Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they're assuming we lose Avril? That is the only reasonable explanation I can think of.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
Maybe they're assuming we lose Avril? That is the only reasonable explanation I can think of.
In the article, they make reference to already having 4 very, very good starters (naming both Avril and KVB). Apparently they've never heard of Lawrence Jackson or Turk McBride (a UFA, however) because they're pleanty of depth, especially considering Suh can slide outside if needed.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Xiomera. Nnamdi would be sick but he's just too expensive. We can't offer anything near the money some other teams will be able to.

Lions have 16.6 mill in cap space. That will go up Thursday when Bryant Johnson, Landon Johnson, and a few others are released. This should give the Lions enough money to sign one high profile FA (not named Nnamdi).

If that's the case I want Tulloch. I think he's exactly what this defense needs. A tackling machine in the middle. Levy has had his ups and downs but misses too many tackles for a MLB. Move him back outside where he is more comfortable and experienced.

I'm really hoping Houston is resigned and we sign a middle of the pack FA corner to compete with Alphonso for the 2nd spot. Berry, Vasher, and Jack Williams the 4, 5, and 6 guys. That should be sufficient with our D-line....We'll get our stud corner in next years loaded draft class.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jon-Joe?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/26...hnathan-joseph

Chirs Mortensen thinks Jonathan Joseph has a great chance of signing with Detroit. That'd be fine with me...
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we get joseph and tulloch im thrilled
Old 07-26-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...andon-McDonald

Lions release Bryant Johnson and re-sign Brandon McDonald CB. Johnson was set to make 3.2 mil. I think the Lions have around 19 million in cap space right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
if we get joseph and tulloch im thrilled
That would be solid by me too.

Except anyone know Joseph's "character'? I don't know much about him. Bengals football is not on my radar. :o)
Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
That would be solid by me too.

Except anyone know Joseph's "character'? I don't know much about him. Bengals football is not on my radar. :o)
Bengals secondary was pretty solid though. If we can take one of their CBs I'll be a happy man.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Durant is the first signing on a 2-year deal.

6-1, 240. Turns 26 in September.

http://www.nfl.com/player/justindurant/2495597/profile

It may seem like an under-the-radar acquisition, but Durant is a true thumper now playing behind a devastating defensive front. He played well at middle linebacker and on the weak side in Jacksonville, so it's not clear where he'll start out in Detroit. If Durant can stay healthy, he's a key piece in the Lions' revamped defense. Beat writer Tom Kowalski doesn't believe a Durant signing has any impact on a potential Stephen Tulloch addition.
rotoworld.com
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the durant pickup. I think we are playing the fa game perfectly. Let someone else overpay for aso and cro. If we leap on Joseph, then great, but we are buyers in a bloated market. Waiting only helps drive Houston's price down.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph to the Texans.

Who we signing now, gents?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tulloch and Chris Carr? or maybe we spend that money on a Guard instead?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

David Joseph just got signed. My dream of Peterman being replaced is dead.

I don't think Carr is good enough.

Richard Marshall or Nate Clements or Chris Houston
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should go after Cromartie. Not a mega deal though. Sign Cro, Barnett/Tulloch, and an OL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

No Cromartie.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Cromartie played great last year. He's kind of dumb but has never been in trouble with the law or anything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Name of CB-How I see things happening.
Nnamdi Asomugha- Do the Eagles still have the money? if not then the 49ers or Jets.
Brent Grimes (RFA)- Falcons
Antonio Cromartie- probably back with the Jets
Brandon Carr (RFA)-Chiefs
Chris Carr-Ravens

Which leaves us with these guys.

Richard Marshall
Carlos Rogers
Eric Wright
Chris Houston

I think we can get Houston back at a reasonable rate. I would kinda like to have two of them, but we'll see.

The Lions are very high on Aaron Berry and Jack Williams. Aaron Berry was hurt in first game(he had an INT earlier that game) and missed most of the year. He could actually become a legitimate starter for us. The problem is that we need a veteran to help stabilize them since "could actually" is different from "is" a legitimate starter. I think Houston might be all we need.

Houston/Berry/Smith/Williams with Vasher and Spievey able to shuffle around at corner and safety.

If we don't go big with an Aso type of player, then just bring Houston back and develop our guys.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-29-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Which leaves us with these guys.

Richard Marshall
Carlos Rogers
Eric Wright
Chris Houston
Lions agreed to terms with CB Eric Wright, formerly of the Browns.
Not exactly Nnamdi Asomugha or Johnathan Joseph. Wright absolutely possesses starting-caliber talent, but his confidence has been shot since being burned by Anquan Boldin for three TDs early last season. He's just 26, so the Lions will consider him sort of a rehab project. He'll be given every opportunity to start.
rotoworld.com
Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on signing Wright. He's a very good player who just didn't have the best season last year. The three years before that he looked like he was on pace to be one of the best corners in the league. I was really hoping we would keep him in Cleveland but none-the-less he's gone due to some internal issues (per a known family member of his on a Browns board). Only knock on him is that he's not the best tackler.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Bears are probably going to sign Roy Williams. I would love to see Delmas light him up. Hopefully the Niners sign Kreutz away from them as well.

Eric Wright is a good pick up. The Browns lacked a pass rush last year and I think it was part of the problem. I'm debating over if they should bring back Chris Houston or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Wright has some potential. One starter down, one to go. Richard Marshall or Houston would work for me.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Josh Wilson signed a 3 year $13.5 mil deal which should have set the market for Wright's deal. We'll say a $4 mil cap hit. thenetrat had us at $11.6 mil under. I think we can grab Tulloch and then have plenty of money to spend throughout the year on pickups.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-30-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Hmm...Alphonso Smith's broken foot might be enough to want Houston back too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...hs-broken-foot

He said he'd be ready to start the regular season, but I still don't like a guy weakened and getting burned for the first 5 weeks because of it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-30-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Justin Durant is the first signing on a 2-year deal.

6-1, 240. Turns 26 in September.

http://www.nfl.com/player/justindurant/2495597/profile

It may seem like an under-the-radar acquisition, but Durant is a true thumper now playing behind a devastating defensive front. He played well at middle linebacker and on the weak side in Jacksonville, so it's not clear where he'll start out in Detroit. If Durant can stay healthy, he's a key piece in the Lions' revamped defense. Beat writer Tom Kowalski doesn't believe a Durant signing has any impact on a potential Stephen Tulloch addition.
rotoworld.com
IMO, this is a very solid pickup, add in Wright and the defense just gets better and better.
Of course, we have to pray Stafford stays healthy or it won't mean much. I hear Backus is banged up, not a good omen.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Nick Barnett is being linked with the Lions. Levy/Barnett/Durant would be a very solid LB corps.