Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Fleener is a local kid from my area, attended Joliet Catholic High School, which is a top HS program in Illinois.

He had a huge game against Virginia Tech last night. He has great size at 6'6"/245 as well as good speed and athleticism.

My question is does Fleener have pro potential? If so where is his stock right now?

I believe he is a redshirt junior, so he could leave early this year if he wanted to.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, great player, I think he's the biggest mismatch in college football right now. According to some of his teammates, he's one of the fastest players on the team and it shows, he moves so well for a huge guy, and has great agility and body control as well. He's my #1 TE without a doubt ahead of Egnew. Maybe the next Jason Witten?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a great catch last night - that one handed TD catch. He should be a weapon at the next level. This isn't the strongest TE class, he is clearly the best TE prospect, I could see him going in the second round.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would normally say he benefits from having Andrew Luck throwing to him but this guy is the real deal. If he can run well at the combine he should be no less than a mid-second round pick. Doesnt look quite as physical as a Rob Gronkowski but could give you that same down the field option.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy is a legitimate first round talent and the best TE prospect in the past two years. I look forward to watching him in his last game tonight.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This guy is a legitimate first round talent and the best TE prospect in the past two years. I look forward to watching him in his last game tonight.
Great range but need to see how physical he is at the line of scrimmage. By the way are Gronkowski and Graham in that mentioned 2 year window?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I loved the hell out of Gronkowski and I liked Gresham even more, but you might be right here. I've been nothing but impressed every single time I've seen Fleener. I think he's got a legitimate chance to go between 26-32 come April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Great range but need to see how physical he is at the line of scrimmage. By the way are Gronkowski and Graham in that mentioned 2 year window?
Gronkowski was a beast but was injured for the year with an ACL (i think?) his last year at Arizona. Graham only played one year of college football and I don't even think he started for that year. Both certainly better NFL players than they were prospects.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I loved the hell out of Gronkowski and I liked Gresham even more, but you might be right here. I've been nothing but impressed every single time I've seen Fleener. I think he's got a legitimate chance to go between 26-32 come April.
By the last two years I meant 2011 and 2012.

Unfortunately for him, it seems as if every team picking near the end of the first already has a very good TE.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the last two years I meant 2011 and 2012.

Unfortunately for him, it seems as if every team picking near the end of the first already has a very good TE.
With how much Harbaugh uses tight ends I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners take him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
With how much Harbaugh uses tight ends I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners take him.
I like it a lot. Obviously the Harbaugh connection and the system fit but with the success the Patriots are having, I expect more teams to look towards two TE passing attack as a substitute for 3 wide sets. The 49ers are pretty thin at WR but they could compensate because Vernon and Fleener both have the ability to play inline, out wide or in the slot so it gives them a lot of versatility.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cat's outta the bag now. He's fringe first rounder for sure.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Fleener as a blocker? I haven't seen him block really so I can't make a complete assessment of him as a TE.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Fleener a lot. I hope the Chiefs can land him or Dwayne Allen. Complete package TE.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
How's Fleener as a blocker? I haven't seen him block really so I can't make a complete assessment of him as a TE.
I think Fleener is a decent blocker, but he's not in the Gronkowski category. He has the size and strength to develop as a blocker and I fully expect him to do that. I'm a huge Fleener fan and I've had him higher than Allen pretty much the whole way through. Heck, if he falls I want the Patriots to grab him just due to value that's how much I like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fleener to ATL in the 2nd.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote