Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

I know I posted this in another Thread, but I feel as though he deserves his own so let's begin.........

When he comes in as a True Fr. starter for Terrelle Pryor I am assuming, how far do you think he will lead Ohio State in the 5 game suspension of Pryor?

If Miller does well and leads Ohio State to a winning record, does Tressel leave Miller at QB and then move Pryor to WR?

What type of sanctions will he cause Ohio State to have once he does well on the field by having a Buckeye tattoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it happening even as a freshman .It might though, If he can go 5-0 once pryor gets back on the field he'll be back at QB .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think.....this belongs in the CFB Forum.
Pryor starts once he's unsuspended without question.
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where'd he get that tattoo?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Awesomeville.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No need to have this in an NFL Draft forum.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should really move this, yeah.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.
wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.
I don't think he should be moved to WR, but if his NFL position may be that position he should at least play some of the position in games to maybe improve his draft status. It will not hurt to audition for scouts to potentially put a little extra change in his pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.
:)

I do think a lot of people are there are overlooking that game in forecasting the Buckeyes next year. Just because Da U sucked donkey balls this year, doesn't mean they won't be good next year. There is a hell of a lot of talent, and Golden should be a good coach for you guys.

I don't look forward to having a raw QB go up against that defense.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.
he's not all that bad considering he won a Rose Bowl MVP, a Sugar Bowl MVP, and had 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs as a junior.

Braxton is definitely a better pure passer coming out of high school than Pryor though. Great arm and can make all the throws.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!
Bauserman for Heisman.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope its Guiton starting week 1. Bauserman is god awful, and I don't wanna see Miller go against Miami and Michigan State as a true freshman.

It'll be interesting to see who Tressel decides to go with.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.

Last edited by P-L : 01-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think our defense is gonna have a feast in that game.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-17-2011 at 07:52 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.
Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terrelle Pryor is not very good.
This is silly. TP is not a world beater, but he is good. He will be sorely missed, barring an out of nowhere performance by Guiton or Miller.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I will be surprised if we don't struggle mightily to pass the ball without Pryor. We have to be able to run the ball even when the defense knows what we're doing in order to be successful on offense consistently against the likes or Miami and Michigan State.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote