Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Leinart

Where do you think he'll pop up next and if he'll battle for a starting job? I really don't get it...there have been worse QBs that get second chances or a chance to battle for a starting job.

Ultimately...I want to know if he would be a good fantasy dynasty stash. But I am also a USC fan so I'm interested in him as an NFL player too, wouldn't mind him in Oakland. I also have Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan as my fantasy QBs...I just like to have a third QB to be safe.

Personally...I think he goes to SF or SEA. Seems like he'd want revenge on Whiz and seems like he would fit with either team.

Last edited by whatadai : 01-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not mind him in SF if he could improve his accuracy .Coming already for a pro style curve from USC .I think he could stand a good chance or at least do way better then Alex Smith and being a Cali kid he might do good.It depends on the coaches at SF to pick him up.It would be a cheap stop gap too.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I would not mind him in SF if he could improve his accuracy .Coming already for a pro style curve from USC .I think he could stand a good chance or at least do way better then Alex Smith and being a Cali kid he might do good.It depends on the coaches at SF to pick him up.It would be a cheap stop gap too.
Not only a cheap stop gap, but a cheap backup if he doesn't work out. There's really no sense in keeping Alex Smith for another season even at his reduce salary, in my opinion. And if he doesn't work out...SF would probably be able to make a play for Luck or Barkley.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont understand why Arizona didnt hold on to him. We could have seen what he could have done with the starting job. He couldnt have been any worse then Anderson/Hall/Skelton.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I still dont understand why Arizona didnt hold on to him. We could have seen what he could have done with the starting job. He couldnt have been any worse then Anderson/Hall/Skelton.
I've personally never liked Whisenhunt as a coach and always wondered why everyone is so enamored with him. I don't agree with 99% of the moves or play-calling that he makes.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
What money? His salary was low for 2010. They could've kept him and if he didn't pan out cut him before 2011 where he was suppose to get paid around $7 mil...I think.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
What money? His salary was low for 2010. They could've kept him and if he didn't pan out cut him before 2011 where he was suppose to get paid around $7 mil...I think.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=5531842

Quote:
The Cardinals tried to trade Leinart but found no acceptable deal. By cutting Leinart, Arizona doesn't have to pay him the $2.5 million he was due for the coming season, not to mention the $7.4 million, plus a $5.5 million roster bonus, he was scheduled to make next season.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Like I said...$2.5 mil was his 2010 salary, which is low. If he didn't do well in 2010 they can cut him now and not take on the $7.4 mil salary.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
At this point I'd take my chances with Leinart over Smith. The only thing that scares me is Matt's questioned commitment to his craft. He'd probably be a cheap alternative though. Arizona should have kept him over Derek Anderson this past year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart sucks but I agree we should of kept him over Anderson, Whis just simply hates him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a punk. He felt like he was owed the starting job at Arizona and didn't want to go out and earn it.

Then he spends a year on the bench at Houston as the 3rd string qb then comes out and says that he's paid his dues and deserves a chance to start somewhere.

Really Matt?

You suck. And you think you're owed a job. Good choice passing on the draft and losing about 20 million bucks guaranteed so you can take a dance class and bang some girls at USC for 1 more year. Dumbass.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whisenhunt chose Anderson over Leinart bc Anderson is sadly a better quarterback.

They had an open competition, and Anderson won it. Leinart did nothing but check down to the RB the whole game.

As much as Anderson sucks, Leinart sucks even more. There was no point in keeping him around.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Harbaugh taking on a lazy piece of **** like Leinart.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Leinart sucks but I agree we should of kept him over Anderson, Whis just simply hates him
Derek Anderson is the best player in NFL history you should be honored to have him grace you with his presence.

Nothings funny to him.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Good choice passing on the draft and losing about 20 million bucks guaranteed so you can take a dance class and bang some girls at USC for 1 more year. Dumbass.
To be fair, according to BSPN, that USC team was like, the greatest team EVAR. Like, in the history of college football.

Suck it, bitches.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
To be fair, according to BSPN, that USC team was like, the greatest team EVAR. Like, in the history of college football.
Suck it, bitches.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith sucks but Leinart is way worse. If the 49ers were going to sign a bust as a stopgap then Smith would be the better choice.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he started for Arizona the team simply didn't score many points. He threw it way too many short passes.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle? Hey, Pete Carrol was able to resurrect one former USC Trojan career in Mike Williams. Maybe he can do the same with Leinart?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Seattle? Hey, Pete Carrol was able to resurrect one former USC Trojan career in Mike Williams. Maybe he can do the same with Leinart?
He signed 7th round pick Zac Robinson over Leinart back when he became a free agent...Maybe Carroll knows his work ethic well?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only chance Leinart has of starting is playing for Pete Carroll. Otherwise I think he is just a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona knew what they had in Leinart better than anyone and he couldn't stay on their roster. He had as good of a situation as anyone in Arizona and couldn't keep the job. I won't knock him too much for losing out to Warner, but it should have been a smooth transition afterwards. He had tons of practice time and lots of weapons on offense, thats tells me all I need to know about him. Don't think he'll be a starter in the league.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pretty much this. After several years of having him on the team and seeing him in practice/games Whisenhunt realised he wasn't a starting QB in the nfl and didn't want to waste a year with him. Anderson should never have been the backup plan though.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love him as the Bears backup. Both times he played us, he looked like ******* Peyton Manning. So...yeah. At least there's something there that can be worked with.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote