Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
http://qctimes.com/sports/college/bi...cc4c03286.html

I also like this article because he compares Iowa to Ohio State and Nebraska. That's something that can only be done with a straight face in Iowa.
Are you saying a .600ish team over the last 10 years, and overall .500ish team historically that hasn't made a Rose Bowl in 20+ years with like 3 Big Ten titles in the last 30 years and one semi-fake NC in their history isn't on par with OSU and Nebraska????

Our permanent rival is Purdue ffs...we command respect.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's going to be a good game. Iowa has been a good really good team the last couple of years and I think it's the Best Rivalry for Nebraska in the Big 10.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I think it's going to be a good game. Iowa has been a good really good team the last couple of years and I think it's the Best Rivalry for Nebraska in the Big 10.
Oh yea, that. Well Iowa-Nebraska will be pretty good, but it's got nothing on IOwa-Purdue. The rivalry so good that neither knew it ever existed...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is your team's QB a clue on Jeopardy? Didn't think so.

DENARD FOR HEISMAN!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...ardship-waiver

Quote:
Good news for Minnesota receiver Brandon Green, who has been granted a medical hardship waiver by the Big Ten.

Green played in two games in 2010 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. The 2010 season won't count against Green's eligibility, and he'll have two seasons left with the Gophers.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...actice-at-iowa

Quote:
Iowa receiver Marvin McNutt will miss spring practices after undergoing surgery on a thumb and shoulder recently, according to the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

McNutt, a senior, led the Hawkeyes with 53 catches for 861 yards. He was the target of many passes for quarterback Ricky Stanzi, who is at the NFL Combine.

Iowa will have to break in new quarterback James Vandenberg without McNutt's help.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

http://thegazette.com/2011/03/07/220183/

Iowa-Nebraska game will be played the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Most Iowa fans are pissed, and when I first thought about it during the season I didn't like it. But I actually don't mind it now. Hopefully they can build a pretty sweet rivalry. At least a better one than Wisconsin/PSU-Nebraska would have ever been.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are Iowa fans pissed?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Why are Iowa fans pissed?
Well...
1. A bunch hate Nebraska and never wanted them in the Big 10 because they are like 800 years old.

2. They think Big Ten football should only be played on Saturday because they're old.

3. They apparently plan on traveling home from wherever at like 7 or 8 pm on the Friday night it will be played.

4. They think it's gimmicky.

In short, they are either grumpy old people or idiots, or mostly both.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

Old People Man they piss me off
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly JT heard allegations of the Tat5 dopes in April.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did hear about it and decided to not pursue it. The man isn't a saint. OTOH, who gives a crap?

Regardless, this really seems like an unsubstantiated hit piece, one that is almost unprovable.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors that the poo may really be hitting the fan at OSU. We'll see.

Haters get ready to rejoice!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa is the oldest state in the country, true story.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Rumors that the poo may really be hitting the fan at OSU. We'll see.

Haters get ready to rejoice!
I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.
Actually, I agree. It would be very difficult to prove.

I mean, he probably get's inundated with allegations of misdoings. And I assume he passes those on. I doubt that they compliance guys look too deep into things.

Some conspiracy types think that Delany was behind the whole getting them to play in the SB deal. And that, by extension, he made OSU sit on this for the season since OSU was a contender. Conspiracy theorists are funny.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of news coming out concerning Jim Tressel, Ohio State, and the players that sold memorabilia for tattoos. Some speculating that Tressel will resign tonight at his presser (97.1 The Fan out of Ohio).

Yahoo reported last night that Tressel knew as early as April that he knew about what Pryor and others were doing. If this is proven so then Ohio State could be in some serious **** with the NCAA.

Presser tonight with Tressel, Gordon Gee, and others.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 03-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tressel isn't going resign. The press conference is just going to be an excuse as to why they didn't go to the NCAA sooner.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Tressel isn't going resign. The press conference is just going to be an excuse as to why they didn't go to the NCAA sooner.
Yeah, there is no way they would get rid of him this way.

Also, the whole thing is hilarious. We have schools paying kids hundreds of thousands of dollars in the SEC and the NCAA does absolutely NOTHING.

OSU has some kids selling the merchandise that they OWNED getting in trouble. Which is fine, but it pales in comparison to Cam Newton.

And now this almost unprovable crap. Even if it did happen 1) big whoop and 2) how can you prove that he ignored it? He probably gets dozens of these complaints a week and sends them off to compliance.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Spo...&SPSID= 87747

No Ohio State coaching staff is listed for this year when yesterday they had a full staff page up

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Spo...&SPSID= 87747

No Ohio State coaching staff is listed for this year when yesterday they had a full staff page up
Not only that, but the buzz is already circulating that the next Ohio State head coach will be Urban Meyer.

Link
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://www.freep.com/article/2011030...ssel-good-man-

Quote:
The coaches confirmed two position changes: Will Campbell is back at defensive tackle and Steve Watson is back at tight end.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the big 10 can't top the SEC in football or in sneakily cheating.

Get on yo game!!!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Get on yo game!!!
Unfortunately the Big Ten appears to have a conscience... a problem the SEC has never had
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahha, yea, that's what it is.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Get on yo game!!!
For someone who claims to be a Miami Hurricanes fan, you certainly are all over the SEC's dick every chance you get. If you're not a fan of a team that plays in the SEC why is their superiority to the Big Ten so important to you?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote