Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Death

I recently had my grandpa and having a tough time dealing with it in many ways. Has anyone here before noticed they have not been able to eat after someone in your family has passed away?
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was raised in a situation that was very alright with death. My father, being a firefighter, had 1001 stories about death and deathly situations and was never afraid to share with me when I was a kid. He's a realist, and he taught me it's something that you just put into it's place and move on from there. Its an unavoidable fact of life that people you know will die. Im well aware that I usually come across callous and cold in these situations, but honestly...if you just recognize that it is what it is and speak fondly of the individual when he's brought up in conversation I think you'll feel much better about it then if you let something so immutable eat way at you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It affects everyone differently. When my grandma and uncle both died, I went to their funerals and didn't cry. Just kind of paid my respects and tried to move on as cold as that sounds.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It affects everyone differently. When my grandma and uncle both died, I went to their funerals and didn't cry. Just kind of paid my respects and tried to move on as cold as that sounds.
I wish it was as easy as that for me. I walked in on my grandma having a stroke when i was in 3rd grade, just about killed me. Now being 19 i still get very emotional. I made some mistakes when i was home and didn't visit my grandpa and now hes gone like that. Im a pallbearer at the funeral, and i might cry more than anyone else at the funeral. Maybe after i see him one last time i will be able to return to eating food. losing 11 pounds doesn't go over well with my coaches.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing I can suggest, and I'm not a psychiatrist, is that you can't change what happened. The only thing you can change is how you think about/treat that person.

I have some regrets to over loved ones but I also had great times. I also had funny memories and also not-so funny ones. But I can laugh when thinking of the funny stuff and I do know that I loved them when they were around.

Hell, I lost two grandparents (from my mom's side) in about 11 months. My grandmother was the last to go and it was the most agonizing experience ever. Her colon was removed and she lived with us, mostly in pain (but able to still use the restroom, eat, drink and function....just had chronic hip pain) and lived with us for 7 months. She then fell off her bed and broke her hip and three weeks later, she wasn't with us anymore.

The one that killed me the most, believe it or not, was the death of my basset hound, after my HS graduation (2009)....that was hard.

But you can't change what you did or didn't do. It's cliche' but also very sobering. But you can change how you remember your loved ones.

Wish for the best.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This too shall pass.

I lost my father when I was nine years old. As he was a veteran, he received a military funeral. While I was enlisted in the U.S. Army, I assigned to a funeral detail. I held it together while folding the U.S. flag, during the 21 gun salute and for Taps. After the funeral was over, as I walked back to the transport bus, I lost it. I broke down. I had a rough month while doing numerous military funerals. That being said, after my father passed my maternal grandfather become a "father" figure to me. He passed just over two years ago. When I was told to come home to California to say my goodbyes, I couldn't hold it in.When I say I cried, that is an understatement.
Alas, in time, all wounds are healed and eventually you will return to normalcy, or as close to it as possible. There are no real "words" anyone, to include myself, can offer that will make you feel better, but know that many of us here have experienced the same, feel for your lose and wish you and your family the very best.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm the kind of guy that never cries at a funeral. I don't see it as mourning someone's death, I see it more as celebrating someone's life that they had here.

For example, a pretty close friend of mine died in a car accident recently, it was very sad, but when I was at the funeral I thought of something that he and I did when we were kids and just kind of chuckled out loud about it, nothing obnoxious, discreet, but when I thought about it, it just made me appreciate that person more.

Think of the positives, and always remember that they are in your heart.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone deals with it differently. Myself, the waterworks usually start pouring out during the eulogy and again when the immediate family gets together for the Irish part of the evening.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost both my parents, but it's just a part of life. I cried at the funeral and everything, but i felt like I was obligated too. Til this day, the only time when the real emotions creep in is when I'm alone in my room or driving in my car alone. One little tiny thing could spark a memory and I can't even find the strength to fight back the tears. Can't say it "gets better" with time, but you'll eventually get better at dealing with it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Everyone deals with it differently. Myself, the waterworks usually start pouring out during the eulogy and again when the immediate family gets together for the Irish part of the evening.
I feel you there, ill be crying the whole time
Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
My mother died this past year and i was asked/told by my sister that i was picked to do the eulogy. My sister's claim was because i lived on the other side of the country i didnt have to deal with Ma going downhill therefore do the eulogy and like it. It went rather well i guess because everyone commented on it. My mother propped me up as a kid growing up and i think she helped get me through that day.

My mother was 90 so maybe i was prepared for it and when she passed i was actually relieved because the last couple of years she had come down with dimentia and she wasnt herself. We would talk every friday long distance and if i had a dime for every time she said she didnt want to live if she didnt have her faculties i'd be rich.

Time seems to heal everything it seems.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is terrible no matter what, I can usually fight back showing how sad/upset I am until I'm alone and something will hit me and spark a random memory. What will get me is seeing someone who I am close with being visibly distraught, that will eat away at me more than anything.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Death only really affects me at the funeral if at all, afterwards however I may think of the departed briefly from time to time but just in a passing thought. After that its mostly like they never existed.

Last edited by trkaline : 01-20-2011 at 01:04 AM.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Death only really affects me at the funeral if at all, afterwards however I may think of the departed briefly from time to time but just in a passing thought. After that its mostly like they never existed.
Ever had someone close to you die?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Ever had someone close to you die?
My mother 6 years ago, my grandparents on my moms side, the only girl I've ever had feelings for, a couple friends.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life is temporary. I just want to live a long time and see lots of cool stuff. I hope your grandpa got to see lots of cool stuff.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week my grandpa died. It was a downer for about 2-3 days. But sometimes you just have to move on. I dont think my grandpa wouldve want me to be so down about this. He wouldve told me "man up and continue your life"

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only death that has ever really affected me is my dog, and it wasn't his death that got to me, it was watching him suffer, tearing up right now thinking about him. I still kind of expect him to greet me at the door sometimes when i come home then I remember that he is gone

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who is cutting onions this early :/

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
who is cutting onions this early :/
IT'S GETTING VERY DUSTY IN HERE, DAMN IT!

Lost two dogs, a friend and a second cousin. Cried like a baby every time, but especially with the two dogs.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My grandfathers died before I was born and no one that I am or could've been very close to had died since. My aunt died when I was 13 or 14 and I did know her but I didn't get that upset about it. I'm sure I'll lose it whenever my grandmothers die. I already feel guilty for not going to see them as much as I should.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

I had a golden retriever pup when I was 3... Around that time I watched Old Yellar for the first time... as well as the last time... One night, my brother opened the door and the dog ran out into the street where it got hit by a car. That is pretty much the highlight that stands out from my childhood, the rest is pretty hazy.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** all that "tough it out" ****. It doesn't work for everybody.

If it is having a major impact on your life, like not eating for a while etc, then you shoudl take the time to talk to someone who deals with loss and grief. They can make a world of difference and get you back onthe right track.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loss of appetite, depression, guilt, etc. are all "normal" reactions under the circumstances.

Sorry for your loss, and good luck working through your feelings. It's never easy, that's for sure.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote