Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 01-17-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I don't like Julio but when it comes to need, you can't go wrong with either.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a big mistake to shift to a 43 defense and a rather poor draft to attempt find solid 43 prospects outside of undertackles. We ought to pay Ryan whatever he wants. Jauron/Wannstedt is more than a few steps backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I think it's a big mistake to shift to a 43 defense and a rather poor draft to attempt find solid 43 prospects outside of undertackles. We ought to pay Ryan whatever he wants. Jauron/Wannstedt is more than a few steps backward.
Ryan already inked as DC in Dallas. I don't want to switch to 4-3 as it'll take us a couple years to rework the front 7 instead of upgrading a few spots in the 3-4 in one good draft and FA.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is a fairly decent chance that we will be in a position to get Green instead of Jones. I can easily see the 5 teams drafting ahead of us passing on Green.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have serious doubts that Green falls to 6. If he does great, but guys who are arguably the best player in the draft don't fall out of the top 5 picks. If Carolina and Buffalo don't take him I think Cincy will barring something bizarre.

I hope we get Bowers or Quinn. With the switch to the 4-3 we need some pass rushers for serious.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Switching to a 43 almost certainly makes the pick DL, with the only exception being Green. I think Clayborn is the best fit but can't see us takin him that early. I'd be happy with Bowers though

Anyone else see Big Mike workin a little war room magic and tradin down a bit? I could also see a couple 'backers getting dealt for picks come d-day
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our draft position is a little "eh" for me...While I would love to go BPA and grab either Green, Peterson, Fairley or Bowers if one of them slips...If none of those guys slip though, that's when it goes "eh" for me...

I honestly don't know much about Quinn other than he was suspended for the year and he's a freak athlete. How's his motor? Freak athlete + nonstop motor usually = big things.

Dareus as our new UT would be amazing but that's Rogers bread and butter position. Rogers still has years left in him and is an elite UT.

I would love a trade down to acquire another pick and grab someone like Kerrigan.

RDE - Kerrigan
NT - Rubin
UT - Rogers
LDE - Roth

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Our draft position is a little "eh" for me...While I would love to go BPA and grab either Green, Peterson, Fairley or Bowers if one of them slips...If none of those guys slip though, that's when it goes "eh" for me...

I honestly don't know much about Quinn other than he was suspended for the year and he's a freak athlete. How's his motor? Freak athlete + nonstop motor usually = big things.

Dareus as our new UT would be amazing but that's Rogers bread and butter position. Rogers still has years left in him and is an elite UT.

I would love a trade down to acquire another pick and grab someone like Kerrigan.

RDE - Kerrigan
NT - Rubin
UT - Rogers
LDE - Roth
I would be down for Quinn. Which means all five of those players would have to be drafted in the top 5 for the Browns not to get any of them so I'm not too worried. At that point there might be high demand for the #6 point for one of the quarterbacks. I can almost guarantee one of the QBs will move up during workouts to warrant a top 5 pick which will make it easy to trade out of.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
footballfan098
Rookie

footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.

Hey guys, I am doing a mock draft and my team is the Cleveland Browns and just wanted to get an idea of the types of picks would be best for the team.

The biggest needs to me are WR/RT/DE/OLB.

I traded down to 9 and then again to 13. I am still in front of STL and am planning on taking Julio. (The top pass rushers are all gone).
I am picking:

What type of players would ya'll like based on the picks I have?
Appreciate the feedback.
footballfan098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan098 View Post
Hey guys, I am doing a mock draft and my team is the Cleveland Browns and just wanted to get an idea of the types of picks would be best for the team.

The biggest needs to me are WR/RT/DE/OLB.

I traded down to 9 and then again to 13. I am still in front of STL and am planning on taking Julio. (The top pass rushers are all gone).
I am picking:

What type of players would ya'll like based on the picks I have?
Appreciate the feedback.
Well, with the 4-3 we're going to have a need for a MLB and a need for a DE.

On the offensive side, I don't think offensive line is that big of a need. Lauvao had a high ankle sprain and just lost a lot of time, there was talk of him being an opening day starter. Pashos played RT amazing just not for long ending up on IR. Yates is a very serviceable player that can play guard and center. Womack is also a very good player, played great when he didn't have St. Claire next to him and he can play the right side (guard or tackle).

So for Offensive line, I guess you can pencil in:
LT Thomas
LG Steinbach
C Mack
RG Womack
RT Pashos

We have a promising 2nd year guy in Lauvao who can compete for the RG job. We have a guy who played well for us as a spot starter before he himself ended up on IR in Yates. I think we just need another guy for depth and not a "starter" per say.

We need a wideout, but we don't need another #2 guy. We need a legit #1 WR. I know a lot of people think Julio Jones will be a better pro than he was a college wideout but a big physical guy with questionable hands...Hopefully he has a better personality than Braylon =\. Massaquoi is very capable of being our #2. Stuckey was playing well for us. Robiskie, well, who knows. He started to come along last season but at other times you wouldn't even know he was active.

I'm really high on Ryan Kerrigan - DE from Purdue but the best bet is to go BPA as all the injuries last year showed us, we have no depth.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Our position at 6 doesn't bother me. I feel there are about 6-7 premier guys in the draft. Between Cincy and AZ I expect a QB taken which would push one more guy down the board.

Those guys are:

Fairley, DT
Dareus, DT
Peterson, CB/S
Green, WR
Bowers, DE
Quinn, DE
Amukamura, CB

If Gabbert/Cam Newton/Locker somehow sneak up into 4 or 5 we'd have our pick of two of those guys. Frankly, I'd love Dareus, Bowers, Quinn, or Peterson. We just don't have the luxury of taking a WR when guys like that are on the board. Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Tampa Mike Williams, can be found later. The best WRs in the league, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson are all buried on non-playoff teams.

IMO theres a big drop off after that when you start to get into Julio Jones, Von Miller, etc and some guys who will rise up the board late like there always are.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I disagree with not taking a WR, in our spot you take best player available regardless. Green might be the best player in the draft (he or Peterson IMO) and Fitz hasn't been buried that long, he did play in the Super Bowl.

Also, Cameron Jordan is going to shoot up draft boards, kid looks amazing at the senior bowl. I've read reports that he'll go earlier than his former teammate Alualu.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:18 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Von Miller or Cam Jordan at #9? Both had impressive Senior Bowls and fit your new 4-3 defense.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What do you guys think about Von Miller or Cam Jordan at #9? Both had impressive Senior Bowls and fit your new 4-3 defense.
At 9? sure. What happened at 6 though?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
footballfan098
Rookie

footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.footballfan098 is a cocksman.

j05son thanks for the feedback, I did end up going BPA the whole way and ended up filling needs along the way

1.13 Julio Jones
2.5 Stephen Paea
2.11 Kyle Rudolph
3.11 Mason Foster
3.21 Jabaal Sheard

Would ya'll be happy with that?
footballfan098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
j05son thanks for the feedback, I did end up going BPA the whole way and ended up filling needs along the way

1.13 Julio Jones
2.5 Stephen Paea
2.11 Kyle Rudolph
3.11 Mason Foster
3.21 Jabaal Sheard

That's pretty solid. You got BPA and it happened to coincide with need too (besides Rudolph, since TE isn't really a need). I can dig it.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

1.13 Julio Jones
2.5 Stephen Paea
2.11 Kyle Rudolph
3.11 Mason Foster
3.21 Jabaal Sheard

=]

I'm not a Jones fan but I understand the pick and it's great value.
Love Paea in the second. Who else was doing these mocks that Paea went to the 2nd round!
I like the Foster pick as well. Don't know anything about Sheard.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

With Rogers getting cut I can see Fairley or Dareus definitely in the mix now, before it was a maybe.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see how different sites and draft analysts rank the players after the Combine, but I can't imagine Patrick Peterson, Nick Fairley, and Da'quan Bowers not being in the top 5 on virtually everyone's board. And more importantly on team's boards when they draw them up by draft day.

And considering how hyped up QB's get by Kiper and others, I wouldn't be shocked to see both Gabbert and Newton drafted in the top 5. If they do well at the Combine, Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Arizona could all be interested. I doubt Mallett will be considered, but that's a possibility as well. Also wonder if Denver would consider a QB. Doubtful, but another possibility.

Best case scenario for the Browns obviously would be to see two or three QB's drafted in the top 5. If two are drafted that leaves some good prospects for Cleveland:

1) RB Mark Ingram - Only player in the draft I'd rather have is CB Patrick Peterson. But would they take him with Hillis and Hardesty on the team? I'd hope so, but with needing so much on defense they may not want to take a RB.

2) WR A.J. Green - Would he help the Browns? Sure would, but I personally think he's just a little overrated. A very good WR, but I'm not convinced he's the next Calvin Johnson. And keep in mind something Mike Holmgren said in one of his press conferences. He mentioned he likes our WR's, and thinks they didn't get enough touches to make plays. Also said he's used to attacking more towards the sidelines in the passing game rather than the middle of the field like Mangini/Daboll were doing at the time. I doubt WR will be the position they'll chose to draft, unless they feel Green is undoubtedly the best player by far left to chose from.

3) DL Marcell Dareus - Would not be my choice. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see him as a top 6 talent. Hope I'm wrong because odds are we'll draft him or Quinn.

4) DE Robert Quinn - I'm not a scout so maybe that's why I don't see what others do in him. Depending on how seriously teams consider his supposed character concerns, he could fall out of the top 10. Interviews he has at the Combine will weigh heavily.

5) WR Julio Jones - Would be unhappy with this pick. Really would. Maybe I'm being unfair saying certain players are overrated when for the most part I've only seen highlights of some of these guys and little of their actual games, not to mention as fans we don't get to watch coaches tape, but Jones doesn't appear to be a top 6 talent to me. Hopefully the Bengals will draft him at #4.

6) LB Von Miller - I've heard him described as a 3-4 OLB. Haven't seen enough of him to say myself, but from what I do know would be a reach at number 6 anyway.

7) CB Prince Amukarama - Another player I may be missing something on. Doesn't look that fast to me when compared to Patrick Peterson.

8) DE Ryan Kerrigan - Would be great for the Browns. Some players are just football players, meaning their mentality sets them apart. Players like Ed Reed, Troy Palomalu (sic?), etc. In this draft Kerrigan, Ingram, Fairley, and Bowers seem to have that type of mindset. Just good tough players.

If something happens the Browns have Cam Newton and/or Blaine Gabbert available at #6 it'll be interesting to see if they draft them. And there's always a possibility of trading down.

Jeff
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

I would poop in a box and send it to Tom Heckert if he drafted Mark Ingram. No reason they would draft Mark Ingram at #6. He's not even an elite prospect and Heckert drafted his guy in Hardesty and Hillis had a pro-bowl caliber year. There are way too many needs besides Mark Ingram who isn't even close to BPA.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Heckert would appreciate that much. hah..Anyway, I recommend watching 'Ultimate Mark Ingram highlights' on youtube. He doesn't have Adrian Peterson speed, but then again who does, however he's fast enough and breaks a fair amount of tackles. Runs hard. Guess I just like his style of running and the fact he's built tough enough to take some blows.

Will he be the highest ranked player on the Browns board when they pick? Probably not, but right now he'd be number 4 on mine if I had the power to draft players. Fairley, Bowers, and Peterson are the only ones I'd put ahead of him, and I'm not 100% certain about Peterson only because I haven't seen enough of him.

Problem with Hardesty is the injury history. Hillis can't take all those carries like he did this past season. I realize he wont anyway because they'll be passing more, but still he needs to share duties to avoid getting worn down too much or hurt.

But I do agree they'll concentrate on other positions, namely on defense in the first round.

Checked out Wikipedia a little while ago to review past NFL drafts. Interesting which players ended up Pro Bowlers, and which didn't. The Pro Bowlers were spread out pretty evenly throughout the 1st round. For example for the 2009 draft there have already been 5 Pro Bowlers - players drafted at 13, 15, 21 (Alex Mack), 22, and 26.

From the 2005 draft 10 1st rounders have become pro bowlers, in the other rounds a combined 13, plus 7 undrafted rookies.

It's basically a crapshoot in the first round especially. Bottomline, teams need to find out which players actually want to play the game for the love of it and have a tough enough mindset to be successful, and which players are more interested in the money and living the high life.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I doubt Heckert would appreciate that much. hah..Anyway, I recommend watching 'Ultimate Mark Ingram highlights' on youtube. He doesn't have Adrian Peterson speed, but then again who does, however he's fast enough and breaks a fair amount of tackles. Runs hard. Guess I just like his style of running and the fact he's built tough enough to take some blows.

Will he be the highest ranked player on the Browns board when they pick? Probably not, but right now he'd be number 4 on mine if I had the power to draft players. Fairley, Bowers, and Peterson are the only ones I'd put ahead of him, and I'm not 100% certain about Peterson only because I haven't seen enough of him.

Problem with Hardesty is the injury history. Hillis can't take all those carries like he did this past season. I realize he wont anyway because they'll be passing more, but still he needs to share duties to avoid getting worn down too much or hurt.

But I do agree they'll concentrate on other positions, namely on defense in the first round.

Checked out Wikipedia a little while ago to review past NFL drafts. Interesting which players ended up Pro Bowlers, and which didn't. The Pro Bowlers were spread out pretty evenly throughout the 1st round. For example for the 2009 draft there have already been 5 Pro Bowlers - players drafted at 13, 15, 21 (Alex Mack), 22, and 26.

From the 2005 draft 10 1st rounders have become pro bowlers, in the other rounds a combined 13, plus 7 undrafted rookies.

It's basically a crapshoot in the first round especially. Bottomline, teams need to find out which players actually want to play the game for the love of it and have a tough enough mindset to be successful, and which players are more interested in the money and living the high life.
I just don't see why you would spend a #6 overall pick on a runningback which isn't a huge position for a rebuilding team, especially when the player isn't considered an elite prospect. Reggie Bush was one of the few runningbacks to be considered a top pick and it didn't really pan out. Adrian Peterson was drafted 7th overall and he was considered to be one of the best pure runningbacks to come out in years.

I would pick any of those other guys on your list over Ingram.

I don't know how you can say it's more of a crapshoot in the first. That's 10 out of the first round and 13 over the next 6, which is just over 2 pro bowlers per round. I would take the crapshoot in the first round over the later rounds.

And as a sidenote, the more I look at the roster, the more I realize that the Browns might need a corner.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

Honestly, I doubt the Browns will consider RB in the 1st round, and believe the focus will be on D-line, unless Peterson falls to 6.

I wasn't clear enough in what I was saying about the pro bowlers being spread out - I meant 1st round selections only. Early 1st compared to mid-first and late-first rounders. Threw in the pro bowlers from other rounds and rookie UFA's mainly because I found it interesting so many undrafted players made the pro bowl from one particular draft.

More than anything, my point is I want to see players drafted who have the right mindset, and not become what many felt Gerard Warren became once he had 'Big Money'. Hard thing to evaluate, but I can tell you before they were drafted I was sure Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu were going to be very good and dedicated to their teams.

As far as this draft goes, the players I worry we'll end up with is based on over-hyped talent not character concerns. WR A.J. Green reminds me a little of MoMass more than what the supposed best WR since Calvin Johnson should play like. Julio Jones isn't talented enough to be drafted high either in my opinion. The other player that seems to be over-hyped from what I can tell is QB Blaine Gabbert. If the Browns select one of them I'll be disappointed.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
P01ntb1ank
Rookie

P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.

After the recent cuts that have taken place, I just don't see how we don't take one of the top 4 DL prospects. Out of the four of them, I think Bowers would be the best fit but I don't really see him falling to us. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cam Jordan or JJ Watt make a Tyson Alualu jump into the conversation come draft day.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

The 1st round will be loaded with DL selected the way it looks now. Cam Jordan is getting noticed and may very well be a top 10 pick. Personally I'm more impressed with Kerrigan than JJ Watt, and guessing he'll be a top 10-12 pick. The Browns certainly need DL, so wont complain if they draft one in the 1st.