sleepless nights to come if he underachieves.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

wow i just woke up down here in Australia land. I cant belive it we finally traded him.... im soooo happy....we robbed them two
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happiest I've been for Atlanta in a while.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is this now 'official'? or still just really solid speculation?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

it's official as a trade, now schaub just needs to work out a contract with the Texans.

Fantastic deal for us. The no8 pick moves us ahead of two teams with similar needs (FS,OT). A high 2nd this year is great, and with all due respect to Schuab and the Texans, I'd be surprised if the 2nd next year wasn't fairly high too.

It's also quite good for me personally, since I like Schaub, and the Texans are my favourite AFC team (though I'm now kind of hoping they bomb next year...).