Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I can stand another season of seeing Saturday getting pushed back into the backfield on damn near every play.

If they won't cut him, then this better be his last season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming the guard play is improved Saturday might not be as bad as last year. I think this will be his last season. He's just too old. He's not as washed up as Diem but he certainly isn't as effective as he was even 2 seasons ago.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think there are any odds that Diem is back this year? Was just thinking that with the shortened off-season, Castonzo & Ijalana may not be ready in time. I suppose CJ & Linkenbach could start in the mean time, and cheaper alternatives then Diem. I guess with the cap situation what it potentially is, keeping him may not be an option. Think Castonzo may start at RT till he gets his feet wet?

I'm ready for training camp to start. D. Smith & Goodell need to figure this out asap.
falloutboy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Think there are any odds that Diem is back this year? Was just thinking that with the shortened off-season, Castonzo & Ijalana may not be ready in time. I suppose CJ & Linkenbach could start in the mean time, and cheaper alternatives then Diem. I guess with the cap situation what it potentially is, keeping him may not be an option. Think Castonzo may start at RT till he gets his feet wet?

I'm ready for training camp to start. D. Smith & Goodell need to figure this out asap.
With player led workouts, and senior players probably schooling the rookies on the playbook and on terminology, as long as Training Camp starts on time, then I don't think the drafted rookies will be that far behind where they will normally be. The big loss to the NFL this year, and the Colts in particular as Polian has always been good and gleaning the diamonds from the rough, will be the UDFA. They will come in basically to training camp with virtually no training, playbooks or terminology.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with the new CBA it is about that time of the year to start Jerry Hughes is a bust bandwagon hopefully it gets derailed.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are about 100 things I am more concerned about than Jerry Hughes. Need some DTs, need a SS, need a guard. Need to sign Manning. UDFAs. Lots to do. I've offered to help but BilPo ain't returning my calls.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-25-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
There are about 100 things I am more concerned about than Jerry Hughes. Need some DTs, need a SS, need a guard. Need to sign Manning. UDFAs. Lots to do. I've offered to help but BilPo ain't returning my calls.
For some reason I don't see us going after any major DTs or Safeties in FA. Polian will be happy to resign manning and let Bullitt and Nevis/Moala play out this year.

As much as I would love to go after a cofield as you mentioned and a serviceable starter at safety (zbikowski) I feel that with the shortened free agency and the need to sign Manning, Polian will leave FA alone with the exception of some UDFA's he may have his eye on

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think that's what Bill Polian would've done but Chris Polian has already proven he does things a little differently. I still have hope for an impact free agent of some sort. Building through the draft works when you hit on a lot of draft picks, but since 2007 they haven't. The team needs to catch up.

In other news I expect Diem, Wheeler, and possibly Hayden (depending on how much guaranteed money he is still due) to be released soon.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's what Bill Polian would've done but Chris Polian has already proven he does things a little differently. I still have hope for an impact free agent of some sort. Building through the draft works when you hit on a lot of draft picks, but since 2007 they haven't. The team needs to catch up.

In other news I expect Diem, Wheeler, and possibly Hayden (depending on how much guaranteed money he is still due) to be released soon.
He got a $13.5M signing bonus which will be prorated throughout the contract at $2.7M a year. Because he has three years left it would cost $8.1M to cut him. That means it would save about $1M to cut him this year, about $4M to cut him next year and then about $7.5M to cut him in his final year.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

UDFAs so far:

Rutgers S Joe Lefeged
TCU C Jake Kirkpatrick
Nebraska TE/HB Mike McNeill

I doubt Lefeged will make the team. Don't expect much from Kirkpatrick either. I don't know anything about McNeill, is he Robinson's replacement?

Edits:

Penn State LB Chris Colasanti - don't know much, tries hard and is ready to go to med school if football doesn't work out.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 07-25-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Lefeged is an interesting signing. I've mentioned him earlier in the thread. I think he can play on NFL level, even if just as a backup/ST guy.

Jake Kirkpatrick was a highly ranked UFA out there also. We'll see if he can stick. The more talented OLs the better.

As a Penn State fan I can give a scouting report on Chris Colasanti. He was hyped to be the next great linebacker for LBU, but never really lived up to it. Still, he had a solid senior season.

They also got a blue-collar, pass-catching Nebraska TE, Mike McNeil.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

I can't see Joe Lefeged making it. He's slower than he needs to be, struggles to make reads and can't tackle, three musts for an Tampa 2 Strong Safety.

Jake Kirkpatrick is an interesting one. Seems to be a solid run blocker but who struggles in pass blocking. He's aggressive and finishes his blocks which is arguably something that very few of the Colts interior linesmen can be credited with.

Chris Colasanti is a decent linebacker prospect. My biggest problem with him is that he has a backup plan. He's apparently ridiculously smart and if he doesn't make it as an NFL player he'll go to medical school. This throws up a good flag in that he's really smart and seems to be a high character guy but it also throws up a major red flag that this guy has a backup plan. It isn't an all or nothing for him and raises questions as to whether or not he will give it his everything.

Mike McNeill seems to be a bit of a jack of all trades. Decent blocker, decent pass catcher, decent route runner etc. He'll not make the roster, not with Clark, Eldridge and Tamme but he should make the practice squad.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

The Colts have apparently also signed QB Scott Tolzien, a weak armed, accurate passer, who will probably not make the team, LB Adrian Moten, who is a perfect fit for the Tampa 2, and also signed veteran QB Nate Davis who will compete with Curtis Painter for the backup Quarterback position. Expect to see a lot of both Painter and Davis in both training camp and pre season with Manning not being able to go from the start.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Looks like we've signed Maryland OLB Adrian Moten and Virginia Tech RB Darren Evans.

Apparently former 9ers and Seahawks QB Nate Davis is signing with the Colts also.

I also keep hearing rumors about Wiconsin's QB Scott Tolzien to the Colts, but I'm not sure about that one. Sorgi 2.0?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Tolzien has been linked to the Colts, Seahawks, and Chargers. Nothing confirmed.

I wish we would hear something about roster cuts already.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Looks like we've signed Maryland OLB Adrian Moten and Virginia Tech RB Darren Evans.

Apparently former 9ers and Seahawks QB Nate Davis is signing with the Colts also.

I also keep hearing rumors about Wiconsin's QB Scott Tolzien to the Colts, but I'm not sure about that one. Sorgi 2.0?
Tolzien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorgi. Unfortunately, from what I'm hearing, Tolzien =/= Colt.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts have released Mike Hart, Jamie Silva, Tom Santi, Gijon Robinson and defensive back Mike Richardson.

They've also gave a 1-year tender to Eric Foster.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...xt%7CFever%7Cs
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Some more signings:

David Gilreath (WR/KR) - Wisconsin
Chad Spann (RB/KR) - Northern Illinois
Travis Baltz (P) - Maryland
Joe Horn (WR) - Ashland
Mike Hartline (QB) - Kentucky
Ollie Ogbu (DT) - Penn State

Another Penn State guy, Ogbu was one of my favorite players, but I don't think he'll make the roster. He has excellent motor, but he isn't very big nor very athletic.

Looks like they are making an attempt to improve the special team.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you guys got Chad Spann. I completely forgot about him, but if you check out some of his highlight videos he is a baller. Could be a nice steal for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Colts have released Mike Hart, Jamie Silva, Tom Santi, Gijon Robinson and defensive back Mike Richardson.

They've also gave a 1-year tender to Eric Foster.
Does releasing those guys give us any more cap room? Should be $2.5-3M between them if it does.
falloutboy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Does releasing those guys give us any more cap room? Should be $2.5-3M between them if it does.
Nope. None of those guys were actually released. They were all out of contract but were Restricted or Exclusive Rights Free Agents. The Colts just refused to tender them. So there was no cap savings from them.

In other news with Mike Hart now likely to not return to the team it should give them the opportunity to retire the #32 jersey now that the Edge has retired.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am starting to get a little bummed about this season's prospects. I kind of expected Manning to be signed quickly, and to a contract that surprised everyone with a moderate number, which would allow the team to at least get one impact free agent.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am starting to get a little bummed about this season's prospects. I kind of expected Manning to be signed quickly, and to a contract that surprised everyone with a moderate number, which would allow the team to at least get one impact free agent.
This is the beginning of the process, don't get too down yet.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh...I would love for us to just mix it up once in free agency. Have we even tried to make any moves? Eric Weddle?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Sigh...I would love for us to just mix it up once in free agency. Have we even tried to make any moves? Eric Weddle?
Apparently the Colts have made attempts at signing Weddle but most sources are putting his contract at $7M per year. Can Indy really afford that?