Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Plaxico Burress coming back to NFL

No link, but this is what I am hearing.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Plaxico Burress?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico Burress.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Plaxico Burress?

yupppppppp (needed a 10 letter response for some reason)
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think Plax has anything left?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Anybody think Plax has anything left?

He should be plenty rested.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

Omg thank god this would be good. If they could draft hankerson get clayton back and maybe vjax with burress too would be sick. They should give him a shot. Is he out of jail?
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Burress in Oakland

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read a few articles also saying the Giants and Ravens could be potential suitors.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Giants to sign him.

Come back home Plax. Come back home.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want to be a negative nancy here, but I don't think he'll be very good when he comes back.

He'll be 34 by the start of next season, and if all goes well, it should take him at least one year to get re-acclimated to the league, workouts, and football, in general (basing myself on Vick though, and what happened to him).

That means he'll be 35 at the start of the "real comeback," which isn't a great age to start one, especially at the WR position. Vick was thirty when this season started.

He also had a pretty bad last year (statistically). Giants fans will have to help me out on this, as I don't quite recall if he was injured or not, but here's what he put up:

10 games, 35 catches, 454 yards, 4 TD's.

So, I'm guessing he's lost speed, agility, ability to get separation, and a couple other skills. As much as I'd love for him to come back strong, I think his time as a good receiver is done.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take him as a red zone threat alone. I wouldn't expect him to do much else but we don't need him to be the #1 with Nicks, Smith, and Manningham around.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'll take him as a red zone threat alone. I wouldn't expect him to do much else but we don't need him to be the #1 with Nicks, Smith, and Manningham around.
This. While he develops his conditioning, we can use him as a redzone threat for the first year, and by next year he'll be back athletically. Just like Vick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Don't want to be a negative nancy here, but I don't think he'll be very good when he comes back.

He'll be 34 by the start of next season, and if all goes well, it should take him at least one year to get re-acclimated to the league, workouts, and football, in general (basing myself on Vick though, and what happened to him).

That means he'll be 35 at the start of the "real comeback," which isn't a great age to start one, especially at the WR position. Vick was thirty when this season started.

He also had a pretty bad last year (statistically). Giants fans will have to help me out on this, as I don't quite recall if he was injured or not, but here's what he put up:

10 games, 35 catches, 454 yards, 4 TD's.

So, I'm guessing he's lost speed, agility, ability to get separation, and a couple other skills. As much as I'd love for him to come back strong, I think his time as a good receiver is done.
At the time, our playbook relied heavily on Burress to clear out the defense. He was doubled basically every play, sometimes in zone they'd slide 3 guys his way. So that opened up the underneath for other guys, and Eli would just go elsewhere.

Burress was never a freak athlete, he was just huge. He wasn't ever really fast, if he can get his strength up and regain most of his speed, which I think he can, he'll be fine after a year.

He probably has a good 2 to 3 years left in the tank. It's worth the gamble in my eyes.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Either get one or report it yourself, sorry.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a link saying the Giants will contact him when the time is right. There's also some stuff out there about the Ravens being interested. Maybe you can change the title to teams interested in Plax?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...propriate-time

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm hoping Plax comes back to the Giants. The team treated him well, and he has a lot of friends on the team. He'll get more support here than anywhere else.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should come home to DC, then we wouldnt have to spend a high pick on a WR.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say he ends up in St. Louis. They have a huge need and Spags knows him. Then they can use their 1st rounder on something other than a WR.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm hoping Plax comes back to the Giants. The team treated him well, and he has a lot of friends on the team. He'll get more support here than anywhere else.
John Crist doubts it.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1043456&nid=3672449&fhn=1
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
One man's opinion. He doesn't present anything of substance, just speculation on his part.

I think the Giants are very interested in bringing him back.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Doesn't Coughlin still visit him in jail?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know a lot of players do. Not sure about Coughlin. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Giants are front runners to get him back. He just has a lot of support here.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Man, he'd be awesome on the Eagles. He'd give them that big-bodied threat in the red zone they are desperately lacking.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I say he ends up in St. Louis. They have a huge need and Spags knows him. Then they can use their 1st rounder on something other than a WR.
Given Plax's age, I would argue it would be wise for the Rams to draft a WR even if they did bring him in.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'd forever disown him if he went to the Eagles.