Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Most Mobile Starting QB (excluding Vick)
Tony Romo 9 9.68%
Big Ben 19 20.43%
Josh Freeman 12 12.90%
Aaron Rodgers 41 44.09%
Other 12 12.90%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsFreak5 View Post
Do you watch football?

Freeman is very mobile and is amazing at getting away from linemen. Him and Big Ben are very similar. Big guys with crappy o-lines so they have to avoid a lot of sacks and make plays on the run. I don't know how Aaron Rodgers has so many votes. Freeman and Big Ben are more mobile.
How about because he was 2nd among QBs in rushing yards this year? Or some of the absolutely insane escapes he has made? Don't get me wrong, Freeman and Big Ben are right up there, but to just dismiss Rodgers out of hand seems to indicate you are either a major homer or you haven't really seen him play.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Oh, and stop making Freeman threads. Its annoying.
I'm confused, this is my first thread where i mention Freeman. Stop being a Freeman hater. It's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Freeman is a mobile qb? Just cause he is black doesn't mean he is mobile.
Freeman was 2nd amongst all QBs in rushing yards.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 01-27-2011 at 08:50 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, anyone voting anything but other on this is sipping on some serious homer juice.

It is either Tebow or Joe Webb at this point, I'd lean towards Webb because he is actually very Vickesque as an athlete at QB.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone votes for anyone but those two but don't let me be the one who keeps you from getting swept up in media hype or anything.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
My mistake, Freeman passed Rodgers the last game of the year. Freeman out rushed Rodgers by 8 yards in one less game.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Honestly, anyone voting anything but other on this is sipping on some serious homer juice.

It is either Tebow or Joe Webb at this point, I'd lean towards Webb because he is actually very Vickesque as an athlete at QB.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone votes for anyone but those two but don't let me be the one who keeps you from getting swept up in media hype or anything.
Yes! This man knows what he's talking about. Joe Webbzzzzzzzzzz!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

But can Webb really be considered a starting NFL QB? While he did start the last 2 games, it was because of injury and not promotion (as in Tebow's case). How many people expect Webb to be a starter come September (whereas we expect Tebow will)?
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But can Webb really be considered a starting NFL QB? While he did start the last 2 games, it was because of injury and not promotion (as in Tebow's case). How many people expect Webb to be a starter come September (whereas we expect Tebow will)?
Well he started the last 2 and at this point is the only QB likely to be back so he is a starter at this moment ;). Either way, Tebow is more mobile than any of the guys on the poll and thus everyone should be voting other.

Plus I just wanted to plug Joe Webbzzz, the most likeable Vikes QB since Randall Cunningham!(Should that read the only likeable?)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm confused, this is my first thread where i mention Freeman. Stop being a Freeman hater. It's annoying.

I don't hate Freeman. At all. I hate the flurry of new Bucs posters who joined during the season and started making a new thread every 12 hours about how he's the second coming. That's what really pisses me off. The last one of them I neg repped whined to Scott about it. I was a big fan of Freeman coming out and I thought he showed a ton of potential his rookie season, but this barrage of new, annoying Bucs fans has prevented me from taking any pleasure in his success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
My mistake, Freeman passed Rodgers the last game of the year. Freeman out rushed Rodgers by 8 yards in one less game.
oh crap, I thought you died while hitch hiking.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't hate Freeman. At all. I hate the flurry of new Bucs posters who joined during the season and started making a new thread every 12 hours about how he's the second coming. That's what really pisses me off. The last one of them I neg repped whined to Scott about it. I was a big fan of Freeman coming out and I thought he showed a ton of potential his rookie season, but this barrage of new, annoying Bucs fans has prevented me from taking any pleasure in his success.
While I agree that some Bucs fans are annoying as hell, since the beginning of the season, there's been a huge total of 2 Freeman thread on the pro football board started by a Bucs fan. One of them was the Freeman vs Cassel thread (although I have to see the other one was pretty stupid).
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Matt Cassel mention? I am disappoint.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I went with Rodgers, but I imagine you could make a case for Tebow if he had more games under his belt. I think that's the first positive thing I've ever said about Tebow as an NFL QB.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
While I agree that some Bucs fans are annoying as hell, since the beginning of the season, there's been a huge total of 2 Freeman thread on the pro football board started by a Bucs fan. One of them was the Freeman vs Cassel thread (although I have to see the other one was pretty stupid).
I must have been counting the large number of threads they've hijacked and turned into OMG FREESUS threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I must have been counting the large number of threads they've hijacked and turned into OMG FREESUS threads.
Haha, you must be talking about this guy.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben and Freeman are very mobile and are the best at shaking off defenders and avoiding sacks.

Rodgers has the best footwork out of the QBs you have selected. His movement in the pocket and being able to side step and move. I just love his mobility.

I'd have to go with Big Ben, but it's really close.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
oh crap, I thought you died while hitch hiking.
Nope, I'm alive and now living in San Diego--although I may be moving soon.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Its crazy how Rodgers is winning by a landslide, when I can name several QB's more mobile such as Big Ben, Freeman, Cutler, Seneca Wallace, Tebow etc. This is homerism to the max.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

HAHAHAHHA! So the tables have turned...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tebow starts next season he will have more rushing yards then any other QB next year . Just watch .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyways, honestly I think this whole thing started with the "young guns" thread. If that thread was never made we would've never had to have to compare any of these qbs.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Tebow starts next season he will have more rushing yards then any other QB next year . Just watch .
What about Michael and you should probably add an "if he doesn't get kntfo or injured disclaimer!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1)Either way Minny goes, Webb or Tarvaris.

2)A-Rodge

3)the homer in me wants to throw Colt McCoy's name into the mix
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BucsFreak5
Rookie

BucsFreak5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
How about because he was 2nd among QBs in rushing yards this year? Or some of the absolutely insane escapes he has made? Don't get me wrong, Freeman and Big Ben are right up there, but to just dismiss Rodgers out of hand seems to indicate you are either a major homer or you haven't really seen him play.
First off, Rodgers was 3rd behind Vick and Freeman and second of all, I am not dimissing Rodgers. I just don't see how he is winning this poll by so much.
BucsFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as pure pocket passers who can move:

Any answer that has Freeman, Roethlisberger, or Rodgers isn't wrong because they're all mobile in their own right. Also, mobile isn't exactly measured by rushing yards. Have to include their footwork in the pocket and extending plays. I'd lean Rodgers. Big Ben is hard to bring down when you get to him. Rodgers is hard to get to. Haven't seen enough of Freeman.

Tebow, Wallace, Tavaris Jackson, Joe Webb, and whoever else come off as dual threats instead of pure pocket passers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on what we're talking about. Ben is easily the best at avoiding the pass rush, but if you're looking for a runner, I'm taking Rodgers out of those options.

But as others have said, Tebow and Young are ahead of all of these guys as runners.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote