Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Harrison had the most well balanced season of all three, beating both in all categories (including fines) except sacks, and TD.

James Harrison - 70 solo tackles, 30 assisted, 11 sacks, 2 INTs, 6 forced fumbles, 5 passes defended, 0 TDs.

DeMarcus Ware - 56 solo tackles, 10 assisted, 16 sacks, 0 INTs, 2 forces fumbles, 1 pass defended, 1 TD.

Tamba Hali - 37 solo tackles, 15 assisted, 15 sacks, 0 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 3 passes defended, 0 TDs.
I don't have beef with Harrison getting it at all, but I think Hali is more deserving than Ware would be.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't see how Ray Lewis isn't here. He sat out 5 plays the entire 2010-2011 season and had incredible stats for a linebacker.
Fixed it for you.

I have serious problems with Mankins and Wayne being in the team. Also Jason Peters in the 2nd team, what did he do that makes people think he is good? I can't work it out, he had a solid season in a contract year 3 or more years ago and has been very ordinary ever since?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I don't have beef with Harrison getting it at all, but I think Hali is more deserving than Ware would be.
Hali was a god damned force this year and I have no idea why people fail to recognize this consistently. He might not be super flashy like Cameron Wake, but he's just as disruptive....yet somehow receives half the praise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap. Riddle me this: Michael Huff 2nd team All Pro. What the....

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Fixed it for you.

I have serious problems with Mankins and Wayne being in the team. Also Jason Peters in the 2nd team, what did he do that makes people think he is good? I can't work it out, he had a solid season in a contract year 3 or more years ago and has been very ordinary ever since?
Jason Peters allowed 2 sacks this season and 0 in the second half of the season and LeSean McCoy averaged 7.6 YPC when running outside of Jason Peters. Jason Peters should've made first team over Thomas and Long seeing as he allowed less sacks and is a better run blocker.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Read today that 94% of Lloyd's receptions this season resulted in first downs. Pretty good for a guy with over 70 receptions.
That guy had more yards that Reggie Wayne with less receptions. A bunch of more touchdowns too. Wayne doesn't deserve to be on the list.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
Jason Peters allowed 2 sacks this season and 0 in the second half of the season and LeSean McCoy averaged 7.6 YPC when running outside of Jason Peters. Jason Peters should've made first team over Thomas and Long seeing as he allowed less sacks and is a better run blocker.
To further illustrate how terribly off-base the guy you quoted was, Peters was absolutely terrible in his contract year after his hold out with the Bills. He was incredible for the year and a half before that though playing on both sides of the line.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Osi, Tuck, and Snee all make the second team at least. Rolle had a good year but not really deserving of an all pro mention.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but may I have a link, please? I want to see how other OTs did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
To further illustrate how terribly off-base the guy you quoted was, Peters was absolutely terrible in his contract year after his hold out with the Bills. He was incredible for the year and a half before that though playing on both sides of the line.
But he had a bad year before- doesn't that mean that he always sucks?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Mankins doesn't deserve to be there.
You can't be serious...? So what if Mankins missed 7 games... Ed Reed missed six games and I don't hear any criticism of that. Mankins was arguably the best guard in football in 2010 so this is very much deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but may I have a link, please? I want to see how other OTs did.
You can find those stats at www.profootballfocus.com. Unfortunatly it's not free any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Harrison had the most well balanced season of all three, beating both in all categories (including fines) except sacks, and TD.

James Harrison - 70 solo tackles, 30 assisted, 11 sacks, 2 INTs, 6 forced fumbles, 5 passes defended, 0 TDs.

DeMarcus Ware - 56 solo tackles, 10 assisted, 16 sacks, 0 INTs, 2 forces fumbles, 1 pass defended, 1 TD.

Tamba Hali - 37 solo tackles, 15 assisted, 15 sacks, 0 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 3 passes defended, 0 TDs.
You left out QB Pressures, Hali and Ware were 1st and 2nd in the league with 59 and 56.

I think Harrison gets the edge over them for All Pro because of the success of his team, none of the 3 really jump out when you look at stats imo. It could have been any one of them.

I'd be curious to see Matthews' stats. I know he beasted in the first 2 or 3 games then went cold for a while.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are at least ten WRs more deserving of this than Wayne.

Can't disagree with anything else though.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's the punter? Most underrated position.

1st team punter s/b Andy Lee, 49ers. The fact that McDaniels risked & lost his job over videotaping him practice in London is a measure of great respect for his leg.

Quote:
Completely agree. If Dallas Clark wasn't hurt & missing games he would have been the TE vs. Witten.

As much as I dislike him, Janikowski didn't have his usual slumpage & suckage this yr & was clutch for the Raiders, deserved at least 2nd team kicker recognition.

from the 2nd team:

Quote:
DEFENSE

Ends_Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants; Justin Tuck, New York Giants.

Tackles_Vince Wilfork, New England; Kyle Williams, Buffalo.
Wilfork s/b there, maybe 1st team. The Giants DL regressed this yr just like last yr. & folded as games wore on. Where is Tommy Kelly? He had a breakout yr, as did McFadden at RB, Raiders still the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, get zero respect

Last edited by LizardState : 01-25-2011 at 09:21 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Sacks Allowed:http://hosted.stats.com/fb/players.asp

And since you wanted to compare it to others:
Jason Peters: 2 sacks allowed
Joe Thomas: 4.5 sacks allowed
Jake Long: 6 sacks allowed
D'Brickshaw Ferguson: 2 sacks allowed
Jordan Gross: 7 sacks allowed
Michael Roos: 10 sacks allowed
Ryan Clady: 7 sacks allowed

And if you want the starting RB numbers behind the LT go to the RB's yahoo page and click on situational stats.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy for Kyle Williams because he had a tremendous season. But I was going to be upset that he got the nod over Justin Smith. Then I read that Darren Sharper and Michael Huff received votes and realized that the All-Pro team is now a complete joke and should not be taken seriously.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

Can't disagree with anything else though.
Name your 10.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Holy crap. Riddle me this: Michael Huff 2nd team All Pro. What the....
One vote. He tied 7 others with 1 vote for the second safety spot on the second team.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Name your 10.
Well..

Roddy White
Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Hakeem Nicks
Andre Johnson

Could all easily be put above Wayne..and you can make an argument for:
Steve Johnson BUF
Mike Williams TB
Desean Jackson and MAclin both had good years.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Well..

Roddy White
Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Hakeem Nicks
Andre Johnson

Could all easily be put above Wayne..and you can make an argument for:
Steve Johnson BUF
Mike Williams TB
Desean Jackson and MAclin both had good years.
2nd Catches
3rd Yards
2nd First Downs

All while pulling double coverages. Yet all those people had better seasons than him?

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2nd Catches
3rd Yards
2nd First Downs

All while pulling double coverages. Yet all those people had better seasons than him?
He looked like garbage a lot of the time, and only put up those numbers because Peyton ran out of targets with Clark out, Garcon being terrible, and Collie having 17 concussions.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He looked like garbage a lot of the time, and only put up those numbers because Peyton ran out of targets with Clark out, Garcon being terrible, and Collie having 17 concussions.
He hit Garcon 67 times, Collie 58 times, Tamme 67 times, White 36 times, so Manning spread the ball around pretty well. Wayne caught 25% of Manning's completions. Roddy White caught nearly 32% of Ryan's. Most of the people named caught similar amounts of their teams passes as Wayne did for the Colts.

Lloyd - 23%
Jennings - 22%
Bowe - 26%
Johnson - 20%
Wallace - 20%
Nicks - 23%
Johnson - 24%

So to say that the only reason that Wayne did well was because Manning threw more to him is just false.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2nd Catches
3rd Yards
2nd First Downs

Stats get him in the discussion, but truth be told...

Roddy White
Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Hakeem Nicks
Andre Johnson

...were all better football players this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Stats get him in the discussion, but truth be told...

Roddy White
Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Hakeem Nicks
Andre Johnson

...were all better football players this year.
I agree that you can't rely on stats. But without watching every single solitary game you can't say that one player was definately better than others. I wouldn't have had Wayne as a 1st Team All Pro. I'd have had White and Lloyd. My 2nd Team All Pros would have been Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne. I felt he played better than Jennings, Bowe and Calvin Johnson. Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks had breakout years but weren't in that league.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand when people use catches as if having a ton helps their case, because it most cases it does the opposite.

Reggie Wayne (and Roddy White) have such good numbers because they have so many catches and chances. Having similar production with fewer opportunities, like Dwayne Bowe and Greg Jennings, is much more impressive.