Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-22-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default I Am Legend... Prequel?

I have heard and read that there will be a prequel to I Am Legend, starring Will Smith..

I love the idea and concept of the movie. Does anyone know anything more and know if this is true or false?

Thanks, greatly appreciated.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will probably get merged.

Anyways, I enjoyed the first one up until the dog died. Then it fell to pieces.
Not sure why they need a prequel when almost all of the back story was given in this movie.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused as to what the prequel could be about?

I do think a SEQUEL could be done. If you've read the book, if you take some creative twists you can make the first movie lead into the 2nd half of the book.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Not sure why they need a prequel when almost all of the back story was given in this movie.
Dude, we have the exact same opinion.

The movie was oscar worthy up until the dog died, then it just fell apart. Not enough action after that, the ending sucked, and the overall sadness of the dog dying just distracts you from the movie alittle bit.

Anyway, does anyone have anymore information on if this is ACTUALLY going to be filmed for not?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Yep pretty much this. The first two thirds wasn't all that bad. Once the chick and child showed up tho it went to ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yep pretty much this. The first two thirds wasn't all that bad. Once the chick and child showed up tho it went to ****.
Same thing happened with Hancock minus the child part. Maybe next Will Smith movie they make, halfway through the movie they should just call it a rap and release that...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

book was way better than the movie, idk why so many critics loved it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given how disappointing I am legend the movie was, I won't be seeing it if there is a prequel.

I laughed at the ending, but that is because I always imagined they brought the blood sample containing the antidote to this colony and no one there knew what to do with it or had the facilities to extract the antidote.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Given how disappointing I am legend the movie was, I won't be seeing it if there is a prequel.

I laughed at the ending, but that is because I always imagined they brought the blood sample containing the antidote to this colony and no one there knew what to do with it or had the facilities to extract the antidote.
I second this. It's a shame because it could have been an all-time, academy award type movie up until the dog died. I have no idea what they were thinking.

I didn't know Michael Vick was co-director...!!!! LOLZZZZZ

Anyway, everyone loves dogs so that just ruined it, then anna and ethan come and its just boring and the ending is epically bad.

But i will still ask, does anyone know if this is actually in development....?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The scene where he has to kill the dog in his arms is my single strongest memory of that movie. I actually liked it. I thought it was powerful, and I needed to see some kind of bad thing actually happen in the forward plot, not some flashback or suspense of the thought that it could.

And I own a German Shepherd...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Smh.. I almost cried at that bro.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PREQUEL IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually enjoyed it.
I plan on reading the book too since everyone seems to think it was >>> than the movie

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I googled it I got a lot of "IAL sequel greenlit" stuff.

IMDB has something for it in 2013.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually enjoyed it.
I plan on reading the book too since everyone seems to think it was >>> than the movie
I liked it too. The first hour was epic, but after that I think it tailed off.

I really wish they thought of a better last half hour though, the lack of action and ending really prevented this movie from being a classic.

If there is a prequel, hopefully it lights hollywood on fire and brings back some credibilty to the first movie as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Smh.. I almost cried at that bro.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PREQUEL IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!?
Crying is a good thing for me. ;)

And after googling it and clicking the 2nd thing that popped up, here's what Will Smith said after being asked:

Quote:
Collider: Speaking of Robert Neville and I am Legend, there has been a lot talk about you possibly doing a prequel or sequel to that film. Could you tell us what it is and what excites you about going back to that character?

Will Smith: We have a fantastic prequel idea…we’re still trying to work through a couple of bumps in the story. It’s essentially the fall of the last city – the last stand of Manhattan. The movie would be…within the body of the movie D.C. and then Manhattan would fall as the last city. It’s a really cool idea trying to figure it out…there’s a reason why we have to take a small band and we have to get into D.C. So we have to make our way from New York to D.C. and then back to New York.

Question: Will the dog be back in it?

Will Smith: Yes, the dog will be a puppy.
This was in Dec. 2008. IMDB lists an "Untitled I Am Legend Prequel (2013)" in it's listings, and puts it as "in development," also.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the entire movie. I didnt have a problem with the dog getting killed. Ultimately it was the most powerful moment of the whole movie.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The book was a million times better then the movie. They butchered it, especially the ending. I was disappointed because it had one of the best teaser trailers Ive ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The book was a million times better then the movie. They butchered it, especially the ending. I was disappointed because it had one of the best teaser trailers Ive ever seen.
I thought the first hour was epic, then it was just awful.

Hopefully if this prequel or whatever happens they realize the ending was trash and make it their main focus.

I wonder, could they be going by the alternate ending and make a sequel with Will Smith still alive...?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

By the way, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe an I Am Legend remake...then a prequel.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope not @ remake
It wasn't Spider Man 3 bad where they needed to fire everyone and start over from scratch

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I hope not @ remake
It wasn't Spider Man 3 bad where they needed to fire everyone and start over from scratch
Yeah but it could have been infinitely better.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.
Glad we could be of google to you.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder, could they be going by the alternate ending and make a sequel with Will Smith still alive...?
Whats your guys thoughts on preferred ending? I didnt really like the alternate ending as much as the original. I know in the very beginning his daughter said " Daddy look a butterfly" in the car ride. What was the connection at the end between the butterflys? Just him wanting to be back with who Will had taken. An Will wanting to be back with his daughter?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote