Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta be honest.

Bowers is on top of my list right now.

I know that DE isn't a big need, but I think he can be an absolute dominant force that makes a huge difference every time he is on the field.

Plus he can play some UT (in certain situations) also.

I have absolutely no clue why he is still on the board. He'll probably be picked early 2nd.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max, I keep hearing his knee is in terrible shape. That's the only explanation I can think of. He had surgery and the condition might be "degenerative".

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jags and Titans both set themselves back by reaching so much on QBs. Both Locker and Gabbert are at best 2nd round values. . . . I'd have no issue with the Colts picking Sash in the 2nd round. While Melvin played some great minutes for us as 1B starter the past few years, he's at best a strong reserve and doesn't offer the run support and play making abilities the defense needs. Sash would be an upgrade-I don't want to see Aaron Francisco as a starter again, ever. We still need an upgrade at DT to line up with Fili. If we end up picking a guard or a RT prospect, please let them be above average run blockers. It's sucked the last 3-4 years watch us line up in shotgun on 3rd and 1 and pass. While the Castonzo selection is great for our passing game, I'm hoping he's not a slouch on run blocking.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Sash's value is more in the 3rd. I like him but there are a couple others (Deandre McDaniel) that I like as much. I completely agree with your comments on Bullitt. He's not a starting SS. He is a great backup to both safety positions.

I think the Titans will be better off with Locker (who I think went from overrated to underrated very quickly) than the Jags will with Ponder (I was cackling when that happened). However, I am thrilled with the idea of Freeney and Mathis going after two newbie QBs 4 times a year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Max, I keep hearing his knee is in terrible shape. That's the only explanation I can think of. He had surgery and the condition might be "degenerative".
You might be right. I guess these teams know something about him.

There are plenty of other very interesting guys still left on the board.

I've already mentioned Paea before. Austin and Casey are interesting DT prospects also.

Moffitt or Cannon at OG.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts trade up to select Ben Ijalana T from Villanova. Sounds like he can be an asset in the run game which would be a major plus. Hopefully he replaces Deim on the right side or at the very least play guard. Yet to hear what we gave up to move 5 spots in the 2nd round.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So pleased we took Drake Nevis, love that guy!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

He's a bit of a tweener but should be a huge upgrade over Muir. We need to look at Safety on day 3 with our 4th pick. Sash might still be there on Saturday in the 4th . . . What value pick should we get for our 6th?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

OT, OT, and DT. It's hard to imagine the draft going better than that, even if I might've picked different players.

In the 4th I want DeAndre McDaniel or Tyler Sash, and I am leaning toward McDaniel right now. In the 6th I just want a guy to contribute on special teams and maybe compete for the SLB spot.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Cannon, G TCU, might be worth it if he falls to the 6th. He's got a treatable cancer, so he presumably will be out of football for a season. In addition, no clue what the treatment process would do to his body. But 2/3rd round talent with a year off & whatever risk is worth it.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after questioning the pick last night, Polian knocks rounds two and three out of the park. Ijalana will contribute from Day 1 somewhere along the OL, and I'll wager he ends up the team's starting LT. Then Nevis is great value at the end of Round 3 and could make a fantastic duo for a long time with Fili Moala. I'm starting to love this draft class, get a SS and a C on Day 3, and it will be a better class than I ever hoped for.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Marcus Cannon, G TCU, might be worth it if he falls to the 6th. He's got a treatable cancer, so he presumably will be out of football for a season. In addition, no clue what the treatment process would do to his body. But 2/3rd round talent with a year off & whatever risk is worth it.
If the Colts grab Cannon in Round 6, I'll do naked cartwheels down the street.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yes, 6th rounder for Cannon is easy. I bet he goes in the 4th or 5th though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Castonzo is as good as THEY THINK he is and if Ijalana and Drake Nevis are as good as I THINK they are, this could be a great draft.

I absolutely love the 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I think Nevis could be that pass-rushing UT that we have been looking for.

I really hope these guys work out for us, that could make our team MUCH stronger.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-29-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we hit a home run tomorrow like we did today, this could be my favorite draft going back to '06. It's just an amazing mix of value & need. Castonzo could have gone around 13-16, Ijalana was sniffing the bottom of the first at one point. If these tackles play like they should this set up the team for years to come.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

All I know is Charlie Johnson and Ryan Diem will NOT be the starters at OT next year, and that makes me extremely happy.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

This is a very exciting draft. I can't help but think of how much better it would be if we'd taken Carimi in the 1st but I still can't complain too much. I am getting excited about Nevis.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Not only that, but it's 3 guys who will have an instant impact. I can't imagine a situation where Castonzo/Ijalana aren't on the field, and Nevis should be rotating in. Not like Hughes/Moala being inactive 70% of the year.

I'd like to see an interior lineman, but with Hughes, these 3, and all the injured guys back, we're ready to go.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I don't know about that, Dam.

Starting 2 rookies on the edge wouldn't fly with Polian or Caldwell imo.

I think Ijalana starts at guard.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm not sure Nevis' impact will be instant since rookie DTs rarely make an impact. I think he'll be a 3rd down DT most of this year if and when he does play. I am excited about his potential though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thrilled to get Nevis.
The only question I have is who the hell is gonna play safety?
Bullit? Please no...
I'm really hoping for Sash. The guy is just physical, and we have been known to take Iowa players.
Is it possible Ahmad Black falls?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well, I don't know about that, Dam.

Starting 2 rookies on the edge wouldn't fly with Polian or Caldwell imo.

I think Ijalana starts at guard.
Charlie Johnson AND Ryan Diem will not start. One of them might, but not both. Hopefully neither, but that's probably wishful thinking for me. Ijalana probably starts off at OG and kicks out to RT next year if everything goes according to plan.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Charlie Johnson AND Ryan Diem will not start. One of them might, but not both. Hopefully neither, but that's probably wishful thinking for me. Ijalana probably starts off at OG and kicks out to RT next year if everything goes according to plan.
If I was a betting man I would suggest that Charlie Johnson will start the year at Tackle. Which tackle spot will depend on Castonzo's performance in preseason and Training Camp. If Johnson is at LT then Castonzo will start at RT. If Castonzo is at LT then Johnson will start at RT. Ijalana will start at LG until he develops at first and then will move to RT.

Starting Line (probably):

Johnson - Ijalana - Saturday - Pollak - Castonzo

Long term Line:

Castonzo - Johnson - Pollak - RG - Ijalana

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Starting Line (probably):

Johnson - Ijalana - Saturday - Pollak - Castonzo

Long term Line:

Castonzo - Johnson - Pollak - RG - Ijalana
McClendon is supposed to be starting or competing to start at one of the guard spots this year. I think Pollak is better suited to be a center and he might replace Saturday at some point very soon. My starting line is:

Castonzo, McClendon, Saturday/Pollak, Ijalana, Johnson

I agree that in time Ijalana moves to RT, and we find a new RG. Johnson can provide depth at that point. It's very comforting to know that first, with Ijalana/McClendon as guards we might be able to run the ball. Second, we might be a guard, and maybe a center away from a re-vamped offensive line.

Who knows, maybe we'll hit free agency, pick up a Gaither or a Gallery and really be set. We got Diem's and Sander's cap space still.

Regarding the 4th & 6th round picks, I'm hoping we pick up a safety and a 1-tech in the two picks. I like Tyler Sash as much as everyone else, but if there's a run at safety, then a big guy like Ian Williams or Jerrel Powe could help reinforce the run defense.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 04-30-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts just drafted Delone Carter. A good pass protector and good out of the backfield as a receiver. Does this spell the end of Addai's time in Indy?

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote