Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
He could go to Oakland with the fact Kiffin has close ties with Tedford and he was also Carr's QB coach for a year at Fresno State.
That is a distinct possibility. I'm petrified for what would happen to Carr under Houston's OLine, though...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
All the talk about the Texans moving up in the draft are now pretty much done, unless they are able to move Carr for a pick. Regardless, I don't think they would have made this deal without having some sort of tentative arrangement in place to move David Carr elsewhere. Teams in need of a QB are Oakland, KC, and Carolina.
I think Herm is happy with Huard and Croyle at least that is what he said in his last PC.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches and GM's say things all the time. Doesn't mean that the need for a young QB with starting experience, especially a former #1 overall pick, is not there. Carr still has potential, he is tough as nails, and he has skills when you give him time to throw.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-21-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Schaub not being traded for anything less than a 1st rounder? Where are all the Faclons fans burning things in the streets in an uproar? I could have sworn that I was told multiple times that I "didn't know what I was talking about" when I said they couldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

Humph.

Anyway, it's an interesting trade, but I wonder how much of an upgrade Schaub will be over Carr.

I'm more interested to see where Carr goes now. I would guess it could stretch out untill the draft is over, becuase teams that could be interested (Minnesota, Miami) most likely all have their sights set first on Brady Quinn.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think Herm is happy with Huard and Croyle at least that is what he said in his last PC.
What is he supposed to say?

Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes sense. Schaub will be perfect for what Kubiak wants, and will be a vast upgrade over David Carr. Meanwhile; the Falcons have a lot of needs, and depth concerns, at O-Line, DB, D-Line, that need young blood. It also crushes any of the reports that '07 was Vick's last year in Atlanta. Proving that it was just hot air, and baseless conjecture, that arouse from rumor mongers: Len Pasquarelli, PFT, Adam Schein, John Clayton, Chris Mortensen.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-21-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What is he supposed to say?
Believe what you want Herm is high on Croyle and will give him every chance to start.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Any word on money and how long?
No, Schefter just said that Schaub was "the long term answer, because the Texans have already signed him to a long-term contract".
Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So I wonder now where David Carr ends up.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Maybe Carr will be traded to Cleveland and Lions/Vikings draft Quinn.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Believe what you want Herm is high on Croyle and will give him every chance to start.
I liked Croyle a lot, even though he does look very frail.

Anyways, I'm not all that sure Schaub is such a huge upgrade over Carr, he'll have the same crappy O-line to work behind.

By the way... does this mean the Texans will most likely draft Levi Brown now?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Ok again, let's break down your coach speak. "Give him every chance to start". That means, if you don't suck, I won't bench you. Meaning that they're going to want some insurance. Whether that is simply Croyle or someone else I don't know and at this point neither do you, but I would say it's a possibility.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Ok again, let's break down your coach speak. "Give him every chance to start". That means, if you don't suck, I won't bench you. Meaning that they're going to want some insurance. Whether that is simply Croyle or someone else I don't know and at this point neither do you, but I would say it's a possibility.
We all ready have insurance in Huard.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

So they pass up drafting a kid who is seen as the second coming in the town of Houston saying that they don't need him yet they trade for a young quarterback less than a year later? No wonder the Texans suck.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did this mutate into a KC Chiefs debate?

Old 03-21-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
People think they know everything there is to know about all 32 teams when they really don't.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Atlanta got the best possible value for Schaub. There was no way he was resigning with the team after the season. They had to strike before the draft and all the rookies came into the league. A second round pick might be overpaying for Schaub. He hasn't done all THAT much in the NFL yet, but his potential is there, and he looked decent in his spot duty. He was a 4th rounder 3 years ago, and they got an early 2nd rounder in a decently deep draft this year. They can go get more OLine help, DLine help, or get a replacement for Schaub with that extra #2. If there is a player they love, they can also trade back into Round 1. I like the move for them.

Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
So I wonder now where David Carr ends up.
The Oakland mention wasn't a bad one, I thought. Al Davis has been wise in giving former 1st round picks, who have been disappointing elsewhere, a fresh start with his team where the world wasn't asked of them. And Carr just may be the ideal quarterback for Kiffin's offense, he's more accurate and throws a better deep ball than Brady Quinn but also potentially has a better head on his shoulders and work ethic concerns than Jamarcus Russell. Just as importantly: (1) Carr doesn't carry the price tag of either Quinn or Russell; and (2) Carr gives the rookie head coach Lane Kiffin a young veteran quarterback to immediately work with, as he tries to revamp the Raiders offense.

For a 4th round pick and two years' worth of base salaries which aren't too costly for a starting quarterback, it might be the best course of action for the Raiders.
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Jealous? jk. BTW I realize the falcons have a lot of needs but I can't help but feeling like Jenkins is going to be packaged with the extra ammo the falcons just picked up, and obviously a few other picks, and they make a play for CJ if he drops a little.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
We all ready have insurance in Huard.
Oh I misread. So Croyle is your man now? Wow. Rebuilding started earlier than I thought it would in KC.

Hello 6-10.

d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey hey hey. Check this out

Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

Pretty cool huh?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
What happened to Schaub not being traded for anything less than a 1st rounder? Where are all the Faclons fans burning things in the streets in an uproar? I could have sworn that I was told multiple times that I "didn't know what I was talking about" when I said they couldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

Humph.

Anyway, it's an interesting trade, but I wonder how much of an upgrade Schaub will be over Carr.

I'm more interested to see where Carr goes now. I would guess it could stretch out untill the draft is over, becuase teams that could be interested (Minnesota, Miami) most likely all have their sights set first on Brady Quinn.

Quote:
Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.
Add it up, and you end up with a accumulative value of a 1st round pick.

bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
People think they know everything there is to know about all 32 teams when they really don't.
As an FYI Splat, I am the one who first mentioned KC as a possible destination. I looked their way due to the fact that Croyle was a 4th rounder last year and that Huard is aging and may not be able to put up that production again. I never meant to say that it was a likely place Carr would go. To be fair, the fit isn't that horrendous if you think about it. Good running game, good OLine, decent weapons, acceptable coaching. If the Chiefs aren't sure that Croyle is the answer, getting Carr isn't a bad idea.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Daonly

Houston Swaps #8 for #10.. this years 2nd round and next years next #2 for Shaub.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
That makes more sense, thanks to the best info man in the business in Jay Glazer (I've said this many times before).