Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Scarface
Rookie

Scarface smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan86 View Post
the best rapper out there is either 50 cent or will smith they are so good and dont promote getting drunk on weed and stuff
i agree +rep
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive gotten a little knack for listening to do or die now
Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
most of dj khaleds work is great.. love t-pain n the song im so hood is good... Chamillionaire is awesome to... and as for Kanye West, i think his best song is Touch The Sky
dj khaled stinks. t pain is weak. chamillionaire good. kanye west is ***.

go listen to to some real rap
Bone thugs
2pac
biggie
gangstarr
outkast
nas
dr dre
wu tang

there isnt such a thing as rap right. it is hip pop every rapper now would get crushed by the OG's
Old 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its all about The U View Post
who would you say are the greatest rap groups of all time

i'd go

1. Wu Tang Clan
2. N.W.A.
3. Public Enemy
4. A Tribe Called Quest
5. Run DMC / Beasite Boys
1. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (too unique and too many hits also only ones to collab with eazy e, Big, 2pac, big pun, many more)
2. Wu Tang Clan (lyrical geniuses)
3. N.W.A. (were the pioneers but IMO dont match the skills of the first 2 groups)
4. Outkast (unique style and great lyrics)
5. Run DMC (old school)
Old 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunit2k7 View Post

Bone thugs
2pac
biggie
gangstarr
outkast
nas
dr dre
wu tang

there isnt such a thing as rap right. it is hip pop every rapper now would get crushed by the OG's
I find this post to be very enlightening. Your knowledge seems vast and your speech is eloquent. Please, tell us more so that we can be cool like you. Tell us more about this "biggie" and "2pac" you speak of.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hip hop is so weak right now and really has been since 94, the only "popular" rapper worth anything right now is Common as he's still doing it despite Kanye's beats. Common is a top 5 emcee don't care what anyone says, if you don't think so you don't know hip hop, with his new stuff I don't particularly like most of his beats but the content is still rediculous. He's been doing it for a while now and all of his stuff is classic other than maybe Electric Circus but that was a daring album and can be considered musical genius, just not my flavor. I cringe when I hear people saying "isn't he that guy from the gap commercial." Everyone thinks he's soft or whatever but he is a lyricist, and anyone who has listened to resurrection or like water for chocolate knows that he has some of the hardest and most raw lyrics ever. He could rap to no beat and I'd buy it, his lyrical content is amazing, for anyone who wants real hip hop do some research on him because he is commonly no pun intended mis perceived. He is by far my fave new age rapper. Rap right now is so bad, the new jack movement really corrupted it as well as the west coast movement which has evolved into crap. Still my faves will always be Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, and of course Slick Rick, the dude didn't write rhymes he told stories. Also a lot that I have left out of course KRS, Kurt Blow, Melle Mel.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I find this post to be very enlightening. Your knowledge seems vast and your speech is eloquent. Please, tell us more so that we can be cool like you. Tell us more about this "biggie" and "2pac" you speak of.
notorious thugs has some of raps nastiest verses ever. (big and bizzy)
Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
notorious thugs has some of raps nastiest verses ever. (big and bizzy)
For real? Never heard of them. Do you know how to freestyle? There used to be a guy on here named jetsfuture who would post his freestyles all the time and it was very entertaining. He got banned though because his lyrics were way too hardcore for this site.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
For real? Never heard of them. Do you know how to freestyle? There used to be a guy on here named jetsfuture who would post his freestyles all the time and it was very entertaining. He got banned though because his lyrics were way too hardcore for this site.
no sir. just listen and try to sing with song not my own stuff
Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't know Notorious BIG or 2pac...?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
no sir. just listen and try to sing with song not my own stuff
Alright well I'll stop messing with you then. I thought we might have a diamond in the rough on our hands here.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like to share Melle Mel's most recent video. Video is kinda corny but for his age he is still hitting it. He was one of the original grandfathers for hip hop, everyone gives Grandmaster flash credit but it is Melle Mel who drew everyone in, his rhyme used to be so crazy. Most Emcee's his age have lossed it but he is still great. I mean he's almost 50 years old and look at them damn muscles. Funny how his CD is entitle "Muscles". There would be no Biggie or Tupac if there wasn't Mel.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tJR09b-Tsc

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You don't know Notorious BIG or 2pac...?
No I don't. Please tell me about them.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
I understand your POV but my statement isn't ignorant in any sense. I'm not one that says "Tupac's the best" after listening to Thugs Mansion a few times. His songs were were all different and meant something. Although I like BIG, all his songs are about weed, girls, and liqour. Compared to Tupac he's just got nice flow/rhymes. Tupac had a remarkable talent of flow + storytelling/meaning. Perfect example is "Brenda's Got a Baby". It has nice rhymes/flow, no repeat chorus over and over, and tells a depictive story. Plus he's got so many great songs.
I'm interested to hear who you think is better because I don't think there is any. Not saying it in a bad way, I just don't know anyone out there.
agreed for the most part. the thing i liked about biggie more than anyone was how smooth he was on the mic. two different styles tupac is more the realer harder style talking about stuff that hes witnessed and stuff that goes on in the hood whereas biggie man makes stuff about living the life of a celebrity of that. both are amazing its hard to say whos better because they are both unique talents. i personally think big could switch it up more like in notorious thugs he tried to adapt the bone style and he laid that down perfectly. i personally never thought tupac switched it up as much.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
ArtfulDodger

Ghettosermon is just getting old.... Hiphop is as good as it has ever been. Just because its not on the radio doesn't mean its dead.

Bone Thugz and Harmony suck.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I don't. Please tell me about them.

They are legends... If you honestly don't know about them you don't know what "rap" actually is.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:

They are legends... If you honestly don't know about them you don't know what "rap" actually is.
And if you honestly thought that wasn't sarcasm then you don't know how to detect it when it's tapping you on the shoulder.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
And if you honestly thought that wasn't sarcasm then you don't know how to detect it when it's tapping you on the shoulder.
Thats why I said if you are serious and I put the dots, I thought it was sarcasm...

Alot of the posters on this site are around 17 or 18 so I didn't know if you had actually heard of them or you were being sarcastic. I was thinking (and praying) that you were being sarcastic, thats why I didn't care to elaborate.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Thats why I said if you are serious and I put the dots, I thought it was sarcasm...

Alot of the posters on this site are around 17 or 18 so I didn't know if you had actually heard of them or you were being sarcastic. I was thinking (and praying) that you were being sarcastic, thats why I didn't care to elaborate.
Yeah, no need to ask. That first post was blatantly sarcastic. I was just trying to have a little fun here. Didn't really work out though.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, no need to ask. That first post was blatantly sarcastic. I was just trying to have a little fun here. Didn't really work out though.
Damn you crazy Europeans ;)

Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

what do u guys think is the best rap cd ever? i am a little biased to bone because i have been listening to them since i was 5. with that said im going to say E.1999 Eternal for the best rap cd ever. There are plenty of cds you can make a good case for mine being that there are no weak tracks on this album and the weaker ones are still listenable. also with classics like down 71, tha crossroads, first of the month, buddah lovaz, mo murda, mr bill collector, east 1999, eternal, da introduction this is truly a masterpiece. others i would consider as great are ready to die, illmatic, chronic 2001, moment of truth.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Bone thugs
2pac
biggie
gangstarr
outkast
nas
dr dre
wu tang

How are those rappers "OG's"?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
true the ogs are like nwa public enemy run dmc but compared to today they are og's. i consider the best from the 90s the og's because that was when rap was at its peak.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I was waiting for someone to comment...

Bone Thugz do suck, BTW. Whoever said that before is a smart man.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I was waiting for someone to comment...

Bone Thugz do suck, BTW. Whoever said that before is a smart man.
how do they suck? they have one of the greatset rap cd's ever as well as many amazing songs
Thuggish Ruggish Bone
For the Love of $
No Surrender
Crossroads
East 1999
First of the Month
Days of our Livez

how can bone thugs suck when they invented a new style and have collaborated with biggie, 2pac, eazy e, mariah carey, big pun, twista, etc.
and they have sold 30 million+ records
it is hard to find a more influential song and more popular song in rap history compared to tha crossroads. that is a fact not opinion. crossroads tied the beatles record for fastest rising single. won a grammy for best music video and much more.

Last edited by Cunit2k7 : 11-01-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: forgot something