Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ridiculous. Could you imagine if Michael Vick, another former 1st overall pick, never had Alge Crumpler? And at least the Falcons spent two 1st round picks on wide receivers, and also traded for Ashley Lelie, which is more than the Texans could ever say. Nevermind the Falcons' actually having a running game to depend on.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
To be fair, pal, I'm not certain that Schaub is going to be any better than Carr. Sure, he's a new guy in town, but what has he ever really proven? Nothing more than Carr. Fractional TD/INT ratio, unimpressive passer rating. He brings potential and hope, but no guarantee of anything other than a lot of money in his bank account...

All I can say is I know he's better. They just had to do something. To continue with carr was saying 'we really are not looking to ever compete'. I have some small reservations about Schaub but he is not in a bad situation really. He floated a few bad passes last year but if you go by what ATL fans say, the WR's there are horrid. I saw some bad passes, but who doesn't throw some. He would have been far worse off in Oakland or Minn. Oak REALLY has no o-line. Minn has horrid WR's. I think he can win them games that carr could never even imagine winning.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
Where does David Carr fit? I know I'm gonna get trashed for this comment, but...... Chicago, he's better than Rex and could compete there.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you think Carr can put the ball on teh money for Berrian 40 yards downfield? He couldn't for AJ. Berrian is no Andre Johnson either. You just want to dink and dunk the ball? Carr is your man then. But you won't win games. Better hope that D can put up points.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Rodgers is dealt to OAK, how about GB?
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please go to the Browns, i'd rather play him twice year than Brady quinn plus clevelands line isn't much better than the texans, Steinbach or not

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Id love for carr to go to Green Bay, I think hes a good QB, just had his career messed up at houston ala Patrick Ramsey. I think he could learn and then replace favre and possibly allows us to shop Rodgers, although i still love Rodgers as he reminds me of our former QB(Junior College)
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
liquidswords
Rookie

liquidswords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO, he should be a back-up for Carolina. Delhomme is on thin ice over there, he would have a good oppurtunity to resurect his career with a good team.

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55
liquidswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Id love for carr to go to Green Bay, I think hes a good QB, just had his career messed up at houston ala Patrick Ramsey. I think he could learn and then replace favre and possibly allows us to shop Rodgers, although i still love Rodgers as he reminds me of our former QB(Junior College)
Carr is a proven loser. Not that I think Rogers is a winner, but I know Carr is not. With Carr, there is no such thing as a downfield passing game. Keith Bollock of the Titans said so. He was qouted as saying Carr was no threat to beat them. He just dinks and dunks and can't beat you deep. He is 100% right.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Minny.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah I could definetely see the Raiders making a move for him. There should be a decent market for Carr and Id expect the Texans will get a day 2 pick for him.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can be a backup in Dallas.

But I think he should start leading the charge for a new NFL team in Los Angeles.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dont brees need a backup?
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

He wood fit in the canaydean leeg! lol
Old 03-21-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I imagine that he would make a highly sought after backup. Good backup quarterbacks are becoming more important and more difficult to find. Someone like Carr with a good 5 seasons of starting under his belt will get himself lots of attention I'm sure.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

It's hard for me to believe Gary Kubiak and Al Davis would do a trade.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Oakland please.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It will either be Oakland or a team that is in need of a backup like Saints, Minnestoa etc....

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he goes to a good team. I always felt bad for him, everyone here in Houston bashed him day in and day out. I really think we've ruined him beyond repair. I hope we trade him to the Panthers so he can throw to Smitty, or to the Seahawks. I'm probably the only one on here who thinks Andre Johnson is overrated. He didn't do much after the catch last year and he dropped a lot of crucial passes. I'm so sick of Texans management.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No where. David Carr is most likely a backup qb anywhere. Enough of the oline excuses. Carr is to blame for alot of the sacks as well. Watch the Texans play then come back to me. He has no fire, he has no leadership. He's very content on checking down and not losing the game, and having someone else to blame for the losses. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He doesn't go out and try to win games.

The excuses need to end. David Carr is simply not that good of a qb.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
David Carr for the Raiders 4th round pick
then calvin johnson in the 1st

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No where. David Carr is most likely a backup qb anywhere. Enough of the oline excuses. Carr is to blame for alot of the sacks as well. Watch the Texans play then come back to me. He has no fire, he has no leadership. He's very content on checking down and not losing the game, and having someone else to blame for the losses. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He doesn't go out and try to win games.

The excuses need to end. David Carr is simply not that good of a qb.
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Someone else has watched this guy masquerade as a QB far too long.

Put Carr in oakland and just make sure you have the ambulance ready...and a body bag.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Someone else has watched this guy masquerade as a QB far too long.

Put Carr in oakland and just make sure you have the ambulance ready...and a body bag.
Yup. Are you a Texans fan? Im sure Texans fans can back us up on this. If you watch him play, you see that he was simply not a good player.

Its no coincidence that when the backup qb went in the game, sacks went down and points went up.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I hope he goes to a good team. I always felt bad for him, everyone here in Houston bashed him day in and day out. I really think we've ruined him beyond repair. I hope we trade him to the Panthers so he can throw to Smitty, or to the Seahawks. I'm probably the only one on here who thinks Andre Johnson is overrated. He didn't do much after the catch last year and he dropped a lot of crucial passes. I'm so sick of Texans management.
I would say you are the only one. Andre does drop catchable balls but he has also been handcuffed since his entry into the league. This year we will see Andre score some big TD's. Not this dink and dunk crap, where he has to make a big play from a 5 yard pass.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yup. Are you a Texans fan? Im sure Texans fans can back us up on this. If you watch him play, you see that he was simply not a good player.

Its no coincidence that when the backup qb went in the game, sacks went down and points went up.
Andre Johnson fan. I've posted that repeatedly here and elsewhere and anyone who blames the o-line instantly diasappears from the conversation.

Once again, it goes like this. Week 8 vs TENN. Keith Bollock comments 'Carr is not a threat to beat us'.

Stat line, each playing 1/2.
PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
S.Rosenfels 25 18 186 0/0 3 28 1 116.0
D.Carr 21 15 113 4/20 0 17 1 64.2

Say what you want but if the O-line was so bad, how did Rosenfels not get sacked? He only ran 1 time. Same as Carr.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Miami is very intersted in obtaining Trent Green, so perhaps Carr could be a fallback option for them, though I'm not sure that Carr is what Cameron looks for in a quarterback. But, the only way it looks like he'll be traded is if he restructures his deal, otherwise, he could just be released.

Tough break for Carr. It's hard coming into an expansion situation as a rookie and being annointed right away. Carr can ask Kerry Collins or Tim Couch how that worked out for them.