Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 07-31-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Nick Barnett is being linked with the Lions. Levy/Barnett/Durant would be a very solid LB corps.
Its good news he made it out of Buffalo with out signing a contract. Suppose to visit Detroit today. Lock him up. He'll be motivated to beat Green Bay.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Its good news he made it out of Buffalo with out signing a contract. Suppose to visit Detroit today. Lock him up. He'll be motivated to beat Green Bay.
The Green Bay revenge factor might be the clincher. If Barnett is strictly about the money then the Bills have a chance. As long as there are others factors Barnett considers important and the Lions make a fair offer then he should sign for Detroit.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS

Lions signed MLB Stephen Tulloch.
The signing comes as somewhat of a surprise after the Lions inked Justin Durant on Thursday, but Tulloch will slide in immediately as Detroit's middle linebacker. He's being reuinted with Jim Schwartz, who was his defensive coordinator for his first three years in the league. Tulloch's arrival is bad news for DeAndre Levy, who should now be shifted to the outside. Financial details of Tulloch's detail are not yet available, but he reportedly turned down an offer with a $10 million guarantee earlier in the week.
rotoworld.com

Happy Dance

Last edited by boknows34 : 07-31-2011 at 12:34 PM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
My shopping list

CB

Either Chris Carr or Josh Wilson-Depends on who resigns in Baltimore
Eric Wright- Still has the talent to become something
Richard Marshall
Carlos Rogers

LB

Stephen Nicholas- I want this guy on our team. Top Priority.
Stephen Tulloch-If we miss on Nicholas then we're paying big $ and moving Levy
Manny Lawson
Rocky McIntosh
James Anderson
Justin Durant

Others
Harvey Dahl or Justin Blalock Guards from Atlanta
Jason Babin DE Tennessee
Good call Prowler. Free agency has been a success. Another CB and an OL still to come hopefully.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job by Mayhew to get Tulloch on a one year deal.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're one Chris Houston re-signing away from a top 5 NFL defense.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear Stephen Tulloch sucks in pass coverage.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I hear Stephen Tulloch sucks in pass coverage.
I hear you are a closet Bears fan.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Chris Houston's Twttier account says he resigned 2 years, 6 million.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2008 Roster

Defensive Linemen

* 97 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE
* 92 Cliff Avril DE
* 75 Shaun Cody DT
* 98 Landon Cohen DT
* 91 Chuck Darby DT
* 96 Andre Fluellen DT
* 79 Langston Moore DT
* 93 Corey Smith DE
* 99 Dewayne White DE

Linebackers

* 46 Darnell Bing OLB
* 52 Anthony Cannon OLB
* 53 Paris Lenon ILB
* 55 Ryan Nece OLB
* 50 Ernie Sims OLB

Defensive Backs

* 28 Leigh Bodden CB
* 27 Daniel Bullocks SS
* 21 Travis Fisher CB
* 35 LaMarcus Hicks SS
* 24 Kalvin Pearson FS
* 33 Chris Roberson CB
* 38 Ramzee Robinson CB
* 39 Stuart Schweigert FS
* 30 Dexter Wynn CB

Reserve Lists

* 42 Gerald Alexander FS (IR) Injury
* 95 Jared DeVries DE (IR) Injury
* 57 Jordon Dizon ILB (IR) Injury
* 60 Shemiah LeGrande DT (IR) Injury
* 59 Alex Lewis OLB (IR) Injury
* 78 Cory Redding DT (IR) Injury
* 26 Dwight Smith SS (IR) Injury
* 23 Keith Smith CB (IR) Injury
* 31 Stanley Wilson CB (IR) Injury

we have come a long way...Paris Lenon...Travis Fisher....Darby...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Soooo ....

DE Cliff Avril / Willie Young
DT Ndomukong Suh / Nick Fairley / Andre Fluellen
DT Corey Williams / Sammie Lee Hill
DE Kyle Vanden Boesch / Lawrence Jackson

OLB Justin Durant / Ashlee Palmer
MLB Stephen Tulloch
OLB Deandre Levy / Zack Follett / Doug Hogue

CB Chris Houston / Aaron Berry / Brandon McDonald
S Louis Delmas / John Wendling
S Amari Spievey / Erik Coleman / Maurice Leggett
CB Eric Wright / Alphonso Smith / Nathan Vasher

Defensive wish list:
- Try and get DE Turk McBride back for cheap.
- Find another MLB if you're committed to moving Levy outside
- Sign another CB for cheap and upgrade over McDonald/Vasher
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably just keep an eye out for some good cheap oline insurance to fall into our lap.

Backus/Sims/Raiola/Peterman/Cherilus

Fox is finally healthy and should be improved, and Hillard filled in pretty well last year. With that being said, having Cherilus and Backus coming of injuries is scary. Donald Thomas, Gerberry, and Gandy don't exactly inspire confidence in me either.

I'd be tempted to go with a Charlie Johnson type who can play guard and spot tackle, but he's too finesse for my taste.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-31-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I get the impression Mayhew will still find ways to add upgrades. There's a lot of players left out there and more will be cut as the rosters narrow to 53.

Obviously OLine depth, especially on the interior is critical.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Turk McBride reportedly signed with the Saints.

Damn it.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hellooo Willie Young, and more Suh/Fairley as situational DE

Last edited by Calvin & Kevin : 08-02-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What OLineman are there we'd want?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not sure if they are guys we would want but...

Jacob Bell, OG
Leonard Davis, OG
Ryan Harris, RT

Dave Birkett said Jason Fox was playing LT and Donald Thomas was at RT because Gosder and Backus have injuries.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Bobby Carpenter re-signed.

Zack Follett has been released. He said his neck was "on fire" as he tried to compete at camp and he wasn't able to participate in hitting drills.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Jared Gaither is a free agent still somehow.

If only we had the money ...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Jared Gaither is a free agent still somehow.

If only we had the money ...
His back injury is a major red flag to teams. Apparently he failed his physical with the Raiders.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Well in that case, I'd try and bring him in for cheaper.

It ain't happenin, cause Mayhew is content with his OLine starters, but he really shouldn't be. They need to add a tackle with injury concerns to Backus and Gosder.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley had surgery today. He'll miss most of training camp. Hopefully back by the start of the season like Backus with his pec injury. Luckily we are deept at DT but I don't like this foot injury. Fairley rotating in is still a big part of our Dline being a force.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

49ers are shopping Taylor Mays. I'd part with a 5th rounder to see what Schwartz and Cunningham could do with him. I doubt they'd take the trade though. He at least has speed and can hit. I doubt his coverage skills, but he'd help in a rotation or at linebacker.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
49ers are shopping Taylor Mays. I'd part with a 5th rounder to see what Schwartz and Cunningham could do with him. I doubt they'd take the trade though. He at least has speed and can hit. I doubt his coverage skills, but he'd help in a rotation or at linebacker.
I'd be very Happy if Schwartz and crew got him for a cheap trade. He's a ST ace at worst, and a guy who could back up The Missile or compete with Spievey for a starting spot. His athletcism is intriguing, and it's not like our S spots are 100% solid.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Anyone know how Tim Toone has looked in camp? Been a huge fan since he was Mr. Irrelevant.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and FA rbs we could look at now with leshoure out