Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on what the market is out there for him.

I mean, he can say whatever he wants, but if there is no team out there willing to give him a long-term deal, then what leverage does he have?

He's not a franchise player. He's a "fill-the-position-for-1-or-2-years" kind of a player.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. Hopefully he doesn't take a long time looking around in free agency. Though I suppose it isn't even for sure that he will be unrestricted.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Polian has good history of finding talented players that other teams try to sneak through the practice squad.

Maybe he can find an O-lineman and a safety.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as one good OG can be found between Diem, Thomas, DeVan and Pollak, I think the OL will be fine. Of course that means starting the year with bookend rookies, but in my opinion it offers the Colts their best possible lineup:

LT: Castonzo
LG: McClendon
OC: Saturday
RG: (winner of 4 mentioned above)
RT: Ijalana

With backups, this lineup looks like:

LT: Castonzo/Ijalana
LG: McClendon/(one of 4)
OC: Saturday/Richard
RG: (winner of 4)/(2nd place of 4)
RT: Ijalana/Johnson

With the two that don't make the cut at RG (my guess being Pollak and DeVan) being cut. That leaves holes beyond the 2011 season at OC and RG, though if the Colts are high on McClendon at OC, then it's a matter of finding a LG and RG, except if they also like Thomas or whoever wins that RG spot (unless it's Diem, which I think it very well could be) at one of the OG spots, then it's simply a matter of finding another OG. Saturday and Diem have to be replaced in all capacities by 2013 IMO.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
As long as one good OG can be found between Diem, Thomas, DeVan and Pollak, I think the OL will be fine. Of course that means starting the year with bookend rookies, but in my opinion it offers the Colts their best possible lineup:

LT: Castonzo
LG: McClendon
OC: Saturday
RG: (winner of 4 mentioned above)
RT: Ijalana

With backups, this lineup looks like:

LT: Castonzo/Ijalana
LG: McClendon/(one of 4)
OC: Saturday/Richard
RG: (winner of 4)/(2nd place of 4)
RT: Ijalana/Johnson

With the two that don't make the cut at RG (my guess being Pollak and DeVan) being cut. That leaves holes beyond the 2011 season at OC and RG, though if the Colts are high on McClendon at OC, then it's a matter of finding a LG and RG, except if they also like Thomas or whoever wins that RG spot (unless it's Diem, which I think it very well could be) at one of the OG spots, then it's simply a matter of finding another OG. Saturday and Diem have to be replaced in all capacities by 2013 IMO.
Talk coming out of Indy is that both Charlie Johnson and Ben Ijalana are penciled in as the season starters at the two Guard spots with Ijalana long term projected at RT.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

CJ isn't a good guard.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Talk coming out of Indy is that both Charlie Johnson and Ben Ijalana are penciled in as the season starters at the two Guard spots with Ijalana long term projected at RT.
I sure hope not, Johnson sucks there and Ijalana's talent would be wasted there (at least until he moved to RT).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was the thinking behind drafting Rucker.

I've heard he has off the field issues and I didn't see corner as a very high need. Does he have some potential?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
What was the thinking behind drafting Rucker.

I've heard he has off the field issues and I didn't see corner as a very high need. Does he have some potential?
Rucker was drafted because we suck at 3rd and short, and because we've been abused by MJD for years so it would be nice to have our own little bowling ball to abuse opposing defenses. Not that I think Carter will be as good as MJD, but he will be that type of back.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Rucker was BPA, that's all.

And I think that's absolutely the right approach in the lower rounds.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Rucker was drafted because we suck at 3rd and short, and because we've been abused by MJD for years so it would be nice to have our own little bowling ball to abuse opposing defenses. Not that I think Carter will be as good as MJD, but he will be that type of back.
Woops, I feel stupid. I was talking about Carter, you asked about Rucker. I don't know much about him. Hopefully he can at least be a better than Lacey.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...e-af4da3a3886d

Little article about UDFA.
Anybody you guys are eying?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

My list, in order of interest:

DeAndre McDaniel (S, Clemson)
Mark Herzlich (LB, Boston College)
Jaron Johnson (S, Boise St.)
Iam Williams (DT, Notre Dame)
Deunta Williams (S, UNC)
Kai Forbath (K, UCLA)

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

As you guys already might know, I'm a big Penn State fan. I really like what I saw from Pat Devlin whenever he got playing time for PSU.

I think he was a bit of a victim of a deep QB class. Most years, I think he gets drafted. He has ability.

Other then him, the guys that Killxswitch mentioned are high on my list also. Plus:

Joe Lefeged (S) Rutgers ... Big and fast
Steven Friday (DE) Virginia Tech ... I know, I know, we don't need another undersized DE, but I personally think this guy is very underrated.
David Mims (OT) Virginia Union .... 6'-8" 330lbs
Jeff Tarpinian (ILB) Iowa ... athletic LB from a school that produces good NFL players
Ryan Jones (CB) North Missouri St. ... interesting CB prospect that might be a fit for us and might project at safety
Jarriel King (OL) South Carolina ... I saw him play a couple of times and thought he looked pretty good
Ricardo Lockette (WR) Fort Valley St. ... 6'-2" 211 with 4.37 speed

Strong Safety and O-Line are our biggest remaining needs imo, so I hope we can find some interesting prospects at those positions specifically.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-19-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Max, I read that Lefeged looked pretty bad at the Senior Bowl. I didn't watch any Rutgers football this year. What kind of player is he?

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Based on a couple of times that I've seen him, he is a physical safety that plays well in run support. He is inconsistent in coverage, but has potential.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Based on a couple of times that I've seen him, he is a physical safety that plays well in run support. He is inconsistent in coverage, but has potential.
That doesn't sound too bad. If we had a safety who could sniff out the run like Bob did we would be much better. Of course we are hoping our D-line improves this year, but I think a safety to come up and make plays in the run is exactly what we need. You can't really coach toughness. I think coverage could be coached up depending on his potential.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah, I think our starting SS needs to be a hitter, and enforcer first. Let Bethea roam in coverage and get picks. Let Hayden, Powers, and Tryon play their man closer and actually COVER. And let our new SS come up and hit the ball carrier HARD. If that's a RB trying to stretch to the sideline, great. If that's a slot receiver or TE catching a ball over the middle, make him pay or hopefully make him drop the ball. We need someone to lay the wood like Bob did (or as close as possible) without getting hurt all the time. The Colts need to actually get some turnovers this year and make the other team pay for taking the easy underneath throw.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If the Colts don't take a stab at an UDFA SS, what about these free agents?

- Quintin Mikell - Eagles
- Roman Harper - Saints
- Dawan Landry - Ravens
- Donte Whitner - Bills
- Nedu Ndukwe - Bengals
- Jarrad Page - Patriots

Seems like there should be some options in here for the Colts to get a legit starting SS.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I forgot to mention possibly signing either Noel Devine or Derrick Locke to compete for returner spot.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm not a huge fan of Roman Harper and to be honest Dawon Landry is the only other one on that list I know.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
If the Colts don't take a stab at an UDFA SS, what about these free agents?

- Quintin Mikell - Eagles
- Roman Harper - Saints
- Dawan Landry - Ravens
- Donte Whitner - Bills
- Nedu Ndukwe - Bengals
- Jarrad Page - Patriots

Seems like there should be some options in here for the Colts to get a legit starting SS.
Mikell, Whitner (cheap competition), and Page (cheap competition) seem like interesting options. Mikell would be the only one that could walk in and be a starter Day 1, but the other two could at least challenge Bullit or be special teams contributors. The only one on that list that I am fairly certain would be useless is Roman Harper, he's been terrible every time I've watched him play.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Do you think the Colts are confident in Bullit for a starter?

I sure hope not.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Do you think the Colts are confident in Bullit for a starter?

I sure hope not.
I think Bill Polian would've been fine with it. Not sure if Chris will be.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

What kinda comp pick would we get for Sanders?
Is that some possible thinking behind it?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote: