Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Hey Guys...

Im involved in a forum mock draft representing the AFC South. I came here and read that you guys really need OL so with that in mind this is what Ive done so far....

1. Derek Sherrod, T, Miss St
2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
3. Orlando Franklin, G, Miami

What do you guys think? Any particular guys I should be looking for in rounds 4-7?
Not bad so far, grab a C or RT at the very least and a S and you're set.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
colts_fan8818
Rookie

colts_fan8818 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Hey Guys...

Im involved in a forum mock draft representing the AFC South. I came here and read that you guys really need OL so with that in mind this is what Ive done so far....

1. Derek Sherrod, T, Miss St
2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
3. Orlando Franklin, G, Miami

What do you guys think? Any particular guys I should be looking for in rounds 4-7?
Not a bad start for the first 3 rounds, it addresses several needs with pretty decent value. In the rest of the rounds get a SS as that is a huge need since sanders had been cut, a WR is needed, one that would be a deep threat would be nice, and possibly a c as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need "Big Uglies," no doubt about it.

But I doubt they'll just commit the first 3 rounds to it.

Usually, Polian likes to diversify his drafts.

Glenn and Meadows were top two picks a lifetime ago, but that was when they were trying to keep Harbaugh alive.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any good depth at S in this draft. I think our defense could benefit from a guy that can deliver big hits and give a bit of an identity to our defense. I feel like we lack a leader. That once was Bob, but do you think we could find a guy to run stuff from the S position?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
We need "Big Uglies," no doubt about it.

But I doubt they'll just commit the first 3 rounds to it.

Usually, Polian likes to diversify his drafts.

Glenn and Meadows were top two picks a lifetime ago, but that was when they were trying to keep Harbaugh alive.
If Manning wasn't the all-time great he is, they'd be trying to keep him alive, too. OL early and often would be the best course of action in this draft IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Is there any good depth at S in this draft. I think our defense could benefit from a guy that can deliver big hits and give a bit of an identity to our defense. I feel like we lack a leader. That once was Bob, but do you think we could find a guy to run stuff from the S position?
There are a few guys that have caught my eye that might slip past a few teams radars for some reason or another:

Ahmad Black - Because he's an inch shorter, about 10-15 pounds lighter, and ran a bit slower than most teams like their safeties, he's likely to drop into the mid-late round, but if you watch a game of his, he's constantly around the ball and making plays.

Jaiquawn Jarrett - Small school kid who hits hard and makes plays. Hard to find tape of him, but he stands out. Also, has a decent HWS ratio going on, though speed if anything is lacking.

Jeron Johnson - Could be considered small school, but Boise State has risen to prominence recently. With a very solid HWS ratio, and a propensity to make plays, he could fit the role that needs to be filled well.

Shiloh Keo - Another small school kid who seems to have all the tools needed to succeed at the SS position. Times fairly slowly, but is big and reacts (and breaks) very quickly. With proper coaching (will likely need a lot of work on timing and reading plays), could develop into a good enforcer.

Mark LeGree - Small schooler with a great HWS ratio who appears to have the tools to do anything he's called upon for, though that was at the FCS level. The question for him (much like Antoine Bethea in 2006) is can he hang with the pros?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Wildwood

Colt draft and free agency.

Free agent from Baltimore
OT 6'9" 340 Jared Gaithers

Colts trade down with Denver
Denver gets Colt
Rd. 1 - 22
Colts get Denver
Rd. 2 - 04
Rd. 3 - 03

Colts Draft
Rd. 2 - 04 DT Stephan Paea
Rd. 2 - 21 OG Rodney Hudson - move to Center
Rd. 3 - 03 SS Quinton Carter
Rd. 3 - 23 OT Marcus Gilbert
Rd. 4 - 22 WR Austin Pettis
Rd. 5 - 21 CB Cortez Allen
Rd. 6 - 23 LB Jonas Mouton

Last edited by Wildwood : 04-10-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Pouncey origonally at Rd.2 -04 probably not available.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

If the Colts are confident in Gaither's ability to perform at LT, and Pouncey's ability to convert to C, I'd be pretty happy about that.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the colts touch a QB in the 1st 3 rounds with so many needs i may just be done with this team for a while. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
If the colts touch a QB in the 1st 3 rounds with so many needs i may just be done with this team for a while. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen.
I hope Andy Dalton falls off the face of the Earth and gets scooped up by the Colts in round 4 or 5 if they're looking at QB. I think teams are going to look back on Dalton and wonder how they missed him.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is the day. If we don't address the trenches early and often i am getting the lynching mob. Pitchfork and torches are ready.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too much depth on both lines in this draft to completely miss out.

If I say it enough I might believe it.

GABE CARIMI.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Too much depth on both lines in this draft to completely miss out.

If I say it enough I might believe it.

GABE CARIMI.
Bill Parcells has Carimi as a 3rd rounder i still cant figure it out.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Bill Parcells has Carimi as a 3rd rounder i still cant figure it out.
Bill Parcels is overrated.

Here are my possibly optimistic picks for the Colts tonight.

1) OT Gabe Carimi
1a) OT Derek Sherrod
1b) DT Stephen Paea

2) OG Danny Watkins
2a) DT Marvin Austin
2b) CB Ras-I Dowling

3) SS Tyler Sash
3a) S Deandre McDaniel
3b) OG John Moffitt

4) OL Marcus Cannon
4a) S Deunta Williams
4b) LB Casey Matthews

5) TE Lee Smith
5a) WR Ronald Johnson
5b) RB Bilal Powell

6) SS Jermale Hines
6a) OLB KJ Wright
6b ) RB Delone Carter

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Castonzo.

Is it just me, or does he look more like a Linebacker in plain clothes?

I hope he proves me wrong and dominates. We really need an upgrade at the line.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

He is a finesse passblocking LT. He has no mean streak and is underpowered. Polian screwed up. Ugh.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There are still very talented players left on the board.

I hope we can get multiple instant different-makers.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hudson or Ijalana are my top wants for Round 2, while Paea, Austin, and Hankerson would also be wins as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Ben Ijalana go to Indy, I told him four years ago that would be the coolest thing ever.

Seriously, I don't know what I'd do.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the player I'm highest on for the 2nd round is Orlando Franklin. A great run blocker who can start right away. With him & a guard later on, maybe we could maybe run the ball from time to time.

Wouldn't mind Leonard Hankerson either, think I read somewhere that Chris Carter coached him in HS.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round two Austin
Round three Ahmad Black, but that may be reaching.

I just think we need someone at safety who is willing to get his hands dirty like Bob Sanders was. We need him to be able to make blows at the line in run support. He also is a pretty durable guy.

What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Round two Austin
Round three Ahmad Black, but that may be reaching.

I just think we need someone at safety who is willing to get his hands dirty like Bob Sanders was. We need him to be able to make blows at the line in run support. He also is a pretty durable guy.

What do you guys think?
He is slow and tiny. No thanks. I'd rather have someone like Tyler Sash, Deandre McDaniel, Deunta Williams, or even Jermale Hines.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put the rest of our needs in this order for the rest of the draft:

DT
SS
WR
RT/G
CB

Here's hoping that Castonzo hasn't peaked as a player.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I keep on hearing that Castonzo's intelligence was a big factor.

We'll see. The few times that I've seen him play, he didn't look like a 1st rounder, but I keep on reading good things about him. I hope they are right.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I put the rest of our needs in this order for the rest of the draft:

DT
SS
WR
RT/G
CB

Here's hoping that Castonzo hasn't peaked as a player.
I would put RT, OG and SS towards the top.

Even if Castonzo is good from day 1, our O-Line would still be average at best with current personnel.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Here's a post I made on another board about the players I think the Colts should consider for the rest of the draft.

DTs
Stephen Paea - Oregon St. - 6'1, 303 lbs, incredible strength, non-stop motor, solid interior pass rusher that anchors well against the run. Stubby arms will not bat down many passes.

Marvin Austin - UNC - 6'1, 309 lbs, very athletic for a big guy, can rush the passer from the interior and occupy blockers. Work ethic and character are questions but talent is undeniable.

Jarvis Jenkins - Clemson, 6'4, 310 lbs, durable and powerful, made a lot of tackles in the backfield. A good run stuffer that would help out other guys on the line.

Allen Bailey - Miami, 6'3, 285 lbs, an athletic freak that could play the Brock/Foster roll better than either of them. Not my first choice because he is raw but his upside is significant.

OL
Orlando Franklin - Miami, 6'5, 316 lbs, Great run blocker with excellent strength and bulk. I think he will be gone before the Colts get a shot at him. Can play RT or guard.

Ben Ijalana - Villanova, 6'3, 317 lbs, I am not as high on him as some but if he is there in the 3rd the Colts should take him. I think he will go in the 2nd. Talented for sure, not sure he has the right attitude. Reminds me a little of Ugoh honestly.

Marcus Gilbert - Florida, 6'6, 330 lbs, I've said for months on other forums that this guy is this years' Roger Saffold, not in terms of skillset but in terms of skill vs. value. The Colts could do a lot worse for a new RT or guard.

Rodney Hudson - Florida St., 6'2, 299 lbs, not my favorite in terms of size or strength but he is smart, tough, and a good football player. Good technique. Maybe a center in the future.

Marcus Cannon - TCU, 6'5, 350 lbs, a gigantic man with surprising athleticism. He has very treatable cancer so 3rd round might be early since he may not play his rookie year.

John Moffitt - Wisconsin, 6'4, 319 lbs, one of my favorite guard prospects. He knows how to run block and play like an asshole. He is already 25 and not perfect so 3rd round or later would be nice.

Safety
Tyler Sash - Iowa, 6',211 lbs, he's not Bob Sanders but he is a reliable starter that can hit hard and defend the deep ball. Good in run support. Also, he's white and from a Big 10 school so Polian probably likes him.

Deandre McDaniel - Clemson, 6', 217 lbs, hits hard and defends the run well. Has a bigger body to handle big hits. Good in zone coverage. Underrated IMO.

Jermale Hines - Ohio State, 6'1, 219 lbs, great in run support. Adequate in coverage but is better as a hard hitter. 4th round or later would be best here. I hate OSU but Hines might be a good fit.

CB
Ras-I Dowling - Virginia, 6'1, 198 lbs, a taller CB that can play both man and zone well. Solid in run support. If the Colts took him in the 2nd I wouldn't mind. Underrated IMO.

Davon House - New Mexico, 6', 200 lbs, perfect size and attitude for the Colts. Good tackler, physical in pass coverage and run support. Average speed for a CB. Reminds me of Kelvin Hayden before he started to suck.

LB
Dontay Moch - Nevada, 6'1, 248 lbs, INCREDIBLE 4.4 speed that does translate onto the field. High motor guy, I'd like to see him on the Colts roster.

Mark Herzlich, Boston College, 6'4, 244 lbs, great leader with good football IQ and aggressiveness. His body will only get better as he is recovering from chemo during his Jr. year. Good vs. the run and in coverage. Slow and a health concern, no higher than round 4 here.

Martez Wilson, Illinois, 6'3, 250 lbs, great speed and blitzing ability. Punishing hitter. There are some health concerns. Not sure if he fits what the Colts want to do since he is so big but he is fast so that shouldn't matter. Seems like a good fit at SLB.

i done stole dis sig