Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
It's not funny anymore, I could give a **** if you made fun of Packers fans for a relevant issue, but it's just old. I don't know why this is so difficult to grasp and it's the reason you come off as a whiny *****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he wasn't a Vikings fan, I feel as if this would be less hostile.

Yeah, attack the guy who hasn't even been making the jokes, good one Boston. For those of us who had to listen to Packers fans bitching and moaning all year about injuries, these jokes are still funny. No one gives a **** if Packers fans are sick of these jokes. If making fun of you for a reason completely irrelevant to the fact my team sucks donkey dick makes me sound like a whiny *****, then you have problems with picking up social cues.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Packers fans are sick of getting made fun of, I guess we should stop, huh guys??
Maybe they injured their...funny bones?

HEY-O!

PS- Packer? Packer Packer Packer. Packer!

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm asking to put the jokes behind us and talk football. I guess that's a lot to ask on a football forum. Specifically in the Pro Football section. Make a separate thread called Packers Injury Jokes and you can go make fun of them there all you want. That way I know what thread to avoid so I can actually discuss football without going through the trash people post.
That is a legitimate gripe. But when you have fellow fans starting annoying ass threads like this to try and pimp two second year players as the best draft choices of all time (slight hyperbole, but you understand the concept), obviously everyone is going to jump all over it and make fun of Packers fans for being annoying again.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Maybe they injured their...funny bones?

HEY-O!
Yeah, you and I went through a bumpy stage a week or so ago, but I am willing to leave that in the past, and focus on the present. And this is the funniest joke in the thread so far.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, attack the guy who hasn't even been making the jokes, good one Boston. For those of us who had to listen to Packers fans bitching and moaning all year about injuries, these jokes are still funny. No one gives a **** if Packers fans are sick of these jokes. If making fun of you for a reason completely irrelevant to the fact my team sucks donkey dick makes me sound like a whiny *****, then you have problems with picking up social cues.
Haha, it wasn't a personal attack, that's just the way you come off, I don't have a problem with you as a poster at all, or these jokes that are being made. It's just not relevant anymore, which is the point I'm trying to make. It's like Packers fans constantly bringing up the fact that the Vikings aren't in the playoffs anymore, despite the fact that like you said, it's not relevant at this point.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha, it wasn't a personal attack, that's just the way you come off, I don't have a problem with you as a poster at all, or these jokes that are being made. It's just not relevant anymore, which is the point I'm trying to make. It's like Packers fans constantly bringing up the fact that the Vikings aren't in the playoffs anymore, despite the fact that like you said, it's not relevant at this point.
I accept the fact that my team sucks a lot. Can you accept the fact that Packers fans have been ******* annoying as **** this year with their incessant bitching about injuries? If so, I can accept that and move on.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I accept the fact that my team sucks a lot. Can you accept the fact that Packers fans have been ******* annoying as **** this year with their incessant bitching about injuries? If so, I can accept that and move on.
I can accept the fact that certain Packers fans are annoying yeah, but the bitching about injuries was relevant at the time ;).

Hitman D

Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
I can accept the fact that certain Packers fans are annoying yeah, but the bitching about injuries was relevant at the time ;).
This isn't good enough for me haha. The injury jokes will continue!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't read the whole thread yet, but Ogden + Ray Lewis > Matthews + Raji

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
This isn't good enough for me haha. The injury jokes will continue!

Somewhere Brad Childress just fist pumped.

Hitman D

Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Didn't read the whole thread yet, but Ogden + Ray Lewis > Matthews + Raji
95 % of this thread doesn't even pertain to the original post but I completely agree.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm asking to put the jokes behind us and talk football. I guess that's a lot to ask on a football forum. Specifically in the Pro Football section. Make a separate thread called Packers Injury Jokes and you can go make fun of them there all you want. That way I know what thread to avoid so I can actually discuss football without going through the trash people post.
The thing is that Packers fans turn every single thread on this board into one about the Packers so the rest of the board combats this by turning all those threads into making Packers Injuriezzzzzz jokes. It's pretty simple and I think it's ******* hilarious
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The thing is that Packers fans turn every single thread on this board into one about the Packers so the rest of the board combats this by turning all those threads into making Packers Injuriezzzzzz jokes. It's pretty simple and I think it's ******* hilarious
That's because there are only two teams remaining, one of them's not yours, so the topics aren't going to be very diverse.

Hitman D

Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:

Somewhere Brad Childress just fist pumped.
You can't fist pump when you are in a shallow grave in a ditch along Minnesota State Highway 15, 12 miles east of the Highway 22 juncture. So your logic is wrong again!!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
You can't fist pump when you are in a shallow grave in a ditch along Minnesota State Highway 15, 12 miles east of the Highway 22 juncture. So your logic is wrong again!!!
Honestly, if anybodies going to come back as a zombie, it's Brad Childress.

Hitman D

Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because there are only two teams remaining, one of them's not yours, so the topics aren't going to be very diverse.
Ok, explain the other 17 weeks.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Ok, explain the other 17 weeks.
And your teams definately not in the Super Bowl.

Hitman D

Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right, an elite pass rusher wouldn't be any better against the run than anyone you have. Really man? I know what an elite pass rusher is. You're saying that if you sub in Ware, Matthews, Harrison, Wake that they won't be any better at getting in the backfield than Jason Taylor or Calvin Pace? A pass rusher's job goes beyond getting to the QB. I can't believe I had to say that.
Sorry, I thought when you said elite pass rusher, you meant elite pass rusher instead of elite all around outside linebacker. My mistake. Or is this a case of thinking that being an elite pass rusher automatically makes you an elite run stuffer as well?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Honestly, if anybodies going to come back as a zombie, it's Brad Childress.
He won't get very far, I took his legs and arms and buried them at an undisclosed location, well out of slithering-distance. So I am not too concerned.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who wants to make this Packer Injury Joke Thread. I vote Brent for the quote in my sig. However, others can throw their hat into the ring. But I feel it would be an important thread and all. I would like to be the one to declare that I, yodapoop, brought the influx of bad posters. So SWDC, you're welcome!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a legitimate gripe. But when you have fellow fans starting annoying ass threads like this to try and pimp two second year players as the best draft choices of all time (slight hyperbole, but you understand the concept), obviously everyone is going to jump all over it and make fun of Packers fans for being annoying again.
Just tell him it's not right and move on. I don't see the harm in that. Bringing up injuries has nothing to do with this thread. Even I agree that this thread is ridiculous and won't even be relevant until atleast 8-9 years from now.

There are so many other classes better than Raji and Matthews at this point. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are just one of many that include two hall of famers or close to it. As we stand right now, we have a rookie of the year/possible DPOTY and a rising NT who could be the best at his position as soon as next year if he keeps improving as this pace. But you can't base a question like this on potential.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Dick Butkus + Gale Sayers

/thread
Butkus - 9 seasons
Sayers- 7 seasons (2 were pretty much nothing according to NFL.com stats)

Lewis- 15 seasons
Ogden- 12 seasons
(both were pretty consistent throughout their careers and pivotal to their franchise's birth)

Although both Butkus and Sayers were astounding players back in the day, both were not in the modern era of football, and didn't have to compete against the amount physical freaks of today. I'd still take Lewis and Ogden.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein
Let's all go after J-Mike for starting discussion! Yeah, that's the cool thing to do on NFLDC! What's more annoying is the replies in this thread going after the Packers.
People are just tired of the blatant Packer homerism from a few of their fans. Everyone isn't just hating on the Packers because it's cool and/or they are jealous the Packers are in the SB. No one likes a thread created to indirectly brag about some ones team. J-Mike just wanted to feed his homer ego by getting other fans to talk about how great the duo of Clay & BJ are. This isn't a conspiracy against the Packers, just no one likes homer threads. Especially if a few fans of one team has a affinity for such. If this was another thread/post made by say a Buc fan talking about Josh Freeman there would be a similar kind of hate.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he wasn't a Vikings fan, I feel as if this would be less hostile.
If a packer fan hadn't of just brought up injuries a couple pages ago, I feel like his argument would be a lot more legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Those picks would have been much better if the Packers didn't have so many injuries.
This might actually be one of the worst jokes I've ever seen...

Hitman D