Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-30-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in part it depends on the market that Addai can garner. His time in Indy, he hasn't been asked to do tasks which most teams value. So if you're talking about pass-heavy teams who value a pass-blocker/receiver out of the backfield and have a QB need, you're talking about a limited number of teams. Addai's our most reliable RB, and assuming no one throws money at him I'm sure we'll sign him to another contract.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't like this Safety class at all.

Yes, SS is a need, but I really don't see any guy in this class that is an upgrade over Bullitt.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Carter pick also. I love short and stocky RBs. Big pain in the ass tackling those guys.

I think this guy should be a good rotational back. And with all the injury issues that our backs have, this guy could certainly help.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Our pick coming up.

Still some players that I like left on the board.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Chris L. Rucker. Corner with good size.

I don't know him. Maybe projects at safety?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could sign UDFA's because I really want Deandre McDaniel. I think Rucker will be a CB, not a S.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I wish we could sign UDFA's because I really want Deandre McDaniel. I think Rucker will be a CB, not a S.
I wanted Indy to draft McDaniel in the 4th Round so if we could get him as an UDFA then I'd be over the moon.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I wanted Indy to draft McDaniel in the 4th Round so if we could get him as an UDFA then I'd be over the moon.
You and me both. I know he had the assault charge (was not convicted) in 08 but he has some serious skills at S.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-01-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You and me both. I know he had the assault charge (was not convicted) in 08 but he has some serious skills at S.
He accepted a pre-trial motion to avoid the convction though. But he's turned his life around. Since the incident is been a very Indy like player. Team captain, smart, hard working, spends a lot of time in the film room apparently. So all in all I really would like the team to bring him in as soon as the lockout is lifted again.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, I keep hearing that the addition of Castonzo means that Charlie Johnson can start at guard.

I think that's a terrible idea. CJ gets pushed around by 260lbs speed rushers, I don't see how he would open running lanes against 300+lbs DTs.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I agree, I don't want him at guard. I think he should play RT. Ideally he would go back to being the 6th OLman super sub, but I don't think we're there yet.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-04-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Colts just drafted Delone Carter. A good pass protector and good out of the backfield as a receiver. Does this spell the end of Addai's time in Indy?
Doubt it, given the size (5'9" 222), it likely spells the end for Mike Hart.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Doubt it, given the size (5'9" 222), it likely spells the end for Mike Hart.
I hope they use him more than Mike Hart.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-04-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I loved Mike Hart. But yeah, Carter will probably take his spot.

A more interesting situation will be with the DL.

As of right now:

DE - Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Foster, Chick, Dawson
DT - Moala, Nevis, Johnson, Muir, Mathews, Pressley

I'm hoping Dawson is out.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'd forgotten about both Chick and Pressley. I really hope they re-sign A Johnson. Muir can go. Between Chick and Dawson I don't really care which they keep, I don't want either one playing except on special teams.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-04-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Here's an article regarding the remaining Colts' needs:

Quote:
Safety: Melvin Bullitt may wind up a retainable restricted free agent. Even if they can keep him, safety is a thin spot that needs depth. Because the position is thin around the league, if Bullitt does become a free agent, he’ll be attractive to a lot of teams. The Colts have a glue guy in Antoine Bethea at free safety, but need a strong safety option.

Receiver: They’ve got a solid group here with Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez and even Blair White. But there are injury concerns with Collie and Gonzalez, and although the guys beyond Wayne can all be major contributors, none of them will be a clear-cut No. 1 option for the team when Wayne starts to slow. Perhaps they don’t have to worry about it for another year, but it’d be nice to have that guy in house.

Kicker: Adam Vinatieri is a free agent under any scenario. It makes sense to re-sign a reliable, clutch guy even if long-distance range may be a question. But if someone else makes him a big offer, the Colts will be in need.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...anapolis-colts

Not a bad list, although I would still put O-line up there, even if both Castonzo and Ijalana contribute from day 1.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Best option for the Colts at SS would be to retain Bullitt as a RFA and bring in some other guys to compete for the starting job. No long-term contract for him, I hope.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Bullitt is ok.

I know you guys, along with other Colts' fans, were pulling for Colts to draft a SS prospect in this draft, but this year's safety class sucked. I don't think Sash would be an upgrade over Melvin. Maybe we can get McDaniel, but honestly, I think he's overrated also.

Maybe there could be a cheap, under the radar SS free agent out there.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone put any thought into bringing in an O-lineman in free agency? I know we don't delve into free agency, but we're also often attempting to retain a key player. Obviously there's Manning, which will make or break this possibility, but I don't expect Addai or others to require too much to keep. Not only that, but for the next few years, it's likely to be the same case. For the most part, our young guys aren't superstars in the making. The only young players who I think are necessary to retain are Powers and Collie. In addition, with the loss of Sanders and ideally Diem and/or Saturday, we could have some room to work with.

All that said, if we could get a Robert Gallery or Davin Joseph quality guard, or a tackle, imagine what it could do for our O-line.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream version of the Colts starting O-Line after the bye week but preferably from week 1 on:

LT - Castonzo
LG - McClendon
C- Saturday
RG - Ijalana
RT - Linkenbach/Johnson

I really don't want to see Pollak or DeVan at either guard spot. Pollak would be fine at center but I don't see the team benching Saturday at all this year regardless of on the field performance. I'd like to see Link win the RT spot and have Charlie be our 6th lineman which he's better suited to be. Diem and his contract can be cut. He played great as a 4th rounder for us for many years but he's slipped a bunch in the past three years.

Bring in a few UDFA SS prospects and bring in a scub vet FA to compete. Agree on the Bullit observation made by Killswitch, if he's playing for on a one year deal that's ok. He's not the future at the position and if he got beat out of the starting job he'd at least be a key ST performer. I can see why Polian and company skipped drafting a S in this draft. My bad on wanting the Colts to draft one this year. The need though is still obviously there.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't call that O-Line a "dream".
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Bullitt is ok.

I know you guys, along with other Colts' fans, were pulling for Colts to draft a SS prospect in this draft, but this year's safety class sucked. I don't think Sash would be an upgrade over Melvin. Maybe we can get McDaniel, but honestly, I think he's overrated also.

Maybe there could be a cheap, under the radar SS free agent out there.
Ha ha, overrated by who? I'll assume just me, since none of the 32 teams rated him highly enough to draft him.

Here's a post I made on coltfreaks.com about SS options:

The draft took care of OT and to a lesser extent DT needs and IMO did it well. But the Polians obviously didn't like the safety options since they didn't draft any.

So who starts at strong safety next year? It needs to be someone with speed that can support the run and still play deep coverage.

Options:

Donte Whitner - A first round draft pick by the Bills in 06. Possibly underrated by Bills fans. Had a lot of tackles last year. Seems kind of stupid but we don't have a team of Rhodes Scholars. Good size and speed. The Bills GM appears to not want him back but he might want too much money.

Dawan Landry - Good in-the-box safety, excels in run support, but struggles more in coverage and in making downfield tackles. I don't think he's that great of an option.

Tom Zbikowski - RFA for the Ravens and seems to be better than Landry in coverage while still being good in run support. If the tender is low enough it might be worth snapping him up.

Jarrad Page - Backing up Patrick Chung in NE right now, had a contract tiff with the Chiefs. He is a big strong in-the-box SS that has made a number of game-sealing INTs. Also a good ST player.

Melvin Bullitt - Says he can't imagine coming back to the Colts unless it's with a long-term contract. I am sure he's looking to get paid but I am not sure he is worth a long term starting SS contract. He is a FS playing SS, and his best spot IMO is as a great backup, not a mediocre starter. He is at least proven and a known quantity, I just think the Colts can do better. Shoulder may be a recurring injury.

Al Afalava - A mini-linebacker type with good size and hitting but suspect in coverage. A Colts ERFA so he will probably be around to compete if Bullitt is'nt given a long-term contract.

Jamie Silva - A ST player and career backup.

Chip Vaughn - Good size but I haven't seen enough of him yet to say much. Seems like he has good size (6'2, 215) and speed, the Saints wanted to try him at FS.

DeAndre McDaniel - Will be an UDFA once the NFL stops being stupid, and I think he is underrated at this point. Great size, hard hitter and tackler, good enough speed, good hands though his INTs were down last year.

edit: Forgot about Jeron Johnson, another UDFA that was a hard hitting intimidator in college. He put on some weight to get stronger, so it will be important to see if he kept his 4.5 speed.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Anyone put any thought into bringing in an O-lineman in free agency? I know we don't delve into free agency, but we're also often attempting to retain a key player.

All that said, if we could get a Robert Gallery or Davin Joseph quality guard, or a tackle, imagine what it could do for our O-line.
I've wanted Joseph for months. Also, Logan Mankins is possibly going to be a free agent. Gallery would be a nice addition for the run game but he is getting old. Which is weird because I clearly remember all the hype surrounding him pre-draft.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yes, I meant he is overrated by the posters here.

I'm not against signing McDaniel, I just don't think he'll be anything more then an average starter.

Good post, killxswitch. I agree with you.

The options out there aren't great. I would sign Bullitt to a 2-year deal and try to bring someone in next year's draft to be eventual replacement.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Max have you seen the quote by Bullitt that he doesn't want to come back to the Colts unless it's for a long-term deal? I read it on his Rotoworld player page. I agree that a 2 year contract would be ideal. It just looks like the Colts can't count on him agreeing to that.

i done stole dis sig