Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2006, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cook with indirect heat and take your time. Grilling isn't a race its an art, a passion if you will. Take your time and you'll be glad you did.

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Grillmasters unite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
If you are a grillmaster (even if it's self appointed) share your secrets here!

Cooking over open flame is about the only way I know.

I can tell you that the #1 secret to becoming a grillmaster is marinade. It will take anything to a whole new level! Of course, there are a million different marinades out there so you have to know what you're going for.

And then there's the age long debate; charcoal or propane?

I like the taste of charcoal but I use propane at the moment because of convenience. When I have the money and room though, I want to get a Big Green Egg. They're supposed to be the shhitttteeeee. :)
I prefer charcoal but BBQ with gas for the most part...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 AM    (permalink

i like charcoal
Old 06-14-2006, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is a good website for grilling.

http://www.bbqu.net/

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:10 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i prefer charcoal...last summer i had a charcoal grill, and i don't wanna brag, but i mastered the damn thing. i had it down.

for a wedding present, my wife's uncles pitched in and got us an amazing gas grill. its really a thing of beauty. but i haven't quite mastered it yet....never owned a gas grill before and it takes some getting used to.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I moved into my first place with a deck a few weeks ago, and the first thing I bought was one of the new Weber's with the little pitcher thing that catches all the ash. It is pretty sweet, i've probably grilled out at least 7 or 8 times already.

One question I have is should you cook your meat with the top of the grill up or down? Does it even matter? I've experimented with both but I haven't noticed much of a difference yet, except when I leave the top down for a few minutes the meat will occassionally stick to the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually grill on low heat with the top down since I prefer my meat to be cooked all the way through. It takes longer, but it works for me.

I don't know if having the top up or down really matters except for how well done you want something cooked. Not really sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

as far as i can tell, top down is better at lower temp, because it holds the heat in and cooks through better. at higher heats the top being down will help prevent flare ups on most grills.

*shrug* i cook top down because i think it helps keep the middle of the meat cooking at relatively the same rate as the outside.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 PM    (permalink

Having the top down creates convection as I recall, makes for more even cooking.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Having the top down creates convection as I recall, makes for more even cooking.
assuming, of course, you have a worthwhile grill.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Vince, I prefer charcoal but use propane due to convience.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta be top down.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
I got a new propane one recently, works pretty well.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i want to get one of those huge built in ones.

something like this.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
that price was crazy...you get get a decent gas grill for a few hundred.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My secret is slowcooking...the longer you cook it the better it tastes. Charcoal>gas

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
that price was crazy...you get get a decent gas grill for a few hundred.
sure, but why eat spam when you could have prime rib?

(currently, i can afford neither)
Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
Wow, its so pretty. but 7,200? Damn thats expensive, I couldnt afford to put any meat on there if I bought that sucker.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
Wow, its so pretty. but 7,200? Damn thats expensive, I couldnt afford to put any meat on there if I bought that sucker.
ha..seriously! :shock: It truely is a thing of beauty though.

I think I'll stcik to my dream of someday getting a big green egg grill, they're much more reasonable and are suppossed to work great (and last forever).

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
who buys meat? eat your neighbor.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

something like this.
who buys meat? eat your neighbor.
Id rather eat my neighbor's dog, although I would need about 12-15 of them to even fill me up. I hate those dogs.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

little yippy things?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

mean shish kabobs on the grill

chop or slice bite sized chunks of

beef or chicken
zucchini
mushrooms
red onion
pineapple
grape tomatos
potatos (might need to be boiled or nuked first to soften somewhat)
bell peppers (red,yellow,green)
(anything else you like!)

marinate all of this for a few hours (atleast) in a good balsamic vinaigrette.

Cook covered on low heat until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender, then flame up the grill to crispify everything a little bit. Season to taste with garlic salt and lemon pepper.

They're extremely easy to make and taste delicious. At parties you can let people make up their own custom skewers with whatever stuff they like. It's pretty cheap also.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
little yippy things?

Yes, *cringe*.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

all right i could tell just by reading all these, non of you are actually grill master. Carcol in the little biscits, thats rookie material, me being grill master JR. knows that if you really want to go for flavor, there is a actual realwood charcol. It's called Cowboy Brand Realwood Charcol. That stuff is the real deal. If you guys even need a killer recipe for an amazing shredded chicken sandwich just ask me some time. I even made my own logo for it.