Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If PSU had better QB play, they'd be a lot better. I hate Jay Pa.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't looked at their schedules to see of it would all work out, but if they still play Nebraska and beat them, and Michigan State loses one more it can happen.

Never said it was likely, just possible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If PSU had better QB play, they'd be a lot better. I hate Jay Pa.
Yeah, this is REALLY frustrating.

Penn State has a very good defense, excellent RB in Silas Redd, solid O-Line and a deep corps of WRs. But the QB position is really dragging this team down.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would even take Anthony Morrelli at this point.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Yeah, this is REALLY frustrating.

Penn State has a very good defense, excellent RB in Silas Redd, solid O-Line and a deep corps of WRs. But the QB position is really dragging this team down.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would even take Anthony Morrelli at this point.
I've been thinking the same thing all season. I never would have guessed that all of the 4-star recruits we were bringing in would bust this bad but then again, JayPa is our "QB coach."

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't even have confidence in these guys to execute a screen pass.

Penn State has several guys (Redd, Smith, Green, Drake and Brown) that can turn a simple screen into a big gain, but it's not getting used at all.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well it didn't take long for the old Buckeye fans to come back.
I'd venture to say that of the two THE Ohio State University has proven more than Penn State this year. They are WAY over ranked having not beaten a ranked team yet, I imagine when its all said and done they won't even be in the top 25.

As far as THE Ohio State University's chances of making the Big Ten championship game, I'd say its pretty likely, we have to play a 1 win Indiana football team at home, a 4-4 Purdue team on the rode, and Penn state in The Shoe. The team from up north is another team that I think is pretty overrated having not proven much other than maybe beating ND whom I find suspect to begin with. The Game will be in the big house but I'm fairly confident we can come out with the win. This would give us the advantage over everyone else in the Leaders division and we would likely play Nebraska again in the Championship game, however this time we will have "Boom" and Posey back and hopefully Miller won't go down again. Seeing as we lost by one touchdown last time, I'd say The Ohio State Univeristy could come out smelling like... Roses :P

As far as "the old Buckeye fans coming back," I sure as **** hope your not implying that we are fair weather fans...

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm as big a fan as anyone, but if anyone who has watched the Buckeyes really feels they will win the Big Ten, I'd be surprised. Buckeyes aren't ready for that quite yet. Even if they win out, it isn't a guarantee, and I'd bet we drop one to PSU or UM

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't missed a game yet, not sure what there is to doubt? With the exception of the Miami game when we had Bauserman at QB and almost none of our suspended players back, we have only lost two big ten games by a combined 10 points. One of which I firmly believe that we could have won had our QB (the good one) not gone down.

Yes The Game will be a tough road game but their only big win against a "good" team is against ND at home whose validity as a "good" team is highly doubted by this fan. Plus, with all the players coming back now (Posey being the last to come back) will be a much improved team over the games in which we have lost.

Penn state is a team poised to fall. Almost losing to Illinois last week at home is further proof that they are a much more average team than their top 25 ranking would lead you to believe. Also we play them at home.

We could talk about winning in the championship game but we don't know who would represent the Legends side should we make it. I believe it will be the cornhuskers personally, and you can see my thoughts on that one in my last post.

Furthermore, we are in a good position to do so, so why is it doubtable?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who are fair weather fans? PSU fans. Pathetic attendance this season especially vs Illinois.

They apparently are only good at throwing bags of pee at osu band members.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osu will win out as long as miller stays healthy. No team is scary. Psu osu game may end up with a score of 3-2.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I'd venture to say that of the two THE Ohio State University has proven more than Penn State this year. They are WAY over ranked having not beaten a ranked team yet, I imagine when its all said and done they won't even be in the top 25.

As far as THE Ohio State University's chances of making the Big Ten championship game, I'd say its pretty likely, we have to play a 1 win Indiana football team at home, a 4-4 Purdue team on the rode, and Penn state in The Shoe. The team from up north is another team that I think is pretty overrated having not proven much other than maybe beating ND whom I find suspect to begin with. The Game will be in the big house but I'm fairly confident we can come out with the win. This would give us the advantage over everyone else in the Leaders division and we would likely play Nebraska again in the Championship game, however this time we will have "Boom" and Posey back and hopefully Miller won't go down again. Seeing as we lost by one touchdown last time, I'd say The Ohio State Univeristy could come out smelling like... Roses :P

As far as "the old Buckeye fans coming back," I sure as **** hope your not implying that we are fair weather fans...
No, you just stopped being cocky assholes for 10 seconds. It seemed wrong.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No, you just stopped being cocky assholes for 10 seconds. It seemed wrong.
You minnehaha fans are so cute when you are snarky.

Love that new Jerry Kill 7-year contract. He's a good one.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, this thread has become lively all of a sudden.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I didn't mean that as an insult. I'm operating under the assumption that Buckeye fans wear that badge with honor.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Here are all the scenarios:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...o-indianapolis
Old 10-31-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'm as big a fan as anyone, but if anyone who has watched the Buckeyes really feels they will win the Big Ten, I'd be surprised. Buckeyes aren't ready for that quite yet. Even if they win out, it isn't a guarantee, and I'd bet we drop one to PSU or UM
after the miami and michigan state debacles it seemed impossible...even after the nebraska 4th quarter collapse....but truth is the big ten isn't that good this year and with the divisions now you only need to win one division to get a shot at a conference title, so really Ohio State just needs to finish ahead of Wisconsin and Penn State this year to get a shot at the title game. Michigan, MSU and Nebraska's standing in the conference has no bearing on OSU which is a major plus to them having lost their first two league games.

I think that the defense is playing well enough that with Boom and Adams on the offense now and Miller seeming to be progressing and being more comfortable it isn't that big of a stretch to say the Buckeyes have a decent shot to win the title. I for one think they'll win their games and go to Indy (penn state and michigan aren't that great despite their records imo) - though the odds of us winning out AND winning the Championship game are kinda slim. Having more talent on the team than any other big ten team, albeit undevelped and young for the most part, is a big reason why this could happen.

I think DeVier Posey is gonna be back by the Michigan game if I'm not mistaken. That game looks like it should have some big implications.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

@bearsfan (sorry cant quote on my phone for some reason) haha this is true. we had nothing to be cocky about. truth be told, at the beginning of the season, (especially after miami) I would never homered in my wildest dreams that we would be sitting here.

however, we find ourselves here now and i am indeed optomistic about our chances.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

on another note: im quite optomistic about our future. never thought i would be after the whole fiasco but with Miller looking promising as a freshman along with some other emerging young talent. i think we should be back to form by next year. hell we might make a rose bowl appearance this year, not bad considering the circumstances (if it all goes down this way, i understand itmay not, but heres hoping)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would be insane if ohio state won out and made the rose bowl....though stanford or oregon would destroy this team we have. I mean our starting QB and our best WR are both true freshmen.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Default THE Ohio State University Buckeyes final push thread

A lot of talk in the Big 10 thread today was about THE Ohio State University Buckeyes and their chances to make a late Big 10 championship push, Rose Bowl birth etc.

So I figured I'd unclog the other thread and unite Buckeye nation in the final push of the season, giving us a place to post thoughts about our remaining games, after thoughts and discuss any other topics about the Buckeyes for the remainder of the season:

Remaining schedule:
11/5 Indiana 12:00
11/12 @ Purdue 12:00
11/19 Penn State TBD
11/26 The Game @ the big house TBD

Break Down:

Indiana: This ones pretty simple. At home, Indiana has won only one game this year, should be easy disposed of.

@Purdue: Fairly confident as the Boilermakers are 4-4. The game is on the road however we beat a much better Illini team on the road so this one should be a lock

Penn State: People in the Big ten thread claiming we could lose to these guys, I just don't see it. We are at home, Penn state has lost to its only challenging opponent this year and by all accounts should be out of the top 25 come seasons end.

The Game @ the big house: Some say this is our biggest stumbling block. However, I see the team from up north as only being slightly better than Penn State, the only team that they have on their resume is ND and thats not saying much. Should be a good test of Braxton Miller's resolve on the road but he will have a true #1 target gained in the return of Devier Posey (actually back for the Penn State Game).

The Big ten Championship game in this scenario would likely be played against Nebraska as they have the advantage over Michigan State and the team from up north would essentially be eliminated by us beating them.

Our previous game against them was a 7 point loss and Miller went down early putting Bauserman (now 3rd string) in the game. We also did not have "Boom" or Posey for those games which we would for this game, I'd venture to say those guys alone and Miller not going down would give us more than the 7 points needed in that last game. Not that It would definitely play out this way again but I am quite confident we would have a good chance.

Topics of discussion: (feel free to bring up others)

Luke Fickell's first year as head coach? How long does he stay Head Coach? Future Coach wish list should you think Fickell isn't the answer at head coach?

who we would play should we make it to the rose bowl/how it would pan out

How does our future look?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Thought I might create a new thread for all this Buckeye talk:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...29#post2732229

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Where have you been all season? Why weren't you posting all season, but just started again now that OSU has beaten 1 good team and 1 decent team?

B. This doesn't deserve it's own thread, that's what the Big Ten thread is for.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather the Buckeyes just lose out so Fickell does not convince them in anyway to keep him at HC.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State doesn't need their own thread when there is already some very good discussion going on in the Big 10 thread involving OSU and the rest of the Legends and Leaders.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

So its ok for Miami http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...php?t=10131and and florida state http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44765
to have a thread? I thought it would be a good Idea to have a sort of team thread to talk in... maybe to avoid comments like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
1. Where have you been all season? Why weren't you posting all season, but just started again now that OSU has beaten 1 good team and 1 decent team?

B. This doesn't deserve it's own thread, that's what the Big Ten thread is for.
As to your comment Iowa, I have been posting all season long, not in this thread but to be honest as I stated earlier, there wasn't anything to be excited about exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Ohio State doesn't need their own thread when there is already some very good discussion going on in the Big 10 thread involving OSU and the rest of the Legends and Leaders.
Most of it by THE Ohio State University fans about our chances of making the Championship game. The only other discussion was about Penn States QB situation. Doesn't exactly seem unreasonable to think that starting discussions about Luke Fickell as head coach or a future coaching wish list or reactions to games etc. would only be interesting to our fans thus the starting of a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I would rather the Buckeyes just lose out so Fickell does not convince them in anyway to keep him at HC.
Let the all Ohio State discussion begin... I agree with you here although I feel as though this is already a forgone conclusion at this point. People will argue that he pulled out a decent season considering the circumstances and it will buy him a year or two at the helm.

I personally would like to see Vrabel as our eventual coach, I know some would like to see a guy like Urban Meyer but I would be worried about him trying to bring that offense he had at Florida to us. Vrabel is one of the brightest former players I know, he's defensive minded and he probably learned a thing or two under Belichick. His recruiting power would be good as well IMO because he could flash those three rings under recruits noses and say "I know what it takes to be successful at the next level."

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 10-31-2011 at 11:28 PM.