View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
The Beatles 51 68.92%
The Rolling Stones 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, not really a fan of either to be honest. That said, they both have their set of classic songs that almost anyone can listen to and enjoy (myself included).

I respect them a ton because of the impact they had the the music scene, but in terms of putting them on my iPod for something to listen to...not so much.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It isnt about musically better. There are tons of bands whose individual members are all far more instrumentally talented then the members of the Beatles were. And it wasn't about who had a larger musical influence, just who you prefer to listen to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the above Stone songs are all time greats and stand up to any Beatles song, the thing about it is if you are making a top 100 songs list between the Stones and The Beatles; I'm guessing only 20-30 of the songs are from The Rolling Stones, the rest is all Beatles.

The Beatles made SO many ridiculously good songs, that's what puts them far and ahead of just about any band, ever. No competition IMO.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It isnt about musically better. There are tons of bands whose individual members are all far more instrumentally talented then the members of the Beatles were. And it wasn't about who had a larger musical influence, just who you prefer to listen to.
NEITHER, ******!

I don't listen to a ton of bands, or rock music, but if I had to choose somebody I'd probably go with Led Zepplin.

Bring out the Led!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
NEITHER, ******!

I don't listen to a ton of bands, or rock music, but if I had to choose somebody I'd probably go with Led Zepplin.

Bring out the Led!
I prefer Zeppelin to both as well, but they did not come up in the drunken, pantsless conversation until after the poll was made.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I prefer Zeppelin to both as well, but they did not come up in the drunken, pantsless conversation until after the poll was made.
Clearly you were not drinking enough hard liquor or Led Zeppelin would have been included in the discussion.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I drank a significant amount of hard liquor. I am paying for that act right now.
Quote:
Old 01-20-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beatles pretty easily for me. I love both, but The Beatles are my favorite band of all time and the greatest band of all time. John Lennon is only second to Bob Dylan in writing lyrics imo.

The Beatles > Zeppelin

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My answer is Black Sabbath. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

equal. two best bands ever. i think the beatles were better during their time, but the stones played into the 70s and their best music was made between 1968 and 1972 when the Beatles were breaking up/already broken up.

If I made a list of best albums between the two bands or best songs even, the Beatles would have more songs/albums ranked higher.......however I have yet to hear an album better than Exile on Main Street.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-20-2011 at 04:36 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beatles.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mastodon is the correct choice

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beatles are good.

The Rolling Stones are better.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Rolling Stones just because their songs are more fun to play on Rock Band. Yeah, I went that low.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The better question would be Grateful Dead v. The Beatles.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stones all the way.

The early Beatles were the bland 4 Moptops doing Chuck Berry rehashed rock, while the early Brian Jones Stones did Muddy Waters & Howlin' Wolf R&B reworkings.

Beatles have their Sgt. Pepper, White album & Abbey Road but that's where they ended (thanx a lot, Yoko you talentless *****), enjoying great solo members careers only afterward. The Stones have all the classic Brian Jones early stuff + Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exiles on Main Street, etc. & the best part is they kept on rolling through the Mick Taylor & Ron Wood personnel changes, still touring through their 60-s & 70s, they're embedded as the best rock & roll band ever, end of story. They're a band for life & will be playing until they drop.

I lost my job & a semester from college when I chased the Stones concert tour across 4 Southern states, from Texas to Alabama, in the Summer of 72.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with the Beatles personally, but the Stones are incredible. But nothing relaxes me like the song Within You Without You..

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Stones all the way.

The early Beatles were the bland 4 Moptops doing Chuck Berry rehashed rock, while the early Brian Jones Stones did Muddy Waters & Howlin' Wolf R&B reworkings.

Beatles have their Sgt. Pepper, White album & Abbey Road but that's where they ended (thanx a lot, Yoko you talentless *****), enjoying great solo members careers only afterward. The Stones have all the classic Brian Jones early stuff + Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exiles on Main Street, etc. & the best part is they kept on rolling through the Mick Taylor & Ron Wood personnel changes, still touring through their 60-s & 70s, they're embedded as the best rock & roll band ever, end of story. They're a band for life & will be playing until they drop.

I lost my job & a semester from college when I chased the Stones concert tour across 4 Southern states, from Texas to Alabama, in the Summer of 72.
I grew up in the wrong era.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I grew up in the wrong era.
Me too. I wish I could've lived through the 60's and 70's, and since the world is turning to crap now, I wouldn't have to be around much longer..
Old 01-24-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't Bieber on the list?! He plays guitar, drums, sings, dances AND can't even see glass... Who in the beatles or stones did that?

but really it's The Beatles. I was born in the 90's but The Beatles were my childhood. No other band even comes close to how awesome they are.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Stones....imo they're a bit more entertaining and appeal more to my musical preference. Tumbling Dice, Wild Horses, Honky Tonk Woman, Street Fighting Man(I also love Motley Crue's cover).

Since I had to choose between the 2 I went with the Stones but my absolute fave. band is Ac/Dc and its not close lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from a couple songs, I never liked anything about The Stones. Grew up on The Beatles. That one's easy.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a poll for most overrated rock band ever?

*ducks and runs*

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is this a poll for most overrated rock band ever?

*ducks and runs*
Band or bands?
Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Band or bands?
Band, since you would be picking one or the other.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote