Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Or we'll say he's worth nothing because, you know, we've actually watched him play.
I agree with this man.

I dont even think Kolb is the best backup in the league right now, I think id take matt flynn, caleb hanie, and possibly bruce gradkowski over him just off the top of my head.

Kolb is terrible, absolutely god awful. Hes terrible at reading coverages, is horrible about staring down targets, and then throws the ball into the coverage anyway with his 3rd grader quality arm.

And who the hell was it that said he could be top ten? really?
Qb's Id take over him on any given day on any team:
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Freeman
Rodgers
Eli
ryan
Vick
Ben Rapist
romo
hasselback
bradford
cut...hanie
schaub
rivers
flacco
cassel

Thats seventeen right there that he could never play better than over the course of a season imo, even with the great weapons the eagles have. Only hasselback is even close to arguable from that list if you ask me. So now he'll never be top ten.

and guys that are at least arguable: vy, fitzpatrick, matt flynn, david garrard (never been high on him for what its worth), mcnabb, tebow, stafford, sanchize, jeff garcia, jason campell, colt mccoy, carson palmer, bruce gradkowski, and if you really wanna reach maybe henne (similarly crap players).

that makes him a clearly better option than: tjax, a.smith, skelton/hall. and even then idk about skelton/hall because i dont remember the one game that i saw them play.

I think kolb's upside is that of ryan fitzpatrick in the right system. a somewhat serviceable starter in a dumbed down and simple system requiring simple reads and throws. If he had a great team around him, hed have a chance of getting them to the playoffs as a dilfer like game manager. thats his upside.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
You can't ask fans the value of a QB. Many fans here were calling Aaron Rodgers a bust because he didn't look all that great his first couple of times on the field filling in for Favre. The same ones will say Kolb is worth nothing because he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs the first time he played.
1. Anyone that said that about Rodgers is an idiot.

2. That was in extremely limited mop up time for Rodgers. Kolb has had 7 starts. Completely different.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, he's not bad, but he hasn't been great. Has some weaknesses, but I can easily see them being masked in the right scheme.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you think some team would be crazy to trade for Kolb, tell us what the better options for the dozen or so teams that need to upgrade their QB talent. It's like Seattle trading for Whitehurst last year. Everyone thought it was a terrible trade, but nobody could come up with a better option for Seattle, who desperately needed to add a QB.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If some team will give the Eagles what they want, you'll see him moved. When Kolb is the starter for a full year, we'll be able to see for sure what he actually is. I think one of these teams will pay to have him. If they don't, I'm fine with Kolb backing up Vick another year at that price.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
You can't ask fans the value of a QB. Many fans here were calling Aaron Rodgers a bust because he didn't look all that great his first couple of times on the field filling in for Favre. The same ones will say Kolb is worth nothing because he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs the first time he played.
Huh? The first decent action Rodgers got, against the Cowboys, was pretty much lauded as fantastic by all Packers fans and made us comfortable moving on.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Huh? The first decent action Rodgers got, against the Cowboys, was pretty much lauded as fantastic by all Packers fans and made us comfortable moving on.
Halsey is right on this one people, guys on here and much more so in the media were ripping rodgers as news came out that favre didnt like him and wasnt really helping him and he struggled in preseason games, training camp, and the limited action he saw.

2005 v Balt = 9/16 65yds 1 INT 3 sacks
2006 v NE = 4/12 32yds 3 sacks
2007 v dal = 18/26 201yds 1td 3 sacks

as you can see, he wasnt all that great until dallas, where as you said thats when people got comfortable with him.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I like Kolb...quite a bit actually...someone will take the gamble and possibly strike gold.

That said, I'm fine with my team's QB moving forward.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys....remember me? I was Kevin Kolb before Kevin Kolb.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

If Kevin Kolb is Billy Volek, then he needs to be starting somewhere. Billy Volek is the troof.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Volek at age 26 or so might have garnered interest by some of these teams. The state of QB in the bottom 1/3 of the league is pretty horrid, and the incoming class of college QB's isn't doing much to help.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was SO happy when I heard Kolb was going to be the future Eagles qb. FINALLY, I thought, the downfall of the Eagles is upon us. I knew for awhile that Kolb sucked, I couldn't believe how many fanboys he had, it was ridiculous.

I was so excited, I made a ton of side bets with Eagles fans I knew, I couldn't believe the ridiculous stuff they were saying. Some even had the balls to say he was going to be the best qb in the division.

I eagerly waited for the season to start. Once again, Kolb sucked in the PS. I pointed it out gleefully, but my Eagles friends scoffed at the notion. He'll turn it around they said.

Then the season started and then....Michael Vick happened.

Damn you Vick. You asshole. I was supposed to enjoy the Kevin Kolb era. And you ruined it for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Except Volek could actually throw it downfield.

After we traded McNair, I took solace that we had a good backup like Volek who could at least start until we drafted a QB/rookie QB was ready. So I was so pissed when I heard we were going to trade Volek and sign Kerry freakin' Collins.

I don't get the comparison though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I don't get the comparison though.
I was just using it to illustrate that multiple 300 yard passing games(or in this case, 400) doesn't necessarily make you an NFL star or even make you a high demand guy on the trade circuit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will trade a 2nd for him. The demand exceeds the supply, someone will gamble.

But just bc someone does, doesn't make it a good idea. Nor does it justify his talent.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed with BBD. I think, at maximum, he's worth a 3rd RD, and that's solely because he's a QB who can start and still allow a good team to come out with a victory. But some team will be desperate and overbid to ensure that they get him because they like him/would prefer him over a rookie QB.

Quote:
I was just using it to illustrate that multiple 300 yard passing games(or in this case, 400) doesn't necessarily make you an NFL star or even make you a high demand guy on the trade circuit.
Oh, I gotcha then. I thought you were comparing them as QB's or the situations on the teams they were with.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote