Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was such a huge learning experience. We lost and now have the sting from this loss. The game was literally in our hands and we couldn't squeeze. That failure will be a great motivator. It will also be nice to have an actual off season program this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper, we should be a legitimate contender next year for the Super Bowl, however, it is all going to come down to whether or not Suh can adjust his game. Teams have clearly learned how to play him and now he must adjust if he wants to remain a star. Without Suh as a star, we won't take the next step so I'm really hoping that he can take the next step and go back to dominating OL's.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's premature to think we're anything. Half of the defense will be revamped. That could go either way given our limited capacity to upgrade. Don't have a lot of cap space or high draft picks.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayhew certainly has his fair share of work in front of him. There needs to be some contracts re-structured to be more cap friendly. If he can manage to do that and make serious upgrades to the defense we will have a very serious contender.

However, if he can't and we go into next year with the team pretty close to as is plus some rookies, this team i think still has the ability to compete with GB for the division and either way will certainly be a playoff team.

People seem to forget that this is Staffords first full season, and Fairly should be much better with a full training camp and a healthy foot.

BOTH should take a next step next year. Fairly is a player that should also command double teams and if he plays that way I'm not sure how you can play our Dline. Suh will get more single blocks and avril and KVB should dominate.

I think Fairly will be a difference maker and thought when he played he looked good. Suh in his 3rd year and Fairly in his 2nd. Remember the youth factor because theese guys are far from peaking.

Staffords the same way. He did well this year but lets be real he was a much different QB the last 5 games of the year. You could watch the development in front of our eyes. His decision making should only get better along with his composure.

I expect our offense to be even better next year and our defense, along with some improvements, to get better as well. This is a team on the up swing with very young players. Development and learning is part of the process
Old 01-09-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances Avril leaves about 0, yes?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Chances Avril leaves about 0, yes?
I'd put it at about 70-30 that he stays, but it will come at a cost, both literally and by way of having to cut others like Corey Williams to accommodate the cap hit.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think these guys are out there

Brent Grimes
Carlos Rogers
Cortland Finnegan
Brandon Carr
Tracy Porter
Marcus Trufant
Rashean Mathis

Michael Griffin
Laron Landry

Let Wright walk. I was done with him after the first game in NO when he gave up on that long TD. Bring Tulloch back if you can't get an upgrade.
None of these CB's "thrill" me in FA ... I like Chase Minnifield (UVA), Alfonzo Dennard (Neb) or Brandon Boykin (UGA - rd 2?) & think they would be solid CB's to get in April. Landing one of these corners in FA will be difficult given Megatron is likely getting paid, Avril & Tulloch too.

Safety is another need & I like both the guy's you listed as available. Mike Griffin has the ties with Schwartz/Titans, which could be enticing. He & Delmas would be pretty sweet back there imo. I like his game but @ what co$t, ya know?!
Spievey is "learning" the position & more like a solid back-up to me (but not to Gunther Cunningham!) I also think a guy like Mark Barron (Bama) or Markelle Martin (Ok St) could be pick #23 & step in day 1 & start @ S if they went that direction.
Landry would be solid too, but again addressing these upgrades with FA is tricky, while keeping your own talent paid & in house.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Calvin signed a new deal it could actually save us some money on the cap this year. Worst case scenario he is a Lion for two more years. He's paid his dues for the Lions, I wouldn't be upset if he wants to move on. I think he'll stay though because of Stafford and their connection.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
If Calvin signed a new deal it could actually save us some money on the cap this year. Worst case scenario he is a Lion for two more years. He's paid his dues for the Lions, I wouldn't be upset if he wants to move on. I think he'll stay though because of Stafford and their connection.
I saw an article that Calvins cap number is 22 million this upcoming year. I hope thats not right. Long term deal is a must even if its only 17 or 18 million like I thought. Also based on the 22 million, his franchise number wouldn't be based on the average of the top 5 WR salaries but based on 120% of his cap number making his franchise cap number 26 million in 2013 and 31 million in 2014. Meaning franchising him is impossible unless they get to sign a long term deal. One of the few times the franchise helps the player. My guess is Calvin signs a long term deal at about 16 million per year over 7 years(higher than Fitzgerald). All I have to say is **** the old CBA. Stafford and Suhs numbers should be cut in half just to make things fair.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read it's even higher than that. Kevin Seifert had an alarming blog entry yesterday or today concerning the Lions' problems with keeping Calvin.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I read it's even higher than that. Kevin Seifert had an alarming blog entry yesterday or today concerning the Lions' problems with keeping Calvin.
He had 22 million for 2012. He incorrectly calculated the franchise number though. Performance incentives are not included in the calculation per the CBA. So franchise number would be 22 million also in 2013. Still way too high. Long term deal must get done first and foremost before we get Tulloch or Avril back. I think Suh should restructure as well or we won't get both Tulloch and Avril, we are losing Eric Wright and we'll see what we do with Shaun Hill, Stefan Logan, Hilliard, Backus, Chris Harris/Coleman and Kevin Smith.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

No idea what Logan makes (probably minimal), but I want a new return man. He didn't break any long ones this year and fair caught about 25% too many of his punt opportunities.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

True I'm good with replacing Logan. He was minimal though.

I just looked at 2012 free agents. Chris Houston,Levy,Sammie Lee Hill, Louis Delmas, Corey Williams,Gosder,Aaron Berry,Lawrence Jackson,Durant. Burleson and KVB making big money and Stafford and Suhs cap number growing big. Lions need to be smart with Calvin,Tulloch and Avril this year and have a really good draft.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post

I just looked at 2012 free agents. Chris Houston,Levy,Sammie Lee Hill, Louis Delmas, Corey Williams,Gosder,Aaron Berry,Lawrence Jackson,Durant. Burleson and KVB making big money and Stafford and Suhs cap number growing big. Lions need to be smart with Calvin,Tulloch and Avril this year and have a really good draft.
Pretty well what I figured for next year. Most of our cap money will go to resigning veterans who will expect a raise after a 10-6 season and there will be almost no money for new FA's.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about Calvin's contract numbers. The lowered rookie salaries will lead to a decrease in veteran pay plus the salary cap will continue to rise. There should be plenty of money in the future.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm surprised that you seem to want Tulloch back. Am I the only one who thought he was a huge disappointment? If you just look at the numbers he was pretty good, but if you really watch him play you see mistakes galore. I will be surprised if he's back. He wants to get paid. I don't think we can afford him nor do I think his play warrants a long term deal...Worst case move Levy back to MLB....
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
I'm surprised that you seem to want Tulloch back. Am I the only one who thought he was a huge disappointment? If you just look at the numbers he was pretty good, but if you really watch him play you see mistakes galore. I will be surprised if he's back. He wants to get paid. I don't think we can afford him nor do I think his play warrants a long term deal...Worst case move Levy back to MLB....
Tulloch and Durant are the only ones who can tackle. Tulloch did better than Levy this year. Tulloch was never a coverage guy but can keep guys in front of him and make the tackle very quickly most of time. We'll see what kind of deals Tulloch and Avril want. They have to be smart given the free agents next year and how much Calvin,Suh and Stafford eat up the cap. The old CBA is about to bite us in the ass.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Pretty well what I figured for next year. Most of our cap money will go to resigning veterans who will expect a raise after a 10-6 season and there will be almost no money for new FA's.
Yep. Mayhew is going to have draft real well these next 2 drafts. I think we lose to some players because of the old CBA. Suh, Stafford and Calvin are going to eat up the cap. Calvin really deserves it but not 22 million obviously. It makes me sick how much Stafford makes compared to what Aaron Rodgers makes. If the NFL was fair they would cut Stafford and Suhs cap numbers in half(but they still get the original contract money) but that won't happen.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tulloch and Durant are the only ones who can tackle. Tulloch did better than Levy this year. Tulloch was never a coverage guy but can keep guys in front of him and make the tackle very quickly most of time. We'll see what kind of deals Tulloch and Avril want. They have to be smart given the free agents next year and how much Calvin,Suh and Stafford eat up the cap. The old CBA is about to bite us in the ass.
Or you can just look at it as our previous GM who's name we shall not speak continuing to punish us for his years of ineptitude.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Or you can just look at it as our previous GM who's name we shall not speak continuing to punish us for his years of ineptitude.
Yeah Millen was the problem for the losing but the old CBA bigger problem as we are paying out the ass for Calvin,Stafford and Suh. High draft picks help us get talent but that's it, but based on the old system we pay a big price for that talent. The new system you can get the same talent at half the price which is should be.

See what Stafford, Suh make compared to Rodgers and Jennings and Nelson and you will cry.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tulloch misses a tackle for every tackle he makes. Yes he led our team in tackles, but virtually every teams MLB will lead their team in tackles. Its just the nature of the position. Tulloch has poor speed, constantly over pursues and often takes bad angles. Doesn't properly diagnose play action or screens. Average at best pass coverage. Can't shed blocks.

If you watch the real good MLB's in the NFL they make most of their plays at or near the line of scrimmage. Tulloch makes most of his tackles 5-10 yards past the LOS. Now Durant is actually a good LB. He had a bad game against the Saints, but he was by far our best LB this season IMO.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Tulloch misses a tackle for every tackle he makes. Yes he led our team in tackles, but virtually every teams MLB will lead their team in tackles. Its just the nature of the position. Tulloch has poor speed, constantly over pursues and often takes bad angles. Doesn't properly diagnose play action or screens. Average at best pass coverage. Can't shed blocks.

If you watch the real good MLB's in the NFL they make most of their plays at or near the line of scrimmage. Tulloch makes most of his tackles 5-10 yards past the LOS. Now Durant is actually a good LB. He had a bad game against the Saints, but he was by far our best LB this season IMO.
I agree Durant is the best because he sheds and tackles the best. But Tulloch can tackle and has made many plays on the LOS. Pass coverage is his weak point. We'll see what kind of deal he wants. Lions have to be smart with Avril,Tulloch this offseason given how many free agents in 2012. Calvin must be resigned first and foremost.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a 49ers fan and was rooting for the Lions this past Saturday and even though they lost, they really just need to focus on the secondary and a better receiver opposite Johnson.

Secondary wise, I wouldnt be surprised to see if the Lions go after Finnegan and Griffin to match up with Delmas who they should re-sign. Draft another starting CB in the first round and the team overall will be good for a very long time.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm a 49ers fan and was rooting for the Lions this past Saturday and even though they lost, they really just need to focus on the secondary and a better receiver opposite Johnson.

Secondary wise, I wouldnt be surprised to see if the Lions go after Finnegan and Griffin to match up with Delmas who they should re-sign. Draft another starting CB in the first round and the team overall will be good for a very long time.
Thanks for stopping by & sharing! It's shaping up to be an excellent game in San Francisco this weekend. I am excited to see what your D can do against Brees.

Good call with the FA's ... I like both Finnegan & Griffin but it's unlikely they can 1) afford both & keep their own rising stars in house 2) pluck 2 players from the same team. But in a fantasy scenario those 2 plus a drafted CB would shore up the D in the D :-)
As for a #2 WR ... Titus Young really stepped up in the last 1/3 of the season. I think the chemistry is only going to get better with he & Stafford & we have high hopes for him for the future!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Thanks for stopping by & sharing! It's shaping up to be an excellent game in San Francisco this weekend. I am excited to see what your D can do against Brees.

Good call with the FA's ... I like both Finnegan & Griffin but it's unlikely they can 1) afford both & keep their own rising stars in house 2) pluck 2 players from the same team. But in a fantasy scenario those 2 plus a drafted CB would shore up the D in the D :-)
As for a #2 WR ... Titus Young really stepped up in the last 1/3 of the season. I think the chemistry is only going to get better with he & Stafford & we have high hopes for him for the future!
You're welcome and while its unlikely that the Lions would be able to sign both Finnegan and Griffin, its not impossible. I dont know what your team's cap room is but I do know that they should release a few players like Burleson, Vanden Bosch and Corey Williams because they're not worth the money that they're getting paid.

Delmas, Avril and Tulluch should be re-signed. If the Lions can keep them, somehow sign Finnegan and Griffin, draft a CB in the first round and have a good remaining draft, I think that they would be good for years because they're young.

Of course, before all of that happens, extending Megatron has to be the team's number one priority period. Back in 2007, I wanted my 49ers to trade up for him but I got Patrick Willis and Joe Staley so I cant complain. Solid LT and arguably the best ILB in the league. Its all good.

Back to Megatron, guy is just awesome. Watching him against the Saints defense, he simply crushed them period and if there was ever a game in which the losing team should have had a player of the game award, it was probably Megatron last week.

I'm obviously looking forward to seeing the 49ers/Saints game later today and even if the 49ers lose, their future is bright. And if they do lose today, im just hoping that its not a blow out and the officials better not screw over my team. Honestly, the officials screwed over the Lions last week and against the Packers the week before. It sucks, everyone wants to see the Saints and Packers and thats what the NFL is hoping for and im guessing thats what they'll try to get to. If my 49ers win, then im cheering for the Giants on Sunday. If not, then the Packers. On the bright side, the Ravens are my secondary team so if my 49ers lose, im cheering for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Enjoy the games.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote