Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Brian Billick has:

Marvin Lewis
Mike Nolan
Mike Smith
Jack Del Rio
Rex Ryan
Mike Singletary
I'm sorry, but that's a pretty crappy list, no way could he contend for best tree. Ryan also brought a new scheme to Baltimore and moved Suggs to DE a lot more so I wouldn't put him under Billick's tree. Mike Smith is the only other mentionable on that list and he's still working on getting there, you need at least one playoff win to be called a success.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Rex is from Buddy"s coaching tree more than anything else
Not as much his tree as much as his "staff."

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the past 20 it's Parcells and Walsh easy. Parcells also has a GM thing as I know Tannenbaum is "his guy" from the Jets and he picked Ireland for Miami.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
I'm sorry, but that's a pretty crappy list, no way could he contend for best tree. Ryan also brought a new scheme to Baltimore and moved Suggs to DE a lot more so I wouldn't put him under Billick's tree. Mike Smith is the only other mentionable on that list and he's still working on getting there, you need at least one playoff win to be called a success.
I wasn't saying that Billick's tree is in any way or shape the best, but merely stating that he's had a measure of success in subordinates becoming head coaches. Frankly his coaches have had more success as head coaches then a certain 3 time Super Bowl winning head coach.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dennis Green tree is pretty solid (obviously an extension of the Walsh tree). Strangely. Billick, Dungy, and all of their stooges.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Walsh has:
Holmgren
Billick
Shanny
Green
Mooch
Hackett
Dungy

Amongst many others

Parcells has:
Belichick which technically is better than Parcells and all of Walsh tree but Bill himself
Payton
Coughlin

I would say they're even! I thank both of them for bringing us great football.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a pretty difficult question to answer, for one major reason in my opinion. I'll take Tony Dungy and his coaching tree for example. Dungy's tree has had some pretty decent success in recent years. 2-2 in Superbowls with another Superbowl appearance in a weeks time, and 4 current NFL Head Coaches, so having Dungy in your Coaching Tree would definately give you a boost. So who's tree is Dungy in? Is he in Bill Walsh's coaching tree? He was the Defensive Co-ordinator of the Vikings when Dennis Green in was in Minnesota. Is he part of the Marty Schottenheimer tree? Dungy was the Defensive Backs coach in Kansas City? Or was he part of the Chuck Noll coaching tree? Dungy got his first NFL coaching job as the Defensive Backs coach of the Steelers under Noll and has stated that the Tampa 2 was just a modified version of the 75 Steelers defensive playbook.

And that is only one Coach and his Coaching tree. So it is very difficult to state categorically which Coach came from which tree and by extension difficult to state which has been the best.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
While Bill Walsh has a massive coaching tree with numerous current or former head coaches, the relative success has not been great. Only really Billick, Gruden and Shanahan have had any Superbowl success and many credit Tony Dungy for most of Tampa Bay's success.
Mike Holmgren, George Seifert, and Dennis Green had fabulous runs with their teams while they were head coaches. And those guys are just the ones that worked directly with Walsh. Steve Mariucci (who knows Walsh well) had a great run with the 49ers, and Mike Sherman and Andy Reid have had success with their teams while being head coaches. Mike McCarthy can get thrown in there too because of his time with Paul Hackett who worked under Walsh. I think it's Walsh hands down.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Not necessarily just Superbowl rings but wins as well. I dont necessarily agree with the premise that being long tenured makes you a good coach either. Jeff Fisher only had, I think, 6 winning seasons in Tennessee.

I also don't think that at the minute any of those current coaches except Tomlin come close to either Belichick or Payton. At the moment I would consider Tomlin and McCarthy to be the only top coaches in that tree and they both benefit from excellent front offices too.
Payton hasn't coached that long in the NFL and he's had 3 winning seasons out of five in New Orleans. Mike Shanahan at this point has more credentials. John Gruden too. I know you're talking about current coaches, but since we're talking about the Bill Walsh tree, I think it's relative if you're going to talk about Payton and the tree he comes from.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

He also only had 5 losing seasons. :)

Not to turn this thread off topic, but people need to understand why Fisher is seen as this great coach yet only has 6 winning seasons. In the modern NFL, rules have been put into place that force parity, such as the salary cap. In 16 full seasons, Fisher was .500 or better in 11 of them (I'm not going to count his interim year). Should .500 be applauded? No way. Just saying it's hard to escape that when your job is restricted towards that outcome.

Yet, we have many teams who are contenders year in and year out. That's because elite QB's, usually along with great HC's and/or top notch front offices, carry enough power to overcome such things.

Who and when was the last elite QB for the Titans?

Not only that, but do people realize he oversaw a franchise shift from Houston, TX to Nashville, TN that saw stops in Memphis and Vanderbilt's stadium, along with Floyd Reese getting the team into the depths of salary cap hell after '04. The Titans had one losing season after that, and went 8-8 two seasons later. And this is all without getting into the Bud Adams shenanigans.

It was time for the Titans and Fisher to split. I still like Fisher. A lot. I hope he goes to another team, where he actually gets to approve the player who plays the most vital position, and shows up the people who just skimmed his wikipedia page and started judging his career. If you're going to criticize something, target his **** playoff success. It literally took a miracle for him to get to the Super Bowl.

/rant
That's a K.O. Jeff Fisher gets way too much hate sometimes. He's a good coach.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

How about Marty Schottenheimer when he was in Kansas City:

Tony Dungy
Herm Edwards
Bill Cowher
Mike McCarthy
Gunther Cunningham
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I think its a pretty difficult question to answer, for one major reason in my opinion. I'll take Tony Dungy and his coaching tree for example. Dungy's tree has had some pretty decent success in recent years. 2-2 in Superbowls with another Superbowl appearance in a weeks time, and 4 current NFL Head Coaches, so having Dungy in your Coaching Tree would definately give you a boost. So who's tree is Dungy in? Is he in Bill Walsh's coaching tree? He was the Defensive Co-ordinator of the Vikings when Dennis Green in was in Minnesota. Is he part of the Marty Schottenheimer tree? Dungy was the Defensive Backs coach in Kansas City? Or was he part of the Chuck Noll coaching tree? Dungy got his first NFL coaching job as the Defensive Backs coach of the Steelers under Noll and has stated that the Tampa 2 was just a modified version of the 75 Steelers defensive playbook.

And that is only one Coach and his Coaching tree. So it is very difficult to state categorically which Coach came from which tree and by extension difficult to state which has been the best.
I think when they go through so many coaching trees that they're either a product of their last stop or they're just their own tree.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Mike Holmgren's is pretty impressive from the time he was with Green Bay.
Holmgren is a branch of the Walsh tree.

He is a native San Franciscan & the only SF native on the 9ers staff under Walsh.

I believe Nick Saban has links to Bellichick but is not p/o the tree. Saban & BB are close friends & both Croatian-Americans:

from Wikipedia:

Nick Saban is of Croatian origin. Bill Belichick, with whom Nick Saban has excellent relations, said, when speaking about him and Saban: "Two successful Croats in the same division of NFL. You must admit, you don't see that every day."
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
FYI Dungy's tree

Lovie Smith 1 Super Bowl as HC and 1 as Rams DC (unfortunately had Grossman as QB)
Herm Edwards
Rod Marinelli
Mike Tomlin 3 Super Bowls (2 rings a chance at another)
Raheem Morris
Leslie Frazier 3-3 as interim HC now permanent HC
Don't forget Jim Caldwell.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FYI Dungy's tree

Lovie Smith 1 Super Bowl as HC and 1 as Rams DC (unfortunately had Grossman as QB)
Herm Edwards
Rod Marinelli
Mike Tomlin 3 Super Bowls (2 rings a chance at another)
Raheem Morris
Leslie Frazier 3-3 as interim HC now permanent HC
2 Super Bowls and 1 ring. The first was Cowher's
Old 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

argument over.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

argument over.
Agreed.

Where's the late Don "Air" Coryell?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

argument over.
Not entirely.

http://www.sports-central.org/images..._tree_2008.jpg

(Image is pretty big which is why I didn't post it in the forum itself)

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
2 Super Bowls and 1 ring. The first was Cowher's
I should have clarified, my bad, Tomlin was DB coach for the Bucs in 2002.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I should have clarified, my bad, Tomlin was DB coach for the Bucs in 2002.
Sure ya did ;)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol

10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Payton hasn't coached that long in the NFL and he's had 3 winning seasons out of five in New Orleans. Mike Shanahan at this point has more credentials. John Gruden too. I know you're talking about current coaches, but since we're talking about the Bill Walsh tree, I think it's relative if you're going to talk about Payton and the tree he comes from.
Yeah but 3 winning seasons and a superbowl in New Orleans is the equivalent of 3 superbowls in a place like Pittsburgh!

The Brad Childress tree is beginning though. Tomlin is clearly the star pupil, just need to hope for Frazier to match it!!!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Bill Walsh, no questions asked. Half of the league can be traced back to him.

You can add Mike Smith under Del Rio
Old 01-31-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, if you limit it to Children who's parent is Bill Walsch, that list gets a lot less impressive.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Bill Walsh, no questions asked. Half of the league can be traced back to him.

Holmgren, Fox, Reid, McCarthy, Gruden, Shanahan, Fisher, Dungy, Lovie, and Tomlin have all made it to a Superbowl, and I'm sure there are more on the list, but I don't know them and what they did.
This is a really nice graphic. As you can see from this, all great coaching trees come to an end somewhere. I'm sure the one from Mike Tomlin will go on, but other than that, none of them have really gone anywhere.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote