Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
If they keep VY though, they don't have a terrible QB situation. In an admittedly small sample size, VY was great this year. 98.6 QBR, 10-3 TD:INT, 8.0 ypa and a near 60% completion%. Those are very good numbers when you add in his ability on the ground. And at this point, I don't think it's fair to fully discount his impact on the W-L column either. Just winz gaymez has gone from SWDC meme to reality.
If they have VY, they have a terrible QB situation.

Mangini and Fisher aren't very distant from each other. Their opinion of Vince is going to be very similar.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If they have VY, they have a terrible QB situation.

Mangini and Fisher aren't very distant from each other. Their opinion of Vince is going to be very similar.
It would also they undercut any coach they hire. The incoming coach would know that anytime anything happens with the QB, the owner would go with the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. I don't see Mangini playing that game. The Titans are going to get a ****** coach who's desperate for a job. Fisher's too respected by the coaching community for anyone with a decent rep to go in there after what's happened in Tennessee.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
He is also the Eagles next defensive coordinator, Andy Reid has told all the candidates the job is closed and John Clayton says the man is Jeff Fisher.
You have no idea how stoked I would be if that were the case, however Im not getting my hopes up.

My dad grew up with Jeff, went to high school and played pop warner together so ive got to meet him a couple times and the guy is awesome. Class act for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Jeff Fisher should be an offensive coordinator. He'll know what the DC is thinking!
How did the topic that started that not end up in the Hall of Fame :(
Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If I was a Tenn fan...i would have much rather rolled the dice with Fisher than with VY....but that just me.
The dice had been rolled for 17 years.

Turns out the average result was 3.333 repeater.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:12 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I wonder what the last time Jeff actually called a defensive play? I just don't see the fit for him being a coordinator... HC or nothing IMO.
He's not really what I'd call DC material anymore IMO. He doesn't really have a system or scheme or anything in particular to offer. He is a player coach and that seems better fit for HC - just not with the Titans anymore thank god. He was starting to smell, and stale Fish is just......awful.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Yeah they did. Once more No Neck Adams shows the FB world who the biggest prick of them all is.

Now that all the HC jobs are filled including 2 interims in Minnesota & Dallas becoming permanent. Jerry Jones says "Dammit!" & Garrett says "Whew! close one!"

Doesn't Adams have to pay him for not working this fall? It will be an expensive beeyotchslap for Adams.

Broadcasting for NFLN or ESPN from the booth in 2011?
All accounts point to it being mutual. Also, there is a report out that Fisher secretly got his staff to sign 1 year extensions in Dec in an attempt to protect them from being forced fired by Adams etc, and this was only just discovered by the FO. This explains why DC Chuck Cecil was fired and not just let go, as his contract was meant to run out this offseason. There was obviously a bit of a power struggle going on after this, leading to this point.

Fisher was grasping at what he could to prevent change. He is an NFL dinosaur and the Titans are better off now.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long overdue honestly.

Jeff Fisher is a mediocre HC.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he is a mediocre head coach but I think his lack of evolution over the years has held him back, if he had kept with the times he would still be doing very well.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
I don't think he is a mediocre head coach but I think his lack of evolution over the years has held him back, if he had kept with the times he would still be doing very well.
Wins and losses. This game boilds down to wins and losses. The guy was 500 or had a losing season most of his career.

I think his style is fine. He just needs better players.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Fisher had great teams when his players were perfect and didn't make a single big mistake. He didn't have to be creative or turn games into chess matches moving peices around to create miss matches - it was about winning individual battles and not making mistakes. Come playoffs this always seemed too hard to maintain though, and I'm sure just about every HC could have achieved the same utilizing this style with the same players Fisher had.

He was all about getting a lead and playing not to lose after that, even if it was 3 points. He would have been run out of town in most other markets well before 17 seasons.

Last edited by OzTitan : 01-28-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder what "Woody" thinks about this.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young may not be a bad QB, but I doubt anyone will dispute him being a mentally fragile one. Firing Fisher after announcing you planned to release or trade Vince Young was probably the wrong move. VY's confidence is probably through the floor right now.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great guy. Mediocre coach. Whatever reasons exist for it, the guy hasn't been getting much out of his teams lately.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like this move. Jeff Fisher is a good head coach in my opinion. He hasn't been that consistent since the early 2000's, but at the same time he hasn't had a quarterback since the days of Steve McNair. Not saying that is an excuse, but at the same time I think he's a good coach and he'll get another head coaching gig soon. Tennessee really were assholes for not giving him a chance to go to another team though. He would have been a good fit for the Dolphins I think. He'll probably take a year off and come back to coaching the following season where he'll have a good amount of options to choose from and better leverage. The man has a year left on his contract so he'll get paid for doing nothing. Lucky him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I'm not surprised that he was fired. 17 years is a long time, and Tennessee felt like they needed some fresh new ideas.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Munchak is the early favourite to replace Fisher, who I think will sit out a year before looking for a HC job in 2012.

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt also confirmed at today' press conference that he still plans to trade or release Vince Young. I remember at the time it was announced Young was to be released that it wasn't just Fisher who disliked him. According to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi, Reinfeldt is convinced that he cannot win with Young due to his "lack of leadership, work ethic and commitment to the team." Young is due a $8.5m salary for 2011 and an extra $4.25 million offseason roster bonus on March 10 so its almost certain he'll be released by that date.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's Munch, but even if it's not, he'll likely stay on the staff anyway.

I'm wondering if Dave McGinnis (former Arizona HC) is promoted to DC, allowing HC and DC to be promoted from within.

My biggest concern is actually Dinger. Will he retire now that Fisher is gone so he can go through cancer treatment without having to focus on football, or will he continue as the OC if the staff is filled out with coaches he's familiar with? Some anti-Fisher fans actually wanted Dinger as HC.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DO IT!!! DO WANT!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Fewell is my choice.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
please take him.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So the Colts can put up 38 points on him twice per year?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not sure I see the point of promoting from with-in. Greg Williams is another name I would love to see.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Greg Williams is a terrible head coach.